1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

:giggle1: No I pictured Ange sat in the house taking training via zoom on his iPad as the players ran up and down

2. JamesM09

Nah the internet is * in Oz.

In about 3 days time our Aussie regulars will be on here to tell me naw it * isny!

TheHappyLoss and Peej like this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Really like the cut of this big * jib.

The big Viduka and charlietully like this.
  4. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If you read the messages you will find a lot of folk saying nothing is happening because he is in quarantine/isolation.
    Everyone has been doing the work from home. Why can’t this guy who is a manager do the same and he not even a player so he does most of his work behind a desk anyways. Preseason just started so there were many days prior with no training as players will still be on holiday. So why can’t he be doing meeting with players, scouts and staff over zoom? Seems to be doing * all as far as I am concerned.

I don’t give two * if you don’t agree with me but to label me as dumb without giving a valid reason just show who really he dumb. You are probably one of those who still loves Lennon and Kennedy. Dimwit.

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    From what the players are saying he is talking to them, so if he’s doing that it’s a possibility that he’s doing other stuff too, unless he’s catching up on Neighbours.

The big Viduka and littlekennie like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I know I have a poor starting point for this appointment, but even I am knowing he is doing these things.
    Literally Griffiths has stated it.

Taz, The big Viduka and HTG like this.
  7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Hopefully he's no writing an Alan Partridge style "Bouncing Back" book after his stint with us.

Dannybhoy81 and JML67 like this.
  8. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You didn't mention Zoom in your original message, maybe try to be more clear next time and people won't question you.

Your point about me loving Kennedy and Lennon is pretty bizarre too, Kennedy should be nowhere near the club and has leeched off us for years, I've also made comments disparaging Lennon since last November, I have no love for the man.

Not to mention it's only been a week since he was appointed, with Griffiths already stating he's talked to the boss, it's likely he's spoke to other players.

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Buzzing to see how he has us set up. Hoping for a very high press. Of course it would backfire at times but * it. After last season, I just want to get back to enjoying watching our games. A trophy or two would help as well.

10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely.

This appointment is left field, risky and totally unexpected, but if he implements the kind of game he's known for and the players buy into it we should be a good team to watch once again.

The lack of urgency and organisation in every game last season was as infuriating as it was depressing to watch.

Recruitment will be important, but tactically I'm hoping we're miles better under Ange than Lennon (which shouldn't be too difficult tbh).

11. OziBeerMan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Ange is most certainly NOT a yes man. To the point that it’s highly likely if he found himself in that position he would walk. So I agree with your post. If you don’t want Ange seeing the * show that it is and resigning after a few months because he doesn’t have the support of the board, I’d be quite vociferous as a supporter body and agitate for change.

12. limezer

I hope we don’t see, win the ball and pass it about our own half for 70% of the game. I think it’s better if we just go all out attack, if we lose the ball it brings the other teams out and makes it easier to play through.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He seems like an attack attack guy tbh

limezer likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I read stuff about him and I want to get excited but then I think of the season just passed, how many players we need and I reign myself in

Dannybhoy81 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  15. MAP

Bravo.

16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I look forward to the Magners deal finishing so we can revive Castlemane XXXX “I can see the pub from here” adverts!

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good

18. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    What's this bullshit of Ange being a cheap option ? He is not coming from Raith Rovers for f sake! He is rated as being one of the top managers in the world ! Celtic have pulled a master stroke in getting him!

What is your yard stick for cheap or expensive ? Do you have knowledge of what his contract is ? No ! You know he has come in to improve things moving forward. You know you can not get Guardiola . Mourinho's track record has not been that hot of late nor the dour way his teams play, so you would not want him for Celtic, nor the massive salary he commands. We all have seen the consequences. Van Gaal ? No thanks. Do you want dinosaurs or fresh bood ? Static football or progressive, lively winning football ?

Yokohama Marinos are sponsored by a huge industrial company. They had regular crowds of 50,000 plus at their games .
    If you think Ange was being payed peanuts as manager there , then think again. Celtic will be paying him what he is worth, and they will get value fpr money ! Some of you guys need to get off the sauce and get a grip !

19. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    By Australians yes but no-one has really heard of him in Europe, let alone rate him as one of the best in the world.

I think he’s seen as cheap as he’s only ever spent a few mill on players in his whole career.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  20. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good