1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

Many of us have made zero predictions... we just feel and know this is the wrong appointment.

Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and the Three Blind Mice can predict what’s coming.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. It's all so predictable..

Free the Adblock likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

I didn't watch the Yokohama match but did predict the result.

Players would have been totally scoobied that Ange was leaving.

And the more poisonous the atmos at Celtic, the more Ange will relish the challenge. Watch the * go!

4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I think that the board do this thing same as MP’s that we the masses don’t understand what’s happening or that we have no idea what’s going on in the world and we should just sit there like good boys and girls and be grateful that they are in charge

well actually we the fans are as knowledgeable if not more so on current managers and players around the world as they are what we don’t know is the inside information on contracts etc but when it comes to their professional careers and stats we know just as much as them we have fans all round the world who know and watch these people (admittedly the Aussies are in seventh heaven and think Ange is a class act and he may be) but to just ignore your life blood (fans) is arrogant and incompetent at best.

if and when Ange arrives he will get the same support any manager will get but he will also have the clock running on him to get results right from the start. I know you can’t guarantee success no mater who takes the chair but you can at least know with an established European manager that the players will respond in a positive manner. With an unknown such as Ange is to us half the players will ignore him especially if Kennedy and Strachan are still coaches which will undermine his authority we see it happening at clubs bigger than us, Moyes at Man Utd, Rodgers at Liverpool,

players seem to have the power in the modern era so it’s alright saying he will get rid of them all but he won’t be allowed to it’s impossible to get rid of them all and play youth we’re not some pastime club we’re * Celtic one of the biggest clubs in world football we only act like a part time club when it’s spending money.

it’s time to wake up and smell the coffee

The Prof likes this.
  5. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sorry to break it to you mate but big Declan has already signed for the sheep. Normally I wouldn't lose sleep over that information but I have this awful feeling we're going to end up bringing in much worse.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    People losing their * over a Japanese cup game:56:

Brendan Rodgers got beaten by Lincoln Red Gimps in a euro qualifying game..

It means absolutely * all..

Still a * appointment mind

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It doesn't take a crystal ball to see that a clueless board with a track record of making idiotic decisions, hiring a manager with a non-descript CV and whose team was just put out by a 4th division team, might spell trouble for us.

If we can't voice our concerns on the above on a Celtic forum, then what's the point of this website?

8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

From complete domination to hiring this guy and no doubt gifting the huns 4 or 5 titles and however much money.
    We have become a laughing stock with this nonsense.

9. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Exactly this is what this platform is designed for

CarmunnockBhoy likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You saying Ange can't motivate or focus his players?
    :88:

bhoy81 and Wee Baldy like this.
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Starting to think we judged the * who was creaming his pants over Callum Davidson too harshly.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We didn’t.

13. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I still think he will he be good here, and obviously hope that. No denying this result looks bad on him though, which is made worse when so many hadn't heard of him.
    Can't blame people for feeling a sense of impending doom.

Some hilarious chat/patter resulted from it at least.

14. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Far too much negativity in here.

They lost to a small club fair enough. We've lost to Clyde in the past, Inverness, Lincoln red imps, Bratislava and so on. It happens. Big upsets happen.

The manager is leaving and the players know that, a lot of the team were rested and honda are the biggest * side who have won their league and finished in a promotion spot for the last 8 years in a row or something. They regularly best bigger sides. The reason they don't play in the top league is because they don't want to give up their association to Honda which is a requirement.

He might be a * appointment it's very possible it doesn't work out but so many people need to just be willing to give him a chance. I'm very positive about this appointment and excited. He's won everywhere he has managed and been successful in promoting youth and playing an exciting brand of football.

I think it's too rash and more than likely not well researched to just say he'll be * or this is a horrible appointment.

Maybe I'm just to much of an optimist.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Absolutely have but we’re dicks and direct it towards anycunt rather than who’s to actually blame. We should be doing everything we can to get Desmond to *.

Peej likes this.
  16. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't really care about the cup loss, their manager was leaving and heads were down.

At this point in time there is no right or wrong appointment, only appointments that were made too late. Any manager coming in now will or would struggle. I'll back this guy, he's the manager so I want him to do well. There is an argument that if it does go well Celtic will just stay cheap but if it goes * up and Rangers get guaranteed CL football next year we are * for a long time.

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    * me, we have really taken an almighty fecking fall from where we once where a few years back. Winning leagues, gubbing the huns on a regular basis, qualifying for the Champions League and beating the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona etc. and attracting quality managers like MON and Rodgers. Now we are sitting waiting for a manager who manages in Japan and whose team have just been knocked out of a domestic cup by a non league team. Just fecking wonderful

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  18. Scubaroo

This isn't the place to talk sense.

crazy-horse1977 and Jordann like this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not allowed to judge him on the jobs he has had.
    Not allowed to judge him on the leagues he has managed in.
    Not allowed to judge him on PPG.
    Not allowed to judge him on win rates.
    Not allowed to judge him on an excessive squad size/use (ie, chopping and changing every game).
    Not allowed to judge him on specific results.

So, what are we allowed to judge him on?

bhoy81, The Phoenix, MJ9 and 5 others like this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah were not *. Fact is they are going on £80m in debt. Champions league won't clear that all while our debt free clubs about to rake on £40m for a rebuild. Thats more than there champions league campaign could make, if they make it.

Soon as were back in the stands the mood will clear, although I highly doubt that any time soon. The snp are about to put through the caronovirus powers law again for a further 6 months. So prepare for next spring.