1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did we decline? (Conspiracy theory warning!)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Leone Naka Fan, May 30, 2021.

Discuss Why did we decline? (Conspiracy theory warning!) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    For many on the site the board of Celtic Football Club are incompetent, and stingy. Over the years, Lawwell has gotten more and more enemies on this site. The board as well. However, this spiked last season, for obvious reasons.

For me, however, the board were suspicious for a long time, and I have a theory on why they are making decisions to the detriment of the footballing entity we support.

Desmond has apparently given statements in the past few years that sounded respectful of Rangers. Coupled with mentions of Old Firm going to English football, this means he does not care about Celtic's dominance in Scotland.

Rangers were struggling since their rebirth as Sevco. Their recovery was slow, despite us not really rushing ahead to take advantage of being unchallenged. Desmond and Lawwell realized that if we cemented 10IAR, that Sevco would be in deep financial trouble- their status shattered to pieces, and the dream of a joint entry into English football would be wiped out. Nevermind the fact that it won't happen for reasons outside of Desmond's control.

Thus, they embarked on a plan to prevent the historic achievement. And COVID helped them. Using it as an excuse, they laid off analysts and other staff employed at the start of Rodgers' term. Best players were sold over Lennon's head, depriving him slowly of the tools to complete the 10IAR. And then, when they realized the green train wasn't yet fully derailed, they told the existing players that salary cuts have to be made, unless they are willing to throw results.

Lennon was powerless, and mentally crippled by the betrayal. He wasn't the cause of the meltdown around Ferencvaros- he was one of the victims. Some sources later mentioned fights between players, as well.

Call me crazy, and I am. I have residual depression, for which I used to take meds when it was not residual. Lennon did not look depressed in the season preceding the last one. He was not incapable of leading the team. We beat Lazio twice. Serie A runners up that season. A man in a flare-up of depression looks like Lennon of last season.

But something crushed him. I believe it was the board telling him and the players: No 10IAR, Rangers must be handed over the title.

I can predict the first replies. "Lennon is just *." Not so * to do quite well in severals seasons with the club (counting the first stint) . I agree that the club showed little ambition by appointing him in the showers. But he was not the main reason why 10IAR crashed and burned.

I do blame him for not spitefully revealing everything to the press, though. Or playing those who wanted to prove themselves (Turnbull, Soro, Welsh) earlier, in spite of the board.

The rumors of City football Group guy Postecoglou being hired point to Desmond still thinking Rangers need help to be marketable. They "need a comeback". An intransigent idealist with poor defensive record should be an easy way for Gerrard to guide Rangers to 2IAR. Howe was bait, it's Lawwell and his son who decide what happens. On behalf of Desmond.

He is ruining the club he owns for a futile attempt. Celtic would at best get into League One, a place with clubs fighting for financial survival amidst low attendances. That is, assuming the English FA even let us and Sevco there. The 2021 Scottish Parliament elections make Scottish independence likely, and that in turn, makes the prospect of a jump even more unlikely.

What the fans must do is; boycott Desmond's enterprise financially. Make him and his son feel unwelcome. It is better to have no investors, than him.

(To the staff: don't lock this immediately. I'd rather people discuss this possibility, even if they ridicule me.)

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Rendog likes this.
  2. SteveyNico67

Ok.. that was an enjoyable read

Thanks

I have long since suspected that last season and recent events have been sabotage.

It’s literally unbelievable what’s gone on if you DON’T consider it’s sabotage

Sadly I think it’s just the board are inept and as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike

honda likes this.
  3. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    You were almost there, but you missed out a vital clue. They never needed to tell Lennon to throw the 10, because the SFA had Lennon assassinated in July last year and replaced with a hun cyborg from the planet Sevco.

Also, no matches were actually played this
    year. Sevconian agents within the SFA faked them all in an abandoned aircraft hanger in the Nevada desert. The part of Diego Laxalt was played by a bounty hunter called Quarg from the Xedrox quadrant.

4. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Your giving the board to much credit, they're just unbelievably incompetent...

The_Bhoy, The Phoenix, TIART and 8 others like this.
  5. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    The bolded bit is all that needs to be said.

6. TheHappyLoss

There is no way we sabotaged the 10 but we could killed off any chance of a new hun team after they liquidated and chose not too. Unforgivable

Twisty and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    When the club board are super tight about finances, and emphasize profit, I can't call their behavior incompetent. I'd expect a lot of debt from an incompetent board, for example.

8. Paul McAuley

Hindsight and all that.

