1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Any other circumstance I’d punt but let’s get real we need strikers and can’t afford to turn any away Griffiths on his day is a five million pound striker we can have him at the club for a million the now it’s a no brainer unfortunately we have a huge rebuild ahead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artorias likes this.
  2. Sgt Neppers*

Rather Griff over Wyke.

Can't see how Wyke fits in to Angeball.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I don’t necessarily disagree mate. Just using Peej’s example against him :giggle1:

Like everyone in the squad I am willing to leave it up to the manager who to keep and who to let go. Watched a management conference talk with Postecoglou and he isn’t afraid to make tough (and sometimes unpopular) choices if he feels a player won’t buy into his vision.

Clean slate for everyone.

Dannybhoy81, Liam Scales and AdamRS like this.
  4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Griff really needs to grow up and stop being a * , if he knuckles down and gets on with it then hopefully he may have a future with us .

joemc likes this.
  5. oh bhoy

I don't know that you can just overlook pure laziness ,I think Ange needs to do what Rodgers did with stokes and get him out to *

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If he comes back to pre season training overweight, stroppy and lazy I have no doubt in my mind Postecoglou will show him the door.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Oh for * sake. Don't do it Ange.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  8. oh bhoy

Do you think his behaviour last season counts for nothing? The reality of the situation Griffiths has scored 7,13,6 and 12 goals in the last 4 seasons and that's nowhere near good enough if there was any indication he would be capable of reaching the level he was at 5 years ago! I'd maybe think differently

9. JamesM09

I’m probably a hypocrite but I would be willing to give him a chance under Ange.

I just feel like the pandemic was always going to be bad news for him. He’s the type that needs a strong coach monitoring him and his lifestyle. We all know the issues he has. It seems wrong to me to punish someone that has such severe mental health issues for struggling during a pandemic.

He was fantastic in the second half of Lennons first season. I know that was a short period but had the pandemic not struck he was back to his best.

If we don’t think he’s good enough then of course move him on, but if we’re getting rid as a ‘* him’ for not coming back fit, that seems very harsh to me considering his circumstances.

It shouldn’t be about punishment, the only question should be about what he can do next season.

Double Dutch likes this.
  10. horseshoe

His goals to minutes this season was still pretty healthy to be fair, I think he should have had a lot more gametime, him not getting on was as much to do with lennons * about than lack of fitness this year imo, he was happy to throw him on when we needed a goal to pull our * out the fire then just bin him straight back out in favour of an obviously toiling edouard. He's a dangerous player to have in the squad, even if I still want us to splash out on a new first choice.

11. celticdawg

If and its a big if he gets fit and remains injury free then he can be a positive for us especially as eddie is leaving and the strikers linked with us hardly fill you with optimism ?
    If the manager thinks otherwise then fine but at least have better in place before getting rid surely !!

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’ll never forgive him for not giving a * during our most important domestic season in decades and to make matters worse, sucking up to Lawwell like a little snake looking out for his next wage.

13. oh bhoy

He's a 30 year old man he needs to be accountable for his own training and lifestyle ,yeah he had some issues and everyone cut him slack but last year was a complete disgrace,its not a punishment if you prove you can't do your job ,getting fit is the minimum requirement ,hes not alone ajeti should be out the door with him

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Given the volume of turnover there’s about to be, I’d be keeping him personally.

15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We've got a League tae win, we need players who will be fit and will actually give a *.

Last season was his chance and he failed to take it, what will be different next season ?

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    That’s the long and short of it for me I think. It’s an annoying place to be in but we’ve done that to ourselves.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    10/15 game's off him at the start of the season..

The wee * chucked it and couldn't be arsed getting in any shape for the 10, missing a large chunk and completely * up our 2 up top system from the off..

I'd volley the * down London Road if I was Ange..

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye, I wish I could be of that mindset mate. I resent it to * but with the turnover and what we need, I don’t think we can afford it.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's so unreliable..

He's on 15-20 grand a week and at 30, I'd get him out now and put it towards someone with some professionalism..

This guy deserves nothing from us. We stuck by him and he shat on us when we really needed him. I won't forget that and I'm pretty sure a large portion of our support won't either..

Fitness is a joke
    Always gets niggles
    Lost a yard of pace
    Link up play is terrible
    Hasn't been first choice at us for year's, because we've needed a couple ahead of him in the pecking order..

I think we'd be mad to keep him on..

20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Canny understand the logic of keeping him just because of the turnover, if he's not fit then he useless to us regardless of how many players we need to bring in.

Would rather we signed new strikers who will be eager to impress, rather than waste anymore time in the hope that he comes good.

AdamRS, jimbobers, Hammy89 and 3 others like this.