1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I think I’m what you would probably call one of the KTF brigade. * knows what these fans are that can’t see or hear any criticism of the custodians of the club, past or present. Thankfully I don’t use it anymore but Celtic Facebook pages are like a different world to Celtic forums.

littlekennie and JC Anton like this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s the footballing version of Deontay Wilder. A deluded fool. Everycunt else’s fault.

Wilder at least he’s the excuse of getting punched in the head for a living.

4. cammy07

He's an arrogant, delusional *. That interview says it all and he'll be in for a surprise when he finds out quite how unpopular he is. Says it all that Rodgers would be welcomed back more fondly than this * and that should never have been the case.

Him and the board he's so keen to stick up for were a cancer on the club and have genuinely set us back years.

5. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I was waiting for > remember Barca eh eh eh that wis me

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

DonnyCelt likes this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Nah it's these Uber tims who can't hear a bad word said about anything or anyone connected to the club and just accepted whatever * they get served up

littlekennie likes this.
  7. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    He is right we are deluded were deluded with what has happened to the club since he came in, were deluded to why an unbeatable team (domestic) was getting beat regularly, were deluded to a lot of things but that doesn't change the failures of his stewardship and for him to point blame shows how weak of a manager he is

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    And we got it in the neck when protesting about the poor state of the club. A sense of entitlement and the likes.

I'm not going to go back over last season. Almost every team in football had issues with Covid and the effects surrounding them. Only Neil Lennon and the Celtic board continue to use it as an excuse to mask their failures.

Neil Lennon refuses to take responsibility or admit any accountability. I don't hold him entirely responsible but he was a big part of the problem. Hes only 2nd on the list to those who put him in the job.

I think its best that Neil Lennon does pursue a career in England because I don't see him getting a look in at the level he sees himself in. And I would think he should consider staying away from Celtic Park for a while, because his answer in the paper today, he shat upon many of those who stood by him as player and a manager. And continues to go after other fans with different platforms, all this done behind the scences.

No interest in anything else he has to say, until he acknowledges his part in all this.

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic boss Neil Lennon could be done with Scottish football for good, as believes he's "exhausted" all his options north of the border.

Despite spending much of the last two decades in Glasgow, and time in Edinburgh with Hibs, Lennon admits there will be few open doors to him in Scotland now.

Lennon left Celtic in February as the club's Ten-in-a-Row season collapsed.

The ex- Hoops gaffer is open to a job on the continent or in the USA, according to The Times.

Another former Celts boss, Ronny Deila, is currently managing in the States with New York City FC.

Lennon's former Northern Ireland teammate Steve Morrow previously coached in the MLS, as did countryman Collin Clarke.

Mo Johnston, Owen Coyle and Steve Nicol have also held managerial roles across the water.

Lennon told The Times: “I’ve had a brilliant time in Glasgow but I want a new challenge. I’ve been a mainstay in Scottish football for a long time, since 2000 really. I’ve had an amazing time. Very, very successful, but it’s exhausted my avenues in Scotland now I think.

I’ll be looking for something to stimulate me again. I’m at an interesting point in life, coming up to that marker and then there is another new life ahead.”

Lennon said he thinks "punditry is easy" but that it doesn't replace the excitement of being on the touchline.

He added: “I think punditry is easy. You can do a bit of research, go and speak to people, and then just go and watch the game and then give a balanced opinion on how you see the game. I’ve done punditry at the Euros and at the World Cup and I really enjoy it. I love it. But it doesn’t replace the adrenaline rush of managing.”

In the meantime, the 49-year-old will write a column for The Times for Euro 2020.

Lennon believes it will give him the opportunity to showcase his footballing knowledge.

And says he is determined to disprove the idea that he is a "dinosaur" in football terms.

Lennon said: “I am very much looking forward to it, it fascinates me.

One, I enjoy it. Two, I am being asked to do these things because people value my thoughts and opinions which is quite flattering. And three, maybe it puts you into people’s minds and people start going ‘actually he’s all right, or at least he’s not as a bad, not as evil as I thought he was’.

“I have been working on the PR side of things just so people can get a better balanced view of who I am and what my thoughts on the game are.

“People say ‘he’s not that good’ or ‘he’s a dinosaur’. A dinosaur at 49 is strange. Eighteen months ago I beat Lazio in Rome, the first Celtic manager to do that. It’s about changing the public’s perception but then again it’s not really their perception I want to change it’s the owner, chairman or chief executive of a club.”

“It’s just absolute nonsense. I’d just won a treble so if I’m a dinosaur what does that make all the rest? It’s not like we played route one football. We were flexible with changes, we could play a diamond or a back three or 4-3-3, I had young coaches like John Kennedy, Damien Duff and Gavin Strachan who were very forward thinking and our coaching methods were all geared for the modern player. It’s just a throwaway remark that is just completely untrue.”

10. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I think he's exhausted his options everywhere.

SuperZidane, Sgt Neppers* and cas79 like this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He wants to manage in the USA?

I heard Taco Bell are looking for a manager.

SuperZidane and The Phoenix like this.
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Also he’s been working on the PR side of things? How’s that working out for you Neil while you attack the very supporters who paid your wages, idolised you for years and stood shoulder to shoulder with you when you were being abused verbally and physically by huns and every lickspittle with a crayon?

If that is learning PR I suggest you get a better teacher.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He is truly fooling himself if he believe he has exhausted his options in Scotland because of his success.

Neil, you've exhausted your options because you have proven you are a complete and utterly inept manager.
    We won't (shouldn't) take him back, the huns clearly wouldn't.
    Hibs wouldn't touch him, neither would Hearts.
    The sheep would tell him to bolt...after that he is scrapping and knows it. He also knows he will be knocked back from a few if he tried.

* off to the MLS if you want. You'll be 100% found out within weeks if he went over there.
    Not for a moment will they employ him and let him stick around with the way he deals with diet, fitness, coaching and development....you know fundamentals of the game.

14. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Just sounds like a bitter twisted old man now.

seanm likes this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Blaming the fans when the fans having been in the stadium for a year.

The *’s also claiming he hardly drinks now and lives a healthy lifestyle :giggle1:

The Phoenix and seanm like this.
  16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He was probably pished during the article.

My advice to him would be....go sink another 20 pints .

The Phoenix, littlekennie and seanm like this.
  17. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    A guy we defended like no other has turned against us bcoz he's not prepared to take any of the blame for his part in our collapse. I'll never hate Neil Lennon but he needs a big mirror to look at the biggest reason why 10 was *

seanm and Seán Mac D like this.
  18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    What a self entitled wee man. I don’t even know where to start with both articles. Just disappear into the wilderness, bitter articles and interviews won’t get you a job. You get them on merit, thus far your managerial credentials……….. lack. Lost the board at Bolton, lost the changing rooms at Hibs, lost the fans first time at Celtic, then lost both the fans and the plot the second time. There is a toxicity within Celtic and the fans right now, unfortunately you were one of them issues, the other is the board and the owner. We managed to get rid of one anchor, 2 more to go.

Artorias, cat123, Montero and 2 others like this.
  19. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Apparently he's fell out with John Hartson because big Hartson had the balls to tell him that it wasn't good enough to be 21 points behind Sevco in our 10 in a row season.

The guy is delusional if he thinks he could * the job so much and no one would say anything.

Noskeil likes this.
  20. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    But there was mitigated circumstances to blame there! Couldn’t be Lennon's fault. :84:

cat123 likes this.