1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dermot Desmond

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by TheHappyLoss, Feb 27, 2016.

Discuss Dermot Desmond in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    He's an arrogant, egg headed, twisty moustachioed, * nugget who has been using our club like it's * Championship Manager 01/02, picking up the laptop and playing for 45 minutes before dinner, then getting wankered on John Powers and passing out, mid stroke inside his maid.

His last "interview", was a * disgrace.

He needs chased out, along with his Tory Bhoy board and any other * golf buddy he has lined up for a CV boost and a quick cheque.

Pure *.

2. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He'll be driving his hands eyeing up one of those 6 slots in epl he'll have us at league 1

seanm likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Did the bookies pay out on the new manager 10 games or something thing for Kennedy?

5. seanm

HH

6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    It's ironic isn't? This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes can wave banners criticising the lack of a manager all they like. But if I were to have them killed, I'd be the one that would go to jail. That's democracy for you!

joemc and Mystic Penguin like this.
  7. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Barry White of the Business Post on DD:

When I rang him last week, he made it abundantly clear within seconds that he was not inclined to even entertain the questions, let alone answer them.

When I asked him if he had a few minutes to talk about the club he replied with a flat ‘“No”, adding: “I’m not going to talk about Celtic.”

When I asked him why, he answered with another question: “Why do I need to talk about Celtic?”

He didn’t, of course, but I explained it would be helpful if he did. I proposed to ask a question that would set out the broad aim of the piece, and in particular the idea of how a period of transition can bedevil even the biggest clubs.

He stopped me short, saying: “Okay, I’ll ask you a question to see whether you’re qualified to ask me questions.”

His first was: how many trophies have Celtic won in the last 20 years?

I knew there were 16 league titles, but I had to concede that off the top of my head I couldn’t say how many other cups they might have won. (It’s 37 if you include the Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup, incidentally.)

He went on: “When did I first take a shareholding in Celtic?”

I answered 1994, which is of course wrong. It was 1995.

“When did I become the largest shareholder in Celtic?”

I answered 1998; it was 1999.

I also fluffed the question of when Peter Lawwell first became chief executive and, by this stage, it was clear that Desmond had enough information to come to his own conclusions.

“You’ve failed the test,” he said. “You have to know enough about Celtic to talk to me about Celtic. I’m not a great fan of journalists, as you well know.” He then reminded me that “if there’s anything that’s litigious, I will certainly get my lawyers onto it”.

I tried to explain that I wasn’t trying to ascertain specific facts but, rather, to discover his perspective on Celtic. My plea fell on deaf ears.

Desmond told me that if he had anything to say about Celtic he would put it in the Celtic View, the club’s official magazine, or the Athletic, although he added that “it’s unlikely the Athletic will get it from me again”.

“There’s so many people interested in finding out my views on so many things, so join the queue,” he said. “And you’re a long way down the queue.”

The ego on the man :sicksmile

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Don't anyone dare question the mighty Dermot.. *

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Any Celtic fan is qualified to ask him questions, simply based on the fact Celtic is in our interests too.

Peej and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Astonishing arrogance..

I'd love to rip that tash clean off the cheeky bawbag *..

Peej likes this.
  11. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

If you read the feature piece, it's pretty clear the journo in question (from a weekly Irish business paper) is not a Celtic fan and probably not even a football fan. He has no grasp of what's going on, relying on some hack from Scottish S*n to fill the article with quotes. I'd have told this guy to get to * anaw.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ignore the mess we are in and just dine out on past glory's, very good.

Double Dutch likes this.
  13. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Oh "managerial crisis". That's one of those annoying buzzwords. We prefer to call it an unrequested surplus of dugout seats.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Whilst getting rid of Lawwell was a good start, for us to truly rebuild this * needs to leave soon, even if we're successful this year, clear he's holding us back.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He did it in one of his last interviews as well though where he talked about our success before this season as some sort of excuse for what's gone on since..

He's an utter *..

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Totally, I'm not disputing that at all.

Just in this instance, some * chancing his arm for an exclusive when he knows absolutely * all about Celtic or football in general. He writes for the Sunday Business Post. His piece is *, claims fans were chanting 'sack the team, sack the board' at protests. The piece is a series of quotes from a guy from the Scottish Sun

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. joemc

I have to say I love this , it reminds me of when the woman in your life just wants drama or an argument to blow off steam and everything all good after and the guy not entering into the fight no matter how hard she tries , so we are the angry woman loosing our * cauz we want answers metaphorically speaking , you can kinda understand his answer right , imagine the scenario, you've took your family on holiday every year for 20 year they always had a great time every time , but this year you fukd it and shes gonna let you know it now for the rest of your miserable life lol .

18. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Think we’re in a pretty dangerous position if the only way anyone can get information from the man in charge of the club is if you’re a fan first tbh. He’s surrounded himself with his pals and various other yes men for years and that’s why we’re in the position we’re in. This was another opportunity for him to take some accountability for his mess, think it says volumes about him that he chose to go on some ego trip instead

19. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair, id chase the journo's as well in DD's position. They've nearly always got their own wee narrative they're trying to sell.

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’s not about being a fan. It’s about being educated on your subject matter for one. He’s not a sports journo, he’s not a football journo.

His go to for some background on the story is a S*n journalist. His article contains a number of references to Conor McGregor buying the shareholding off Desmond, sensationalist at best.

My point is, I don’t begrudge him telling this guy to get *.