Almost to a man we thought last summer was a great window. Signing Internationals and keeping our main

We declined because we offered Lennon the job after Rodgers. Muscle memory won us the quadruple treble but when football stopped and reset because of covid it was Lennons team that came to the fore. A manager relying on individual talent. That's seen in his lineage- Lennon- MON- Clough. Can't manage like that in modern football.

This is why its crucial we get the right man next. Rodgers team was made up of most the diddies that lost the scottish cup semi final to Rangers. It was him that made the difference in the quadruple treble.

I dislike the guy because of how he left but we need another Brendan. Another Ronny Deila is not the answer. I honestly don't think there's one willing to come to Celtic. I fear for us going forward.

The_Bhoy, The Phoenix, eire4 and 2 others like this.
  9. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Im actually surprised that some fans are just waking up to the boards incompetence. This wasn’t just last season but stems back to MON. After Seville the board just stopped investing in quality. We started being a buying and selling club. While the coffers in our accounts have continued to rise, sadly the quality of the squad and manager have paid the cost of this.

The last time the board tried to alter this trend was BR, he come to the club and shook it from top to bottom, while he was here the transformation of the team, backroom staff, training, diet etc was all on EPL levels. The board failed both Celtic as a club and BR as a manager for failing to allow him the finances to keep on building.

Two years on and all the work BR had done and installed in us has been obliterated by a terrible manager, his backroom staff and a board that are so complicit it beggars belief. The buck lies at the owner and board, they’ve allowed this to fester and lack of ambition. As a club all we need to do is make the CL group stages every year and we would rake it in, SPEND TO ALLOW THAT! Yes we would have a squad more than capable, but that allows you a platform to advance in the Euro club rankings, which in essence gifts you group stages in later years, which means 30m+ each season.

10. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Love a good conspiracy theory but this is hilarious. Sadly, the board are just not good enough.

Aside from most the stuff you’ve wrote...

• Who was sold over Lennons head? We kept Edouard, McGregor (Leicester tried to buy him), Ajer, Christie... actually who did we sell that Lennon was desperate to keep?

• I remember when Lennon “brought back the thunder” I was at every home game and honestly, I didn’t like him as manager back then. He got lucky to win his first title. So yeah I don’t think he was ever a good manager for us.

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tierney was vital to us and got sold, and Forster's loan was not renewed, nor was he signed up.

12. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Tierney wanted to leave in the end, said it was a tough decision but the right move for his career. Forster made the choice not to come back, he was only on loan.

Neither were sold from under his feet.

Westlondonscot and honda like this.
  13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Actually forster was another example of our board waiting too long. We had an offer accepted for him, waited and waited again for a no. So then had to panic buy a dud.

Tierney got a gig going to arsenal. Bit * but like it or not, that's not Southampton. Thats where players aim for who are at Southampton. Plus he's been riddled with injury since. Right choice I'd expect every player on our team to make.

Then the replacement got his boaby off in Spain so because celtic have to adhere to covid regulations we got rid. Not like other teams. Other teams get reported as a shame, ruin his future, young lad. * off.

Just get the details right and stop being mad at stuff that for once the board hadn't actually done wrong and call them out for the actual problems.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    That's kind of random, but no it can't, it doesn't reach a high enough temperature to melt it. What it can do is get it to a temperature where steel becomes significantly weaker at the molecular level, by essentially resetting its temper, but it won't outright melt it.

Not sure what that has to do with out board being utterly incompetent and short sighted right enough.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Dermot Desmond and Peter Lawwell.. Nuff said..

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    DD and his * halfwit pals who run the club on the cheap while taking a wage and big * bonuses out.

Honestly * can’t stand any of them and that * * DD needs * off!

19. oh bhoy

it doesnt seem that far fetched when you consider that they have allowed sevco to pretend to rangers and havent made a peep about it ,allowed rangers to cheat them out of titles and trophies with ebts not a peep or a title stripped ,refs former season ticket holders at ibrox /showing up in hun boozers hours after playing us not a peep.rangers being awarded champions league spot to our detriment not a peep.lets not forget the 5 way agreement . questions do need to be asked as to why when lennon was quite clearly floundering and the season was still there to be won we did absolutely * all and just watched it play out like it didnt matter

20. celtic warrior

The fact our board see more long term revenue in the chase then they do from building from a position of strength.

At the risk of this league becoming uncompetitive, we should have seen some hefty investments into the squad after record highs with Rodgers which could have seen us, go for more than 10iar.

There was no legitimate reason as to why any team in Scotland should be competing with us, I mean, knock us of a cup tourney once in a while yeah, beat us to the league? Never.

But our board see it differently, they think its more profitable chasing and level pegging with our rivals than it is to obliterate them.