1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

I reckon the "few weeks" is for scenarios where it's not clear how much experience the coach/manager has. In this guy's case with his experience at club and international level in Asia I'd imagine it'll be a fairly quick turnaround from UEFA.

2. john2061

As each day goes by its looking like Kennedy will take the qualifiers a * joke we have become and want every member of the board to go and where's Desmond he should be in Glasgow sorting this * mess out .

Artorias likes this.
  3. Mr Cleansheets

If an Asian Cup winner and WC qualifying manager (with a JLeague title as well) can't get an exemption then who the * can?

He'll get it.

4. TheHappyLoss

Ah well looks like it is him. Fans have to give him a chance, not his fault our club is run by these twats. Severe doubts but * it have to support the guy and hope.

cat123 likes this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Possible, if we do I imagine it will be as long as he starts his UEFA Pro.

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

I remember part of my A license - craig brown in giving advice - absolute nonsense stuff literally learnt * all - but when don howe was on the pitch showing some some valuable tips it was golden stuff during practical's very worthwhile and even when I watch any game now I can pick up things he was portraying. the pro licence is more media analysis stuff as opposed to actually coaching and passages of play etc.. for the best bit drills and tactics are trial and error on the training ground to tailor suit to requirements per the team or match ahead etc..

Little Britain mindsets galore - Ange seems to have a brand of football he likes and wants to play and get across, fair * to him, I think it would be an exciting appointment. no one heard of lubo he was too old and past it etc..

Something smelt dodgy about Howe, why is he so 'special' due to the lights and glamour of the mightly premier league. no European experience or country management - poor transfers - he seems the bigger risk to me than Ange.

don't seem howe trying it out in 3 different countries - he likes to be around the south of England working.

The board need to be strong in their decision and if they are confident in this call need to start planning on players moing on, players to start enquiring about etc - our season starts now!

Imagine all the forums when Ange beats the blue side of town - all the Ange memes etc singing and dancing.

he would wipe the floor with kennedy and co on training sessions, and I bet the player would buy into it.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    VT8, Noskeil and The big Viduka like this.
  7. Dip 'n' Swerve

not much needs changed..
    men on the post from corners.
    good range of crosses and effective overlaps
    improve our finishing

it is players that fears me, in one transfer market we need...
    a good goalkeeper who can command the area
    a strong centre half
    2 x full backs
    1/2 x striker
    left winger

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I don't think crossing is on the mind of Postecoglou. Or a strong CB. Probably a fast CB with good passing ability. Same requirements for the GK.

The big Viduka likes this.
  9. Mr Cleansheets

If and when he comes, I hope he at least takes John Hutchinson with him (one of his current assistants at Yokohama).

When I was coaching a local district team, Hutcho was assistant coach of the local A-League team (Central Coast Mariners where Tam Rogic started) and he came along to run a coach the coaches session for our club. I'd always fancied myself as a football philosopher but in 90 minutes Hutcho blew me out of the water with his insights and interesting drills (as you'd hope). By all accounts players absolutely love him and Ange plucked him out of nowhere (asst coach in the MLS) to come to Marinos and learn.

He wouldn't have much of a CV by Euro standards but I understand he's a players' player type of guy who is really good at getting the message across.

The67Sound and cat123 like this.
  10. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Get this thread closed! Another Face Palm moment in coming....
    This * doesnt even like our game, wanting Rogic to get out if it!

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Nope. There are a fair few players who would resist. This was the case during Deila's reign. Ange would want to do a clearout, but the board hold the purse strings. This is the big issue: to get a team capable of executing this progressive vision of Postecoglou, we need upwards of 15M pounds. On quantity- the whole attack needs changed, and most of the defense. An extra MF wouldn't hurt.

Mitigating factor is the value for money East Asian players offer, plus merchandise sold abroad. So, he might get some of the players in.

cat123 likes this.
  12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Any * sorted a chant for Angie yet?

13. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Aye mick jager made it years ago

The big Viduka and The67Sound like this.
  14. Mr Cleansheets

Post-ecog-lou
    In white and in green
    He's going quite radge
    While doing his badge
    In quarantine

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Google Translate is a wonderful thing. :56:

16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Hes only spent £1.5m on transfers in his career. £15m should win us the world cup...

:fear:

17. bhoy81

This is why we are in this mess in the first place. Just accepting what these parasites say and do and we have to submit and accept it.

Not me, I will not support this at all, I love the club I hate the * running it and this guy is the fall, fall, fall back.

I just feel sick to my stomach that we will be looking for another manager in a years time with more deadwood and they are * rolling in champions league money.

I hope I am wrong.

18. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Angie Angie get tae *..................Angie get tae * !

Still needs a bit of work tbh. :42:

TheHappyLoss and Bobo_ like this.
  19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I personally won’t be chanting that as I don’t think it’s Postecoglou’s fault he’ll be in the job nor do I think the team will profit from a hypertoxic atmosphere right from the off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim-Time 1888 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  20. bhoy81

I think he has spent nearly 3.4 million on players. If you look on Transfermarket.

I think it said in his whole time of managing he has paid for 5 or 6 players the rest have been free around 163 of them in total.

Honestly if that’s the case know wonder the board want him.

It’s also frightening because he won’t have a * clue regarding the market we are in for players etc so it will be more of the same with free transfers and the board will love it

MagicBallBhoy likes this.