1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The sheer desire to discredit the guy who's probably our next manager, is incredible

Mickmac, trackebhoy, cat123 and 6 others like this.
  2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

If this deal is imminent I genuinely wish him the best of luck and he’s going to need it.

Unbelievable that this is the biggest opportunity in his life and let’s face it, he’s not even qualified for the role, yet I’m feeling sorry for him already.

That shows you how much of a shambles we are in. Our new gaffer could be the second coming of Johan Cruyff, he doesn’t stand a * chance whilst those above him remain.

3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    To be fair, many folk were also decrediting Neil Lennon’s return and Roy Keane etc. at this stage too..

Probably rightly so.

AdamRS likes this.
  4. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If we have to wait weeks to appointment a manager :31: Seasons gubbed why not tack on a few more weeks of * all progress.

5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    That’s a fair post and apologies if controversial.

I suppose I’m concerned that we are the acid test for a manager who has never managed at a respectable level in Europe. I’m concerned that his prior credentials don’t merit him for the job.

I remember folk saying that Stuart Baxter has similar credentials :54:

The big Viduka likes this.
  6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    It’s actually disgusting. Just because he’s either not a big enough name or not the fans first pick. Then add to the press literally trying to dig up one tiny bit of something to report, it’s like watching Curse of Oak Island, dig long enough you’ll find a bit o wid!

I always look forward to manager appointments as it marks a new era for the club. Bar a handful of other fans on here the daggers are out before he’s even set foot in Scotland, sadly I find that quite ignorant and repugnant.

Support your club and allow us to get out this mess, we need to start off somewhere, if it doesn’t work out then we figure out * is happening from the owner to the backroom staff IF the new manager doesn’t work out, because that’s the thing every manager brings. A 50/50 chance, the odds are massively stacked against him due to the shambles and total mismanagement happening now.

7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I know progress is slow but would you rather a deal that’s rushed over the line? I know we have a new season upon us, rebuilding etc but first and foremost I’d rather get everything done rationally, rather than panicking and getting someone like Mick McCarthy or worse.

cat123 likes this.
  8. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You don't need 3 months to appoint a manager, this is only an excuse at Celtic.

cat123 likes this.
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Ooooofffftttttt!!!!!! :giggle1:

10. anthony valletta

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom rogic
    Your totally wrong he has had a plethora of job opportunities in Europe since he won the Asian cup… he always wanted to do things his way and take the correct steps in his manner, going to Asia and winning a title was part of that, now it’s the next step. He wasn’t just going to take any job that was offered to him in Europe…. FFS stop disrespecting someone you have NFI about.. your previous 10 managers Rogers excluded have nothing on the way this guy manages a squad

The big Viduka likes this.
  11. Maestro 08

The growing amount of fans feeling sorry for him and thinking the league is lost already due to the boards * about.... well minimal expectations can only be a good thing for him.

12. Maestro 08

What teams?

13. Maestro 08

Irony alert :thumbsdow

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Howe turned us down due to “unforeseen circumstances” yes granted should have been wrapped up but the blame on that’s a two way street. Howe kept his options open, our board thought it was done and dusted. You can’t then snap your fingers and expect an instant fix, * Wizzadora couldn’t fix this *.

15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    I’m gonna be honest - that’s a bit cheeky in a way considering:

Ronny Deila is operating at a higher level in the MLS

Martin O’Neill managing Ireland and EPL team for 3+ years

Gordon Strachan doing well with Scotland and managing in the EPL for 3+ years

Even Neil Lennon has been operating at a higher level in the EPL Championship.

Ange is in no way more qualified than any of the above apart from Lennon maybe. And that’s a maybe.

16. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I totally agree with you on most part about this guy, but you do have to question his desire about really wanting that. If he was really that keen on Europe surely he would have started to complete courses for the relevant badges. I do think the sudden fact this jobs come up faster than expected, but still you would have thought a manager with aspirations of managing in EU would have started them, unless he was resigning himself to thinking he wouldn’t get his break this late into his career, which again is understandable.

(my only slight grievance with the whole debacle)

17. Maestro 08

Worse, he was actually trying to say Martin O'Neill a treble winning manager, multiple league winner, multiple cup winner north and south of the border and the guy that took us to the UEFA Cup final can't compare to this Postecoglou when it comes to managing a squad. Strachan who carried us into Last 16 and won leagues and cups with a very decreased budget as well.

Guy is totally ignorant, obviously has no clue about Celtic and is another example of why it's hard to believe these Aussies when they talk so much *. I mean almost to a man on here they are some of the most grating and aggressive posters I've encountered.

Been offered a plethora of European jobs as well but still waiting on him to name one of those teams.

18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Being an international manager counts for nix these days aye? MSL is a franchise game, money talks. MoN is a dinosaur in terms of world football these days. Strachan never took Scotland to a championship never mind World Cup, Neil Lennon couldn’t manage a under 6s on a competitive level never mind any sort of club with statue, was sussed twice here, Bolton and Hibs.

I don’t get any of your points for defending the indefensible, the only reason why people are so stuck up about this deal is complete and utter arrogance thinking we are a bigger club than we are. Yes a sleeping giant under the right ownership but never while we play in the SPFL.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  19. Mr Cleansheets

It's true that Ange has often talked about wanting to test himself in Europe and also said (after Panaichi) that he wouldn't take just any Euro job.

So from that perspective it IS a little odd that he's never started his Euro badges. You'd think CFG would've insisted on it.

Noskeil likes this.
  20. anthony valletta

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom rogic