1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    As a squad player think he'd be okay but he's not an improvement on Rogic and he aint getting in our central midfield.

2. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    Aye looking at the Sunderland fans comments not one of them seem bothered about losing him even after his 30+ goal season avoid at all costs

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
  4. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    thailandceltic likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Never watched the guy, whats up with bringing in a freebie backup who just smashed 30+ goals the previous season?

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    An extremely poor footballer, link up play is appalling, he's woefully slow, technically extremely poor, his only redeeming quality is the fact he's in good in the air but even then his link up aerially is *, he's not half the player Bayo is and he's been deemed not good enough for us as 4th choice, this * is far worse.

Yes he got 30 goals last season, about 20 of them came from McGeady crossing * onto his head that he couldn't miss, he also missed a bucket load as well. A very poor standard of player embarrassing from the club really, of all the thousands of target man strikers around the world we are apparently in for him.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I’ll bow to your knowledge mate. Never seen him play at all :50:

Account Deactivated likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Clark
    O'Donnell, Welsh, Hendry, Doig
    McCann, Campbel
    Forrest, Turnbull, Boyle
    Wyke

Led out by Ange, John "Beautiful Human" Kennedy and Gavin "Laptop" Strachan.

Next seasons line up, and we aren't to complain about it, if some of the rumours and legit suggestions in here are taken serious enough.

Chronic how low some folk are willing to accept the downgrade at this club without actually realising it.

9. john2061

I said in the thread earlier that players like O'Donnell will likely to be signed and it tells me the board have surrendered already the title next season and also not backing the new manager and most worrying if the zombies get to the champions League this season and win the league also that's 70 million into there bank and this board need to get to * big time .

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Burn it with fire

Peej and Garrymac1888 like this.
  11. murphy88

Howe not taking the job and then Postecoglou getting it was an indication of how the transfer window would go in my opinion. Best players sold on and peanuts spent on building basically a brand new team. The board are trying to play us like fiddles yet again. If enough let them away with it though, it will continue. We are already in massive bother for next season, and we haven’t even started pre-season training yet.

john2061 and Peej like this.
  12. Foley1888

That is truly awful, I really don’t get the clamour to sign players from our league this last year. Remember they went unbeaten in the league the last year, they aren’t world beaters but would probably beat a team assembled from the best players of the rest, so signing numerous players from them should be a no go.

One or two like a McCann from St Johnstone or (I am genuinely struggling to think of someone else after writing one or two).

I am all for signing bosmans etc but they need to be of a standard that improves on what we have. No point in signing guys who are no better than a Welsh, Hjelde, Connell, OConnor, Henderson, Dembele, Shved, Bayo etc, I would rather just play them.

Guys like Siegerst, Porteous, Boyle, O’Donnell, even Doig or Nisbet I am not convinced will improve us.

Peej likes this.
  13. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    I'd far rather Nisbet than this Wyke think Nisbet will be a good Griffiths replacement someone that will get you goals in Scotland and know what you're getting. Scotland instantly looked more threatening with Forrest and Nisbet coming on today

Peej and AdamRS like this.
  14. Foley1888

I would rather just play Bayo than Wykes he is a donkey. Nisbet is still young and has got something about him but for £3-4m I feel there could be better out there. I know our previous abysmal scouting makes that hard to believe.

Forrest certainly made a difference even playing right wing back but I think everyone in Scotland except Steve Clark could see that starting line up was terrible and lacked any width on the right.

totti-88 likes this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    That big mad mental looking right back with the * style moustache for Sweden looks as though he could do a job for us.:fear:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  16. northeast67

Equivalent of a good Aberdeen or his side, we need to be bigger and better

17. dmccourt95

Hibs would finish ahead of that if they weren’t bottlers

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. Scubaroo

Firstly let me say, I'm neither for our again him.

Is Boyle not up to scratch to make a celtic squad at all. I think I saw somewhere he made the league team of the season? Over a dozen goals and the same for assists, is it possible that he would pick that up again next season? I do understand that anyone celtic pick up should be a much better standard to what's already there.

Also Ange never came across him in the national team, the raiding of other nations is part of the Graham Arnold era so there isn't really a tie there for Ange to really want to go after him.

19. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Yeah forget Wyke… he’s pish!

Mooy and Ryan rumours picking up pace in Australia and China. Yes please to both.

Pipa 23, Spanish RB from Huddersfield being linked to Sporting. Saying €2m but I’d say it will end up €5m. Had a great start to the Championship last year but tailed off because he picked up a niggling injury, no back up to rest him. I’d get on that, great going forward, goals and assists, technically very good.

20. oh bhoy

so we should be signing mcgeady ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.