1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

You been reading the red tops again

:fear:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    :56: nope, twitter, just as bad

James likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yep. Which tells us we're/he's doomed from the off, despite how good or no a coach he is..

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Won't change until Desmond is gone alongside Lawwell. Hopefully, if he's appointed, we're miles off it and he's a miracle worker, but let's be honest, I think the best we're hoping for this season is that the huns don't qualify for the CL this summer.

Them auto-qualifying next year is bad, but I think we could recover, but trying to catch them with 2 years worth of CL money would hurt, * I * despise our board.

James Mc and McChiellini.. like this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

There’s still 25 minutes.... :34:

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No where he's been posting from, the moon :giggle1:

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    His Ben Davies bullshit is proof of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. RockhardBoss

Having had a look into it, Muscat had a similar issue but got through it with less CV credentials but quite a wait for clearance.
    I think we should prepare for a Kennedy run at the qualifiers.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’ll rule it out for you. It’s not going to happen.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What strikes me also is this news coming out late Fri night. Is that not the "bury bad news that we have to release" time frame?

11. Mr Cleansheets

Responding to a post a few pages back that I couldn't be arsed going back to find...

Regarding players who turned down other clubs to stay at Celtic... Rogic turned down Arsenal a few seasons back when Wenger wanted him. I understand he didn't fancy fighting for his place at Arsenal, which is kinda ironic given how hard he has to fight for his place at Celtic.

And just because Rogic was a key player under Ange in the NT doesn't mean he'll get any favours now.. In fact, with Ange's reputation for clearing out squads when he comes aboard, Rogic's days may be numbered. I doubt whether he has the legs to play Ange's system although could be dangerous coming on late against tiring defences.

12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

With Celtic and Rangers it doesn’t matter what time it will always get the same coverage. We have been prone to late night media leaks this year so I’m not surprised.

Artorias likes this.
  13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hey, if it's any consolation Spurs have just went from potentially appointing Conte to Scott Parker, so we're not alone :56:

TheHappyLoss and VT8 like this.
  14. VT8

Smart move by Conte :lol:

15. Mr Cleansheets

Some Australians Ange could realistically bring in at short notice:

Mat Ryan - on loan to Arsenal from Brighton and probably about to sign for Arsenal. Boyhood Arsenal fan so will be living the dream, but is far from displacing Bernd Leno. Very good keeper and currently the Oz number 1 - could be tempted north with the promise of first team status. Was first selected for NT by Ange.

Matt Leckie - contract up at Hertha Berlin - left footer, very fast and versatile, can play wing back, winger or even striker. Ange could definitely play him as a wide defender who gets forward with crosses - great motor. No need for a transfer fee, I think.

Riley McGree - on loan to Birmingham City from a MLS franchise. Probably wouldn't cost a lot but really excellent player. 22yo, plays number 10 or wide, fast, aggressive and super creative. Came runner up a couple of years ago in the Puskas award for best goal of the year (in the world). RILEY MCGREE | FIFA Puskas Award 2018 Nominee - Bing video

Kenny Dougall - currently at Blackpool and was a big part of why they were promoted to the Championship. Number 6 but scored two goals in the playoff final. Just made his NT debut and was very impressive.

Rhyan Grant - right back at Sydney FC but known to want a Euro opportunity. Lots of experience in the NT and another with a fabulous motor - box to box fullback. Scores and makes goals while also being a strong defender.

There's plenty more but off the top of my head, these would be comparatively inexpensive and not too hard to lure to Celtic (esp if Ange is the boss). They will already know his system so it would really help having guys in the squad that already know what is expected.

The_Bhoy and The big Viduka like this.
  16. Mr Cleansheets

Another (and I hate myself for saying it) is Ruon Tongyik - 24 yo CB who's just been picked for the NT on the strength of a breakout season for my own local club (Central Coast Mariners - where Rogic came from). Very strong defender and plays forward passes very well - can carry the ball forward also. Would be a sensation at Celtic - genuine star of the future.

SteveyNico67 and The big Viduka like this.
  17. Mr Cleansheets

While I'm on the subject, it seems Celtic has a bit a relationship with the City Football Group, so maybe anyone in that set-up could be loaned. Just looking at Melbourne City (who've streeted the A-League this year) - there's any number good enough for Celtic. In particular, if I were Ange, I'd be looking at Curtis Good (outstanding CB); Connor Metcalfe (plays 8 or 10 - don't know his work permit status) and Jamie MacLaren. Good and MacLaren have both played in the UK before. MacLaren's won three golden boots in the A-League but this year has gone to a new level. He's always had pace and a good sense of where to be but this year his finishing has been lethal. One of the best number 9s I've ever seen (in the A-League) when it comes to vision and setting up chances for others. Scores with both feet and his head, and can hit them from distance.

18. Scubaroo

McLaren had two loan spells at Hibs, the first being solid, i think he scored a few goals against Rangers, the 2nd loan he struggled, i think he may have been injured.

If Ange took any Aussies, Ryan, Leckie and Mooy would be the obvious ones. I would really love to see Rhyan Grant have a go but i think he's happy to just stay in Australia.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover

Maclaren from hibs no thanks

20. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I hope you're right mate.

Jordann likes this.