1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Expectations for next season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jun 8, 2021.

Discuss Expectations for next season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. saltire78

People are judging the new guy Vs Rodgers in terms of improvement, I'm pretty sure if he's just able to get the players fit and any way organised at all that we'll be competing for the title - these seemingly simple, basic competencies were all we needed this year but Lenny screwed the pooch.

I'm not expecting him to be brilliant, but I've seen nothing to suggest he can't turn out a competent and organised team. I think we'll scrape the league, or lose out narrowly. * all in it either way. I expect * all in Europe - too soon after too many delays getting set. Cups will depend on the draws, but I'd imagine a couple of rounds in League Cup and near to final/possible win in Scottish Cup.

Edit: oh, and every hack and media pundit to jump on every chance to slate us/new guy for every thing they can in an effort to disrupt us

2. oh bhoy

expecting ange to be sacked before christmas ( though after lennon ,who the * knows) and it wont even be his fault but he will take the fall for a clueless board.
    the thought struck me when i was trying to think of some positives, where the * are the goals gonna come from with eddy,elyounoussi and christie all sure to be gone . expecting this board to go out and get two strikers capable of hitting 20 each to replace eddy and moi 's contribution which ultimately wasnt good enough ,is far fetched .
    sure turnbull and forrest will wade in with some goals but thats our only goal threat. the defence is a shambles all to be addressed by someone who nobody in european football (3rd division greek side aside) would take a chance on.
    now i could be wrong and ange could be the second coming of the christ and this board will go out and get the players this team needs but its not likely

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  3. Al Bootyerbaws

I'm genuinely expecting another disaster of a season. This rebuild won't happen overnight. If we win a trophy or at least put up some sort of a fight it will be an improvement anyway.