1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think looking at a goals to minute ratio is a fairer reflection, he scores a goal every 194 mins, basically a goal every third game, not bad for a winger, especially in a tougher league than Scotland, going by those stats, if the new manager can get his head focused and his attitude sorted, we could potentially be looking a goal every two games winger come the new season, hopefully he'll also be a consistent threat in Europe & Sevco fixtures too, unlike Forrest.

The low number of starts he's made will be down to attitude, not ability, as his manager in Belgium has spoke about, but there's a reason they want to extend his deal, they know he's a class player. Hopefully our new manager will be able to sort his attitude out, then we'll have a player on our hands.
    You act as if all those class goals he scored on YouTube were made up CGI, to have a good highlights reel on YouTube, you still have to perform on the pitch, just because a couple videos in the past have stung, such as Bangura/Amido Balde you're no doubt referencing, doesn't mean they all go like that. I can think of many players we've signed where I was impressed with their highlights on YouTube and then they carried that form with us, Jullien impressed me for Toulouse and for us overall he's been a great player imo, Guidetti was another who was class at Feyenoord before he joined us, then first 6 months he was top class for us, but then when he told Ronny he wouldn't sign permanently things went sour, so then Ronny played Griffiths instead, many more examples on top of that.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Doesn't always means much. I'm sure i saw a similar one for Turnbull and claims that he'd have a massive drop off..

He's been terrific for us..

The poster banging the drum for Shved whilst slating Forrest is exactly the same guy that wants Callum Davidson over Howe. Hmmmmm..

Liam Scales likes this.
  3. jambo_cfc

In shved i thought we ere getting a faster kris commons who would score a barrel load for us ! Might still come good as i think there is still a player there

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Cannot wait until he leaves in the summer so this thread can die and he can be forgotten about.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

I totally misread this quote and thought you were being extremely harsh :56::56::56::56:

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Didn't slate Forrest, he's a great consistent player domestically against every side below the standard of Sevco, it's just when it comes to Europe & Sevco, he's posted missing far too often, we need better than him in those games, if Shved or Karamoko aren't the answer to that in those games, then a new RW is required.

On Davidson over Howe, I stand by that I think Davidson would have us better organized in Europe defensively, making us harder & more solid to beat than Howe at that level from everything I've read/watched about Howe since he was seriously linked, however Howe would have us playing far better & more attractive football than Davidson domestically, balancing it up I want to see us do things in Europe again, if we have a manager who has us competing & punching well above our weight in Europe, domestic duties will take care of themselves by default.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Of course he still scored those goals and yes some were crackers. But a highlights reel is exactly what it says on the tin - a highlights reel. Gary Mackay-Steven could be made to look like on the best wingers in Europe if you just take his best bits.

Does Shved have ability? I’m sure he’s a talented player, yes. But your assumption that he’s a class player based on a few goals in a highlights video, and a handful of goals for a bang average Belgian side (where he can barely get a start) is delusional beyond belief.

He may well come back and end up * hot. But there’s literally nothing he’s done to suggest that’s even remotely likely.

You admit that his attitude is probably the reason he isn’t starting many games. Well then, even more reason to doubt his potential impact next season.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Well you want Shved to replace him and no have a bizzare * for Forrest..

Pretty obvious what you meant by that..

Forrest has had a number of good game's in Europe. City at home. Bayern at home just 2 that spring to mind. Lazio away another. Then massive goals in qualifying on a few occasions..

It's an absolute nonsense that he goes missing in Europe too often. Aye he has a few time's against the Huns but he's still done damage against them. Just look at the 2-1 against Slippys mob late on for a big game moment v them..

I honestly can't take you seriously, particularly as your still banging the Davidson drum over Howe. There's no way you're doing it with a straight face..

If you're no at the wind up, you need suiting up and sticking in a chair..

10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'd like to see Shved or Karamoko be given a run at RW over Forrest aye, because I've seen more than enough of Forrest in Europe & Sevco fixtures to know he's not the answer at RW for those games, a good game here & there from the 100+ combined he's had in them makes no difference to changing my opinion on that. By bizarre * I was talking about Lennon, he most definitely did have a bizarre * for him, wouldn't let anyone challenge him for his position, treated him like his son, reminded me of the dad in charge of the school team who just keeps selecting his son every week and leaving out the better players. At least Brendan was bold enough to leave Forrest out for Paddy in quite a few Europe & Sevco fixtures when he was in charge.

That goal against Lazio is the only goal from open play he's scored in Europe post Qualifiers from about 50+ CL/EL games in over 10 seasons, 2 goals in 25 games against Oldco/Newco, Jullien is one behind him against the huns to put it into perspective, he's not got the mentality or quality for those fixtures consistently enough and it's about time he sat out them for someone else. Even looking at his Scotland stats, it's obvious that he's consistently ineffective far more often than not when the standard of opposition is raised above Aberdeen. Btw if Shved or Karamoko aren't the answer then a new RW is another position needing strengthened in preparation for our toughest fixtures (Europe & Sevco) of the season.

All I'm saying about Howe is that I'm not feeling confident going into Europe with him, but we'll see what happens. You do realize it's not totally inconceivable that a Steve Clarke or Callum Davidson would maybe set up the team to be more solid & better organized in Europe than a Rodgers or Howe would yeah? It's not an outlandish claim to voice that, given what Steve Clarke & Callum Davidson have achieved on tiny budgets where they've had to punch well above their weight to gain success, a manager who can get his team to punch well above its weight is exactly a managerial strength that we need in Europe if we're to start progressing at that level again.

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Lennon has a bizarre bone for Forrest, you have a bizarre bone for Davidson. These things just happen.

martin_d and FranceCelt like this.
  12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't have a bizarre * for Davidson haha just saying the guy has achieved crazy things on a tiny budget in only his first season in management

Creativecelt and The_Bhoy like this.
  13. Maestro 08

Competition for places is definitely a positive. Forrest had probably his best season with Roberts breathing down his neck so I def agree with you there. Including Dembele more often might kick Forrest on to have another great season not only in terms of motivation but giving him a rest now and again. We've been overstretched down that right flank since prob Roberts left and having a different option ain't no bad thing.

martin_d likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Mechelen will reportedly approach Celtic to loan out Marian Shved next season.

The winger joined the Parkhead club in January 2019 but has barely featured since the £2million signing in the latter days of the Brendan Rodgers tenure.

He was shipped out on loan to Mechelen having made just three appearances off the bench under Neil Lennon.

Despite a tough start to life in Belgium, the 23-year-old found his form and helped his side in a push for the Europa League playoff place.

Belgian outlet GVA state that they want to take the Ukranian on a deal for “one year longer

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We should be looking to sell him first and foremost. At least try and recoup the 2m we paid for him.

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Big Ange will give him his chance

18. saltire78

Bring him back for pre-season, let Ange look at him and decide if he's useful to his plans. If not, sell for about the £2m we paid for him and move on

Edit: actually, can he play left wing, or only right? He's a natural winger, so even a decent one alongside Forrest on the other side would be progress

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He can play LW too, his last goal for Mechelen came from a LW position I think, far better player at RW though

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

did maryanne get in the ukrainian squad ?