1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

Not even an opinion any more.
    You MUST know that the moment you renewed, you are the problem. For whatever reason someone justifies it to themselves (and honestly I can sympathise with some of them), they know they are the reason this * continues.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's these practices that brought us Bayo and Shved, despite the incumbent manager or scout not wanting either.

It's those practices that I hoped we would be departing from going forward, knowing it's part of our calamitous collapse.

There's nothing wrong with exploiting loopholes in contracts or finding out who wants to move but that should come after we've whittled it down to a small shortlist.

The way we do business is embarrassing and even after the big slice of humble pie served last season to the board, the egos look no smaller. I've given up most hope for winning the League next season, I think our biggest target right now is winning our club back off these vermin.

3. murphy88

Aye. This board have * me off plenty in the past, but never to the point where I have ever considered giving up my season ticket. Now though, it is a no brainer in my opinion. They cannot be allowed to get away with what they have put us through and the way they have treated us. Cut off the supply of money to them, it is the only option left now.

crazy-horse1977, martin_d and Peej like this.
  4. StevieBhoooy!

Muscat ?!?£&#%€

No

no.. I’m just not having that .

No. Absolutely no...

bad enough having this ‘nomark’ from down-under foisted upon us.... but bringing in some filthy animal ex-Hun is just not acceptable. I don’t care what he might bring to the coaching side... just don’t give any of them work permits.

Im assuming the ST sales have breached any theoretical Maginot line that might have been a financial hindrance and the board have just gone full ‘fuckem’....

If my interest in the upcoming season wasn’t at an all time low... it’s just found new depths. Oh! And we probably get to keep Dumb & Dumber as well!

☘️ Well done celtic ☘️

5. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    OK cut of the money, board goes "they have cut off the money let's go there's nothing to stay for" what happens next in your dreams

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Your alternative is to keep feeding them?

The point would be to starve these greedy * of the only thing they care about.

They either take the hint and * off, or take the hint and do the right thing by the fans.

7. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    But that is not guaranteed, maybe highly likely but not guaranteed.

However, I still think it's a perfect time. Part of deilas "failings" for me were the players not buying into his philosophy fully and they were all players who'd been there for a while and some still here.

If you come in at this time, where it's mainly a new squad, it is likely to be more successful with buy in from the squad as signings will know what they are signing up for. The minority that are left will either buy in or leave.

Yeah from a CL perspective it's not ideal but I'd rather we take a risk now and try something new whilst were in this transition phase.

8. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Daily Record Editor, have a look on social media find out what celtic supporters are talking about and don't like, OK boss, don't like Kennedy and Co staying, don't want a ex hun coming as coach, OK run those two stories, stop believing everything you read ffs

marty89 likes this.
  9. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    What would be the right thing to do

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Well done in offering no option then to fixing the issues our club faces.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  11. RiquelmeCSC

Can you imagine if an ex-Celt was being linked as a number 2 at the huns. We would be pishing ourselves! The board have turned us into a laughing stock of epic proportions.

12. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’m quite happy for muscat to come in, means ange is actually getting to pick his back room team. Advocating against muscat is essentially advocating for the board to step in and appoint the back room team for him.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Or advocating that Ange takes a moment to understand the club basics of who our rivals are and not being one of them with him.

I'm sure he has worked with plenty of other coaches in his career.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

RiquelmeCSC likes this.
  14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Give me joy - in my heart - Postecoglou

:party22:

Artorias likes this.
  15. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I don't pretend to think I can fix the problem, like in the 90s I just had to go with it and enjoyed the good times of the 00's, 37 trophies since 2000 isn't bad, I can't see into the future so I'll just go along with it and keep supporting Celtic who knows he might come in and do a good job given half a chance, Wim who, Who Larsson, Lubo who have been a few of my favourite headlines over the years

Mickmac likes this.
  16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Hi lads. I have been reading the comments and wondering what coach you guys realistically want at Celtic. I believe you want Celtic to be successful domestically and in Europe. You also do not want to play in Europe and get knocked out in the first round by some non-descript eastern European team you have never heard of before. Realistically, and given the state the club is in at present regarding playing staff and the Eddie Howe debacle, even success at Europa League level will be a stretch, let alone Champions League. The last thing you want to hear is Rangers ridicule.

Celtic needs a different mind set to succeed in European modern football because the margins to success are getting narrower in terms of which teams are becoming powerhouse clubs in Europe. Red Bull Leipzig FC, Basel FC, FC Rubin Kazan come to mind and there are others as well.

So, what type of club do you want ? What type of coach do you want ? Celtic should have hired the vastly experienced Roy Hodgson 20 years ago if they wanted success in Europe. His successes in Europe were incredible for a British coach working on the continent.

Say who you prefer as coach please. Who has the credentials to be a success with Celtic abroad ? Eddie Howe ? Sam Alladyce ? Ross ? Hopefully the coach can speak English and communicate with the players and staff, that would be good. Celtic need an experienced, professional coach who has played his teams around the world, coached at both club and national level, and has been exposed to football from other countries as well.

You can not have Bielsa, he is taken. You can have Postecoglou.

17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    They will run a mile when the money is not there. DD will sell us faster than a blink of an eye.

Peej likes this.
  18. StevieBhoooy!

Fuxxake...not him as well !

Artorias and Liam Scales like this.
  19. davidhannah

The fans that renewed were lied to. Their loyalty in turn keeps ticket prices at rip off rates. Live streams that cost £600 all season long, per ticket per household. The jolly up in Dubai and bringing the plague back with them. The quaretines and prosponed matches from Bolingoli jetting off to sleep with a high class prostitute.

This is Glasgow, not London. If the fans can't afford the tickets then it's all the posh twats of the city, those with money, that pay the prices. They've tried to ethnically cleanse Parkhead of politics, and our identity. It was a few years ago against Rosenborg at Celtic Park the Green Brigade were banned by the club.

I stood up in the North Stand with all of the Prawn Sandwiches, after a few Buckies and shouted the words of the Broad Black Brimmer in protest. They were groans of disgust all around.

Under Postecoglou, Celtic are done. Finished.

Mystic Penguin and SwissCelt like this.
  20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aw absolutely mate, just don’t think using your contacts is nepotistic. We should be using everything we have.

Seán Mac D likes this.