1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Right mon' let's get behind him :50:
    Hopefully have a few scouts watching the Euros pick up a couple Gems

2. TheHappyLoss

Think we all have to. It’s going to be tough enough without us being on his back before a ball is kicked. Aye the board are a joke and would love to be rid, but that’s not Ange’s fault. Destroy they hun mongrels Ange!

Last Christmas I gave you my heart, this year to save me from tears I’ll give it to Ange Postecoglou coglou.

3. Hydrobhoy

we must get behind our boss in droves thats what will win the league and cups this season not the in fighting and * and negativity and hatred of the board etc.

4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Managed to finally watch that interview (only read it earlier) and to give the lad a bit more credit, he comes across well.

Speaks about modernisation of the club like Dom does.
    Interesting that at one point he mentions he had "spoken with the CEO" and then named the CEO as Dom when talking about the future of the club. So it does sound like Dom has taken a bigger lead in this one, and that Ange may have been leaning to Dom in negotiations rather than Peter.
    Reading between lines massively here, but I am trying to pick out snippets of positivity.

He comes across as a confident guy, like some of the Aussie lads have said, he looks to be in control of things and someone who will lead.

Loved the parts about the academy, that age is just a number and stuff. Gives me hope that he is trying to speak to some of the younger lads. Gives me hope that he would actually give Dembele (for example) a proper chance.

As I said in the Dom thread, actions will speak louder than words on this one. But it is a fair introduction from him.
    Will see what sort of man he really is when he gets here and what he actually pushes the club forward with.

I dare say, as * poor as the A-League and J-League are (sorry guys, the standard is *, SPFL is not great either, but lets not pretend anything else), they will surely be filled with a lot more modern takes on the game, from coaching, development, infrastructure etc and that Ange will surely be the guy who would insist on this stuff being properly implemneneted here.

He surely won't do a Lennon and be caught out thinking all his dream jobs had came at once and he can take a back seat thinking haudit and daudit will do the job for him.

I don't think he is going to have the sway that Rodgers had, not at all. He will not be able to entice the calibre of players that he did. But I reckon there could be something in him to at least force the club to behave like a modern club again. nd from there both the club and Ange can build on each other.

It's either going to end before the season finishes, with Ange leaving in a rage at the lack of ambition of the board - or it's going to see both him and the club at a upwards turning point in our respective history.

Very easy to say that, very obvious, but he doesn't come across as a guy who will simple stand by and accept his pay cheque.

The big Viduka and trackebhoy like this.
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Cant be any worse than last season... hopefully clean the decks now, Christie, Griff and Ajeti would be a good start..

Looking forward to seeing the standard of player he targets and if the board suport him.. needs to start from the back..

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd keep ajeti. If he can kick his * and get fit he has a knack of scoring. I'd actively be looking for a new no1 though. Ajeti is good enough after our champions league games when the rest are tired from #angeball and smashing barca 8-0

thailandceltic and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I could be wrong on this and I know I'm in the minority of Celtic fans thoughts on Ajeti but the way Ange seems to play could suit him to a tee. It's basically exactly how Basel played when he was tearing it up.

Ball playing CBs, full backs bombing forward, 2 wide men, Turnbull sitting in the 10.

That sounds like a recipe for plenty balls going into the box for Ajeti to attack (his strength) and not the illogical back-to-goal or running channels game that Lennon & Kennedy were asking him to do.

8. StevieBhoooy!

I suppose as fans we now have to accept this.... he’s here... but there is no excuse for not either getting rid of dumb & dumber ... or banishing them to the bowels of the club so that their faces are never seen during a first team match again.

9. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We have to support this guy from the off as its going to be difficult enough for him with half the team going . As for the board they can fk right off .
    Hope he brings his own backroom staff in so Kennedy and Strachan are nowhere near the first team

bagforlife, trackebhoy and Hydrobhoy like this.
  10. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Can’t wait to see the home grown talent

good grief

any way welcome aboard

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Feel like I'm living in a bill n ted movie. All these Australians are convincing me hes the greatest ever that we'll be waving flags for, for the next millennium. Game changing coach. I like the happy vibes so im aboard. Better get back to work. 30 mins left :56:

VT8 and Rendog like this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    At this point supporters have no option but to give this guy a chance, he'll be under the microscope and scrutinised by fans and the Media from the off.

It's a massive risk and not the response many had anticipated off the back of last season's nightmare, on the face of it it looks desperate and without logic, time will tell.

Sgt Neppers* and Hammy89 like this.
  13. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I'm buzzing tbh, comes across really well in the interview and seems to have a clear vision on how he is planning to take the club forward with regards to the style of football he wants to play, getting involved with the academy and helping players find thier potential.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    :43::blahblah1

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Good to see you being a bit more positive :giggle1:

Peej likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Ajeti will basically be a new signing. Going to be a completely different player.

thailandceltic and littlekennie like this.
  18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As a bare minimum i would at least expect the guy to talk a good game, but thought he did come across well.

19. leeso-ardoyne

Welcome to Glasgow Celtic big Ange! His name sounds like some big woman who would knock * out of you if you came home with the wages drank onna Friday. I'm very optimistic about this one. Will we run riot next season, no I don't think so but I definitely think he's going to bring big changes from last season plus were going to see some new faces that where unheard off but will turn out to be crackers. All this doom and gloom around him getting appointed is just wasted energy. It's time to focus on the positives for the coming season and get this title back. Gerard already talking about trebles! That'll come back to haunt him when he's won * all next season. I'm going for us for the league and Scottish cup and a smaller team for the league cup!

McKagan and Hydrobhoy like this.
  20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

The ignore button is a wonderful thing mate :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.