1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Skiv7

If the options were wait on this guy or get keane and oneil in what would you all go for?

seanm likes this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    And that's why Desmond needs chased.. he seems to run the club on his mood swings..

Huns * him off so he gets Rodgers.

Fans * him off so he kept Lennon...

The rest is left to Lawwell to do what he wants..

AdamRS and seanm like this.
  3. Sgt Neppers*

Gross incompetence and mismanagement have got us here. And there's no end in sight. We gave all the power to Howe who didn't want it for one reason or another. Plan B is a guy who has so many obstacles in the way before he gets the job is astounding. Then quarantine afterwards. Staggering thought process from the board here. Yet not one person has gone as a result of this incompetence. I'm raging about this.

So after everything,.let's say its Ange.....he's more than likely gonna have JK and GS forced upon him. Both part of the rot and malaise of last season. Again staggering decision. Clearly didn't work for Lennon so why people would think it would again is beyond me.

Absolutely dumbfounded by the way we're being managed. It's appalling. We're so far behind for next season already. There's zero improvement anywhere in the squad. So at the moment it's foolish to say we're gonna overhaul a 25pt deficit. It's embarrassing. I have zero faith or trust I'm anyone at the club to do the right thing. * the lot of them. Blinded by their own ego's and self importance.

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

The CEO will work to a directive set by the major share holders.... buy cheap, sell big, make profit for our dividends !!!

seanm likes this.
  5. seanm

HH

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  6. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Secret option number 3. Throw myself off something rather high.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    From Eddie tae Angie.

Who knows what next week will bring ffs. :56:

Artorias and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Whilst I agree with your well deserved pessimism, you do have to remember that:

Gary Caldwell cost nothing, and ended up POTY

Dion Dublin (despite fleeting appearances between CB and CF, was actually OK)

JJ-PDoumbe was a decent squad filler, and obviously cup winning goals scorer (on loan)

And, lastly, the Twardzik twins were very highly quoted among European football’s big teams. Obviously they turned out to be more like the tweedle twins instead of the Olsens, but it wasn’t a MASSIVE gamble by us.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  9. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    See a 3rd place for us next season.

* the board.

10. joemc

Football is a simple game m8 its the fans that complicate it by talking so much * , its not changed , maybe fitness levels and the sports sience ,I will give u that .

Mickmac likes this.
  11. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We ain't overcoming a 25 point deficit, with ajer and eduard leaving And probably a few more, all the loans( who were * going back to their clubs) our captain has gone, we have no right back, Greg Taylor at left back, all our keepers are pish , our only centre half is made of glass. We'll be Lucky to finish 3rd. Other than boycotting all merchandise and hitting them in the pocket there's * all we can do. I still can't understand how these * have found a way into the Celtic board.

12. joemc

Br had more ambition for himself , he sells team game to players but it stops right there ,its all about his progress which is no bad thing either .

13. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think you’re right that we are extremely unlikely to overturn a 25 point deficit from our current position.

Rangers are sadly well ahead because I don’t imagine there team changing too much over the summer, so they’ve got the same structure and players who will be more gelled, etc.

We still need a handful of signings, a manager, a proper pre-season and a new football structure put in place.

However, I cannot see us coming below 2nd next season at all. Our team still has some quality players well above the rest of the league like Turnbull, McGregor, Forrest, Jullien, Christie and I guess Ajer and Edouard for now. We will also be making a lot of signings (we have too) and I just can’t see Hibs, Aberdeen or anyone below them catching us. We still finished 14 points ahead of Hibs in possible one of our worst seasons ever.

I expect if we appoint any manager that can put together a team tactically we will be much closer to first than we were this season. I’m hopeful we at least challenge for the league.

muaythai postie likes this.
  14. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    It's funny, last season most posters said all we needed was a coach who would use tactics and we could win the league. Now we are linked with a coach who allegedly uses tactics and it's not good enough.
    He won't need 6 months to a year to implement his style, we should be beating the dross of the spfl at ease and as said above a coach with tactics and a game plan go a long way.
    The J league is more competitive than the spfl, our league 1 of 2 teams win the league, in the j league 5 separate winners in the last 6 years

15. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

This is okay if you have the players to implement those tactics if by all accounts he plays a high pressing fast style then he needs 6 months to get most of this team fit enough to play that style, its no use going * for leather for 60 min then everyone is gubbed and can’t defend the last 30 min

he will need at least half a new squad to play that style with us.

16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Top post mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveyNico67 and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  17. StevieBhoooy!

A quick painless death.... something like cyanide or a 9mm bullet to the temple while sleeping.

VT8 likes this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It happened with Shved and Rodgers.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  19. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Sorry do you watch scottish football?

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    TransferBhoy has disappeared off KDS after posting all week Ange was getting announced today :56:

HTG and Bobo_ like this.