1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I won a few games of fifa back in the day.

I reckon I'm an absolute winner and deserve to be recognised and given the job.

Anyone says different and you're being disrespectful and I'm going to cancel you.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Maestro 08

Two of his main attributes seem to be...he's had success operating within small budgets and he's known for player development. He also won't cost much in wages and compensation. That tells me a lot about what we are looking at next season when it comes to budgets and our general outlook.

Artorias likes this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    This appointment is madness and the fact that strachan and kennedy remain is equally as bewildering. what the * is going on at our club.

If you would have said after Lennon left that this guy would have been our new manager then people would have been flabbergasted. How far we have fallen.

crazy-horse1977, oh bhoy and seanm like this.
  4. jambo_cfc

john kennedy will be the bertie auld a the modern day except without the merit lol , 2050 and hes still jumping about

TheHappyLoss and seanm like this.
  5. seanm

We almost lost our club. Now weve lost our identity.strachan and kennedy must go or whats the point.total shambles.be safe guys.HH.only posting because those two charlatans are still deemed good for our club.

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  6. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I admire your partial optimism, but let's face it, the players we have conceded long before last season ended, don't see how their attitude and application would change over a summer with no recognised management in place. We will likely go into the start of the domestic season with no manager, and a board chasing some guy who will likely never be our manager. Plus we have no head of recruitment in place, a new ceo that looks to be even worse than the last and a majority shareholder that doesn't give a flying *. We've lost our captain of 10 years, with the only viable successor(ajer) likely to leave. Most of the squad are decidedly average at best and any sellable assets that bids come in for will be sold with no one in place to properly oversee the rebuild.

Its * sad but the club is rotten from top to bottom. Clubs in this state do not achieve success. It's hardly pathetic being able to face harsh realities.

Crilly, seanm and oh bhoy like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

I do agree with a lot of that mate, but no way would I concede to they *. The place stunk to high heaven last season and we will probably never know the full story. See what the team looks like come the first game but don’t give up yet. I know it’s not the same but I’d never heard of Lubo and he was ridiculed by the press, I’d never heard of Naka, both were a revelation. I’ve never heard of Ange but have to give him a chance if it’s going to be him. Every Celtic fan is hurting big time and I’d be delighted if our club was taken over. I’ve no faith in Desmond, Lawwell and the rest but can’t not get behind the team and have some hope.

seanm and rudebhoy67 like this.
  8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I think this could be true if Desmond decides he's had enough this will 100% happen to us as he is saying be careful what you wish for things could be about to get a whole lot worse

9. oh bhoy

What possible difference could it make

seanm likes this.
  10. david100825

Ive never been so uninspired about an upcoming season. We'll maybe make Europa League. Get 3-4 loans in from England. A very average manager that's been at the same level for 25 years. Grim as it gets.

seanm likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Noskeil and seanm like this.
  12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Yasssssssssssssss he's a World class coach, get in ! :36:

Twisty and david100825 like this.
  13. StevieBhoooy!

Is that a wee trophy or just his ‘in-match bevvy’ ?

Xatraps, oh bhoy and AdamRS like this.
  14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Obviously the Aussies will go to bat for him it's the equivalent of the manager of the Pollockshaws Pirates taking over the Dallas Cowboys if you like the sport you will stand by the guy

crazy-horse1977 and seanm like this.
  15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    We'll be lucky to finish 2nd looking at what's gonny be left once the likes of eduard and ajer are sold, we have no right back and Greg Taylor at left back. Julien is the only centre half and he's made of glass, and our captain has gone. were a * shambles and it all lies at the door of the Tory * who've somehow managed to find their way into our club leaving the support powerless to anything they do.

david100825 and seanm like this.
  16. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Was thinking that lol, either that or ange is a giant.

17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll get behind the team but more out of duty than hope.

The thing is, you're right about postecoglou, 100%, and if he was to be the next manager and start tomorrow that would be fine with me and would give me some hope. I just dont actually see him being the manager, this uefa thing is just not going to go away, I think we will pursue this for a few weeks then be forced to move onto plan c or d and waste the majority of the transfer window.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  18. TheHappyLoss

I’ve not got a clue tbh, but many seem to be saying the uefa licence isn’t an issue.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If he's willing to have John Kennedy foisted upon him then he's no "World-class manager"

Just another under-qualified guy that is astounded at being given the opportunity and is terrified at making demands and messing it up.

If an Ange, Kennedy & Strachan partnership was part of our long-term thinking, why wasn't he asked the question in February?

20. celtic warrior

* this whole thing.

21. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    That's my fear, this will fall through and we'll turn to the likes of Keane or, * forbid, Kennedy.

Hopefully the badge situation is sorted quickly i.e by the weekend and we either appoint him, or move on to somebody else.

rudebhoy67 likes this.