1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. VT8

To be honest, I don't think we don't produce quality players like Viduka anymore.

Yes definitely no entitlement from Ange. I remember him axing Lucas Neill and Mark Schwarzer pretty much immediately when he got the Australia job :giggle1::giggle1:

2. HopeAngeDoesn'tFuckUp

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    It's a pitty because the boys being produced now are reportedly more talented but it shows that what made our best generation was mental fortitude, resilience and desire. Arzani has been put on a pedestal since he was 16. He's been touted as the next big thing for over 6 years. The next part of his career will be telling. Will he take the easy route and just become a good A league player or will he dig deep and fulfil his potential. His option 20 years ago was fulfil your potential or pick up a hammer. Thus the serious lack of quality in Aus today.

craigtheceltic, Liam Scales and VT8 like this.
  3. VT8

It would be nice for Celtic to be an outlet but I don't think it's Celtic's or Ange's job to worry about upcoming Australian talent.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Why the * are we talking about Viduka and Oz players all the time?

Viduka was years ago and bringing that up was pointless.

I couldn’t give a * where these players come from, as long as they come here work hard and give their all for Celtic then they could come from Mars and I wouldn’t give a *.

Facts are we have had some really good players from the British market the last 10-11 years. We’ve had one player from Oz in that time in Rogic..... See where I’m going with this.

5. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

I'd go as far as saying not a single Australian based player from first team A-League, to under 16's good enough to come in and make an impact at any level. Steve McGarry formally of Motherwell runs my local clubs youth side, says it all but Ive only heard bad things from a fella with a kid in the system. Small sample, but can only imagine.

Mooy and Ryan are good players. Ryan a bit short, but he has some qualities. Mooy I like, not the most mobile and at 30 playing at a low level might have lost a bit of what he had at his very short lived prime - One of those guys I suspect.

6. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I will say this again as i said about muscat not coming 100 * times it was never on the cards.
    I will also say this for the second * time.
    Angelo will not risk his credibilty by selecting oz players unless they would be in starting 11(mooy).why recruit oz players if they are fringe players does not make sense at all and he wont do that.his fringe players will be youngsters if they are good enough not journey men

craigtheceltic and VT8 like this.
  7. VT8

From what I've heard, it's not about talent. All you need is a * ton of money to be in the system.

HopeAngeDoesn'tFuckUp likes this.
  8. Scubaroo

Too true. Its going to be interesting where he's going to get all these players from, and who's scouting them/the contacts ange works with. Hes never had the funds before. These signings could make or break the season before a ball is even kicked.

bhoy81 and HopeAngeDoesn'tFuckUp like this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Why are some people obsessed with who we can sign from Australia? Or Japan for that matter?

* pages of nonsense talk about the standard of Ozzie players and their league and who might make it at Celtic.. who gives a *..

If he even considers our rebuild with this standard of player he won't last till October :56:

10. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Take it easy man, we are just verbalising our thoughts, not setting them in concrete - it's a forum.

11. StevieBhoooy!

I really hope Muscat isn’t going to be part of the staff....

12. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd be shocked if he doesn't. He's only ever worked within that standard.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The only Ozzie I'd take is Martin Boyle :fear:

14. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The player suggestion from our Australian friends over the last few pages are exactly why a large number of us a massively concerned about Ange. Same guys gave us glowing reports about our new world class coach.

If Ange looks towards the A league for recruitment it would not be a good start.

15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    No issue with us looking all over the world for good players, but Australia simply isn’t producing the calibre of footballer they were a decade ago, imo.

You look at some nations with talented youth sides and that’s the type of market you want to be involved in. I don’t see that with Australia just now.

It’s going to be a major challenge for Ange tbh. The lack of infrastructure at the club just now makes me feel as though he’s starting from a position of weakness.

bhoy81, JML67, VT8 and 1 other person like this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    It's been debunked about 100 times

17. AussieAnge

Football is Australia's 5th sport behind Cricket, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Australian Rules Football. Scott Brown earns more in a year than all the players combined at the top placed A League team, Melbourne City. The A league is barely professional. Unlike our cricketers and rugby players, some A league players can walk the streets of our major cities and no one would know who they are.

Any serious aussie footballer needs to get out of this country, the ones who stay are not special at all. We are not even the top Asian league - Japan is by far the best and they can attract multi million pound salaries for some of their players. In the last 10 years transfer fees paid for A League players has surpassed 1m euro only 6 times, and the record is 1.4m euros.

I want Ange to do well & I think he can really surprise some doubters. He was too good for the A League and proved his worth with Australia winning the Asian Cup. He also should have picked up the Netherlands scalp in the 2014 World Cup - still gutted we lost that game. With that being said, Ange needs to leave Australian football behind, because his Australian 'connections' mean F all in this job.

Ask yourself fellow folk from down under, would any of our domestic cricket teams look in Scotland for cricket players? Course not, so why should Celtic be looking here for footballers.

VT8 likes this.
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Wayne Rooney's younger brother Kanga supposed to be on Ange's wish list...

19. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

:56: :56:

* awful but I like it.

thailandceltic likes this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

Really ? That many ?