1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

You were pretty open to the Maresca/Harkin idea right? Restructuring of the club? This guy, on paper, is a much stronger appointment than Maresca.

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye mate that's what it is we're all mad racists against Australians give your head a wobble.

I'll match this pish about him being from Australia then

upload_2021-5-30_19-7-13.png

upload_2021-5-30_19-8-3.png

One of these is the CV of Ange the other is Stuart Baxter personally I would say they're on a par or very close to it. Would you also have the bunting out for Stuart Baxter ?

Cena likes this.
  3. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Nope sitting in the back garden and a private Jet flew over so I check it on the app lol

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Did you want Maresca? (I honestly don’t know). If so can you do a comparison between Maresca and Postecoglou? More recent as well.

Slaw likes this.
  5. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    I'm coming round to the idea of ange becoming the new coach but only if the set up behind him is right. If the club want to get fans back onside they need to lay out the structure of the club and their plans on how they are going to progress the club forward from board level to the football.

Dannybhoy81 and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

I didn't mate I'm sure I'll have posted on here saying about now not being the time for a gamble on someone with no managerial experience or words similar

Slaw and Sean Daleer like this.
  7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I know nothing about Stuart Baxter's style of play, character or endorsements by former players. If he had multiple people touting him as the best coach to ever come out of Australian football then yeah, I'd give him a second look for sure.

By the way, I wasn't suggesting that anybody was being racist. It's pretty logical to not want an Australian manager on the face of it, but when you do a bit of digging there's quite a bit about this Ange and everyone who has been involved with him says nothing but amazing things about him.

VT8 likes this.
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Fair dos mate. I think I have a few folk checking their post history right now :giggle1:

9. murphy88

We laugh at the huns for being gullible. By the end of the tomorrow this boy will be on par with Benitez being appointed by some. The board have been crucified and rightly so for their complete lack of leadership and contempt for us fans. If this guy gets appointed and it falls flat on its * which I think it will, then we deserve all we get as a fan base.

10. James Gold Member Gold Member

You knew nothing of this guy til about a day ago. I've no doubt heard the same and watched the same videos and I agree he talks a good game but what does that count for really ? People were saying Kennedy also spoke well

murphy88 likes this.
  11. James Gold Member Gold Member

Nah I was defo against it although in some weird * up way I knew how this was gonna play out I had a tenner on Shevchenko at 50/1 cos I seen a tweet saying he was playing tennis with Desmonds son there always has to be a connection somewhere

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone who thinks John Kennedy speaks well should never be trusted lol. You're right I never heard of him until Friday, I don't pretend otherwise. When I asked who you wouldve wanted instead you named 2 guys we would never have a chance of getting and another who was sacked after less than a year in his last 3 jobs (I think it was you, right? maybe not). So, again, who would you rather instead?

13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Big Ange sounds like someone who should be doing your washing.

14. leeso-ardoyne

Interesting move and id say * pull a few unkown cracking players. As celtic supporters, from us he deserves a chance! I for one wont be slating this move nor him. Definitely an interesting season ahead. I actually cant wait for it to start with all the new fresh faces. Its time to stop all the moaning and start thinking positive. We have a league to win back and all this negative vibes floating around isnt good for anything.

15. James Gold Member Gold Member

I would have taken Howe over him but now that's not happening and with the time that has past honestly the only appoint that could appease me would be a Rafa/Rangnick or Favre but obviously that wont happen.

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Rogic tells the national team he’s not available to concentrate on Celtic couple of weeks back .... he knew his international boss was coming this was in the works weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Maybe you ya posh * :giggle1:

Us plebs do our own washing.

VT8 and Paul67 like this.
  18. murphy88

I don’t want him, but I would take Steve Clarke over this guy. I remember when Lennon got the job and everyone defending the appointment by saying “who else could we have got”

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Ok, so anybody realistic you think we should get over Ange? Anyone?

The types of names you mentioned are WAY out of our reach. Some fans seem to think these are genuine potential targets. That contributes to the deflation when a guy like Ange is named.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member