1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I used to watch takishis castle religiously after a night out

2. ddub11

Always found that strange.

Noskeil likes this.
  3. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    You are allowed to apply for jobs, most usually sent by the managers agent. As soon as NL was sacked I’m guessing the emails were flying in.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Great programme :56:

jj81 and Noskeil like this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

* me that applause sounds like a cricket crowd at Lords. :87:

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Where we should be ???? Suspect comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    To be fair I've seen that same thing happen on a Saturday night in Paisley town center.

8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I can’t wait to hear the applause we give him after Martin Boyle equalises in the 92nd minute against Ross County at Celtic Park that consolidates 4th place. :yeah:

9. murphy88

It’s not the same as losing a one off cup game. As long as we win a tie over two legs, I couldn’t really care less if we lose one of the legs, it’s forgotten about.

10. Sgt Neppers*

This while episode is surreal and bizarre. Can't quite get my head around it all. Looks like Tony Soprano...out for a duck!!!

packybhoy and paulie walnuts like this.
  11. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    It’s a lot better than he’ll get here if we get put out the cup by a 4th tier team.

packybhoy, JML67 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  12. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Any news on what's happening with the coaching badges?

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC hope to appoint Ange Postecoglou within 48 hours — after he waved goodbye to Japan with a defeat.

The Aussie’s final game with Yokohama F Marinos ended in a humiliating cup KO to fourth-tier Honda FC.

Postecoglou’s side lost out on penalties after a 2-2 draw as he brought the curtain down on his three-year reign.

The 55-year-old then said an emotional goodbye to Marinos fans.

Celtic have sorted compensation with the Japanese outfit, while personal terms have also been agreed with Postecoglou.

The experienced Aussie coach is now expected to begin the long journey, with a formal announcement imminent

Celtic are liaising with Uefa in a bid to overcome issues with Postecoglou’s coaching badges, but a solution should be found.

However, with Hoops stars due to report for pre-season on June 17 — it’s clear the Australian gaffer won’t be there to take charge.

Postecoglou will have to quarantine upon his arrival in the UK from Japan, and could even head straight for Wales, where Celtic will have a training camp.

Current first-team coaches John Kennedy and Gavin Strachan are set to lead the early days of pre-season.

Postecoglou is expected to make additions to his backroom staff in the coming weeks as he settles into the job.

But he will also need the knowledge and experience of Kennedy in particular as he gets to grips with Scottish football.

Celtic almost require a complete squad rebuild and have limited time — with the Champions League qualifiers starting in six weeks.

Postecoglou is likely to spend much of his quarantine assessing potential transfer targets for the new campaign

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * 48 hours now, how many times do they change the deadline :56:

Peej, Artorias and SuperZidane like this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

ImminentAnnouncementCSC

HTG and SuperZidane like this.
  16. anthony valletta

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom rogic
    why dont we start looking at this appointment a little differently..... if we keep hiring the same old boring types (rogers excluded) we will get the same results, yes we will win the SPL most of the time but Eurpoean football is where we want to excel. ive done a tonne load of research on this guy... his style, football phylosophy the way he handles the media, the way he rebuilds a squad and he seems to be a quite impressive human. maybe the board think that taking this guy on will take us to the next level as this is what he seems to do wherever he goes. as daft as the management of this club seems to have been lately they have obviously been recommended this bloke as someone who can really turn things around for us, i say lets really get behind him and judge him after his first year as going by his past thats when things will start to click. from what i can see he is a different level manager and every single person... player- fan- coaching staff- club administration- that have worked under him all say he is different level. i was reading something the other day about what some of the players say about his motivational speeches and they all said he is without doubt the best at that (thats half the battle these days). FFS he took the challenge of going to a league where he doesnt speak the language to a team with the tenth lowest budget who hadnt won the league for fifteen years and won them the league!! do you really think Howe would have had the balls to do that and then to win the league on top of that?? and to say that Japanese football is * is pure ignorance on our behalf, didnt they make the quarter finals in the last world cup and were up 2-0 against Belgium and lost it in the last 20 minutes.... i dont see our beloved Scottland making the QF's of a WC. lets get behind him

The big Viduka likes this.
  17. SuperZidane

Be fair - it's only been over 15 weeks since Lennon went - we don't want to rush into an appointment :31:

Wee Baldy and crazy-horse1977 like this.
  18. McKagan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ralston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go home ya huns
    :eek1:

paulie walnuts likes this.
  19. SuperZidane

I'm not excited but I'm prepared to give him a chance (the caveat being Muscat- that's my personal line in the sand). I think the last line of this article about transfer targets is key.

I think we'll be able to have an idea where Ange/Celtic are going based on the first 3 -4 players he brings in.

If they are "prospects" from the A or J league, that's a worry.

I know people will point to Tam Rogic and/or Nakamura and they were great buys.

However, if the majority of signings are from these leagues - it smacks of downsizing and trying to cut the wage bill.

If that's the case - I can only see it ending badly.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Six weeks until the qualifiers:giggle1: