1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

If they all jump at the same time will there be an earthquake?

2. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Please * he can't get a work permit

3. SteveyNico67

Basically I’ve sided on this view:

Before Rodgers the Snake showed up, he’d won the square root of * AW

Before Lennon took over first time? As a manager - see above

This Ange has won trophies in his domestic lands
    Led an Australia side to a trophy

“Why then, oh brawling love, oh loving hate....
    Anything of nothing first create”

Surely after a major rethink - bagging Ange would be a coup????

4. SteveyNico67

Get French Eddy as far to * as possible

Shved lol

Rogic? Haha

16 year old AMF

Good trolling pal

5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Finally a coherent argument against him

VT8 likes this.
  6. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    It's good to see people are being reasonable and not just throwing their opinions and hypotheticals about like its total fact...

We've been stung recently so i understand why folk are very dubious and * off, but folk aren't even wanting to be convinced or hear anything good about Ange, they just want to pick apart anything that's said and keep the negative train rolling

We all wanted Howe, but if it was the Huns that were being linking with him, folk would've been picking apart what he done at Bournemouth as well and discrediting him.

I didn't know much about Ange either, and he would be a gamble for sure, much like any other appointment. But there is plenty good being said about him by people who've worked with or under him, so * knows, maybe it could all just click. Just don't see the point in being dismissive and negative.

Like a few others have been saying, out of all the realistic names being mentioned, and there's not been many.. and i canny see any names that blow him out the water. Pulling of a Rodgers type appointment, because it suited both parties has set the bar a bit high for a lot of people i think.

Mickmac and LectersLuncheon like this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Just had a wee look online with the Scottish FA regarding the Uefa license the pro one that is and it’s a 20 month course.

that’s not even including the A and B ones.

8. bhoy81

Dembele is 18 now mate.

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Tbf it isn't just Ronny you can accuse of not having a plan B ... rodgers didn't (often) have a plan B either and Lenny... well let's just leave that for now.

10. Mr Cleansheets

Are there no teams that pass out from the back in Scotland? Of the games I've seen over the last few years, Celtic tend to dominate possession which, I suppose, is not quite the same as passing out from the back but teams tend to sit back wanting to be broken down. Passing out from the back under pressure is a different thing and no doubt that would targeted on boggy pitches if Ange's team got that reputation.

Thing is, Ange is not totally inflexible. He has changed once, and I suspect he'd be forced to change again to adapt to Scottish conditions.

thailandceltic likes this.
  11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Rodgers often changed formations and tactics during games, not sure where you are getting he didn't have a plan B from.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It would be a very Celtic thing to hire a manager that wasn't even allowed to manage the club.

Fresh off the back of signing 2 American guys that were never going to be allowed work permits.

The farce continues....

13. bhoy81

Nah it wouldn’t. So are you saying that Ange is better than Rogers pre Celtic?

for me absolutely not.

Like others have said, he only has plan A or nothing, hot headed. Hasn’t managed in Europe and will he know targets players etc to go out and get?

Or whole system needs revamped and he will be coming in. With a full team rebuild with possible Kennedy and Laptop with him.

This is not the time to test the unknown this season is pivotal in providing change and turning everything around and for this guy is not the answer.

Fans are not doing what the always do, warm to the PR * from the club get bewitched by the * coming from the money men saying it’s a good fit for everyone we did try and get our main target but you know us cheap as * and let stuff get dragged out, but here you go out 4/5 choice l......

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    The one point I like about Ange Postecoglou from the points I've been reading is that he doesn't suffer fools and he isn't interested in being friends with his players.

This could be a game changer as too many of our players where taking liberties over the last year.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can't agree more. Our main issue last season was the defence. We need a manager who can fix that first. Neither Howe nor Postecoglou are the answer.

Regarding the rain issue- Japan has rain in June and July, but otherwise not much.

Lupis likes this.
  16. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    He'll definitely get a work permit he was born in Greece but was raised in Australia.

honda likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Who needs a defence when were gonna be up by 9 in the first half. Cant wait.

18. themouth1888

If this boy comes in I hold no ill will to him as of course he's not going to turn it down.

The board have * the fans again and the manager will quickly be judges which is unfair but that's how it goes. He's never had a transfer budget to work with which for me must be a massive boost for him getting thr job. I fear for us next season already

cat123 likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    And yet, during all that success he averages out at around 1.6 points per game.

In comparison Rodgers and even Lennon (for both spells) is around 2.2 points per game at Celtic and even deila was 2.1 points per game.

The ones who are not over 2.0 points per game are mowbray and Kennedy.

I know very little about this guy, if he is the next manager I'll want him to do well and I'll praise him if he does. But on the face of it, everything that folk are trying to say is good about him, doesn't really have any evidence to support it.

We can hear about how much he is a strong character and that it is Ange way or no way. But he's walking in to s job that literally Howe has just told the board to * off because he wasn't getting his way.

Do we think Ange has a better reputation than Howe to sway this board? Better than Rodgers, who left because of this board?

I'd also be worried about the fact that in 13 seasons of management he averages out at 25 games per season. McGregor plays that in the first 3 months of a season at times.

Honestly, I'd want to see any manager do great for us.
    But we have a few issues with Ange that should most certainly be noted before he takes over, ones that judge him and ones that judge the board.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

King of Kings likes this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Meant to be this week looks like we are an unofficial part of city group the Arabs can’t own us outright being in the same continent
    After the frimpong deal we will be used to build players for them to make a profit on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk