1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Yeah he's the guy who takes all the credit if it goes well but it wasn't his fault if it goes wrong.

It's embarrassing, I'd respect him more if he said that everything went wrong and he made mistakes. Instead he blames the fans.

Noskeil likes this.
  2. murphy88

What a deluded clown. Can’t stand the *.

RogicHasMagicToes and AdamRS like this.
  3. Al Bootyerbaws

If I was Lennon I'd be too embarassed to give interviews about how last season went. Even talking about it with my pals gives me the dry boke.

4. murphy88

You would think he had all the success that Rodgers did the way he talks.

He is a football dinosaur as well. Literally every single player went backwards under his tenure. He would be better just keeping his big gub shut.

Artorias likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes obviously got a wee team of enablers around him that have been massaging his ego for years

6. Yoshi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Andreas Thom
    Full of * and has been for a long time.

Mind he hit the deck holding his face when a coin clearly hit his chest when managing Hibs.

He is an attention seeking *

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Hes a complete narcissist.

Remember the other month when he said Leicester was the happiest time of his career as well.

Hes in complete denial and spiralling out of control. I find it hard to feel sorry for him now. The cheek of him to go against the support knowing fine well the mess he made of last season AND how many times we've stood behind him during the hard times.

"I" beat lazio ffs. Aye and then got cunted out by the weakest team left in the competition. You can really see why the players hate him.

He can * right off tbh. Would rather see Rodgers back than him now and I truly mean that.

8. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown

Last edited: Jun 16, 2023
    Artorias likes this.
  9. Sgt Neppers*

No one in their right mind will employ him as a manager now. He's outdated, arrogant and * poor as a coach. These interviews mark the final nail in his managerial career. But he'll put this down to everyone else being responsible for that.....oh and Covid as well.
    * parasitical shyster.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Will be dying to put the boot into Ange like he did with Ronnie.

11. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    That’s always been a * trait of his.

Complete lack of grace to denigrate your successor’s work, without realising that the reason they might be struggling is that you let standards at the club slip so * far.

Deila lost guys like Brown, Mulgrew and Commons because they didn’t like the diet plans and sports science etc that he wanted to implement as they were used to the archaic ‘do what you like’ approach of the first Lenny regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    To be fair Deilas diet plan was absolutely * mental almost on the edge of Keto which will never work at a high sporting level, treating carbohydrates like they are the antichrist will turn most top level athletes away. Never mind the fact Deila was also a poor manager.

Saying that totally agree on Lennon, has a severe lack of grace and all in all is just a bitter *.

Breathnach67 and King of Kings like this.
  13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

With his latest interview, Lennon has all but lost the little respect he still had. Failing to take responsibility and blaming supporters for wanting too much. Talks about a couple of good European wins but fails to mention even the defeats this season. Has left the Club and the Squad in a poor state but thinks he did a good job. In a couple of years he wont be remembered for the Manager that secured a fourth treble but the Manager who blew 10 in a row spectacularly regardless of a pandemic or not.

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    As much as I slated him last season, an apology and a bit of humility would’ve gone a long way.

He’s doubled down instead. Arrogant and deluded.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. Could have said the pressure, the strange working environment with covid all hindered and he apologises. Nope. Called us * instead.

Noskeil and King of Kings like this.
  16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lennon in the mirror before the interview.

Cena, Ciaran_67, Garrymac1888 and 5 others like this.
  17. SuperZidane

Exactly - he talks about the Ross County result as if it was an anomaly in the midst of a run of success - very selective.

I think the clincher for me was when he said "I've never managed in a pandemic before" at the AGM and then repeated it in another interview.

IMO he's a lousy pundit but, if he can make a living at it, he should stick to it.

JamesM09 likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can't argue with much that's been said over the last couple of pages. Stopped paying attention to his public comments when he continually contradicted himself this season. I can understand he wants to defend himself but he needs to realise that no one is swallowing what he's saying. Narcissism, delusion, deflection; all things he's guilty of with his most recent statements, along with a complete lack of acknowledgement of his major role in why things went wrong.

@James made a great point about how the 'new breed of fan' he was slating, were prepared to spend upwards of half a grand on * all this season, to support the club. Lennon's comments concerning the 'new breed of fan' were pathetic and cowardly, and one of the reasons I really don't care about the anger directed towards someone I used to have a lot of respect for.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  19. JamesM09

In my opinion it was the squad that won the Quadruple, not Neil Lennon.

I don't think at any time during his second spell I really felt that he was the one bringing success to the team. Every success seemed to be in spite of Lennon.

That might seem harsh and it might seem biased. To be fair with the way he's treated us it's difficult to discard bias so that might be a valid criticism.

But honestly when you look back, every time there was some success on the pitch like a goal, Neil Lennon looked like a fan in the stands just delighted that his team scored. He never looked like the one in control. Likewise when things weren't going well, did he look like a contributor or a passenger?

I know the mental image that popped in your head. I bet it's Lennon sitting in the dugout, raging expression on his face with his arms folded. Do you know what that looks like? A passenger. A supporter sitting raging in the stands watching dugshite performances they can do nothing about.

He is a poor manager that got extremely lucky. He owes the Celtic support his entire managerial career but he thinks it's the other way round. He'll do nothing else in football except perhaps take on an SPFL team in a bid to upset Celtic and get one over the fans he's come to hate so much.

A typical narcissistic millionaire footballer. We move on without him in our support.

Free the Adblock and The Phoenix like this.
  20. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Appears he's doing the rounds trying to save his face. Done an interview with Radio Scotland which will be aired next week.

I would assume more of the same. No accountability for his inability.