1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

If this is a Harkin suggestion, then we're in a worse position than I thought. This jobs for the boys lark is out of control.

Howe plan A, failed, Maresca plan B in a job, Plan C Keane very very unpopular opinion and risky. Plan D who knows but add him in. Plan E Big Ange 36 points from the Marino's get him in.

The rest of the plans are funked now. Its amiss mash rush job to be ready for the first game. So so angry. And all we get is drip fed from The Scum, The daily Ranger, the Mail and the telegraph.

Need to switch off from the club. They do nothing for your mental health.

AdamRS likes this.
  2. green-yin

A good management team pays for itself but these * on the board dont realise that because they have no clue how to run a football club. Off the top of my head....approach tripovsky, offer him 2 million a year, a reasonable transfer budget plus any money from player sales...is he going to say no? Now that is just 1 option that took me 30 seconds to come up with. These * get paid to find the best man for the job and get him signed up and they think aussie arge will appease the fans? Get this board to * out of OUR club.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  3. MAP

Surprised if anyone is expecting that kind of statement given the candidates linked with the club.

4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    This is genuinely incredible. If I watched a drama on how things have turned out for us since the end of last season, I would've switched off as it would be completely unrealistic fantasy stuff.

I hope the board die. Only way it seems to get rid of them.

5. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I think belgium

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Should be straight on the phone to Rafa and the Slavia Prague manager.

It's time to stop dicking around.

AdamRS likes this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Did you suggest him as an option prior to him being linked yesterday? Out of interest.

If he is one of the leading coaches in the world? Surely you must have given one of the leading coaches in the world finished 9th in Japan and has never managed in Europe? Surely you must have thought he was within our reach?

This is what I was talking about in my post last night. Utter madness.

I'm assuming you're Australian?

Hammy89, thailandceltic and The Dude like this.
  8. jamiebhoy67

I feel sick

Not because I don't know the guy we are linked with just because it looks like a Peter lawell panic moment phoned up his man city connections and got this guy. I feel physically sick at the thought he has this much pull in the club he's leaving he should have no say in this appointment. Seriously considering. It renewing and using the 500 for a wee weekend break

9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Think Sutton might have had a point regarding the lawell attack and sevo riots.

Wouldn't put off a Celtic or Irish man but he's neither and has a young family but its all Celtics fault anyway they shouldn't have waited 3 months ffs

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I highly doubt that's put off every possible manager in Europe we could get and forced us to go to Japan.

It doesn't take much to connect the dots here. We are bringing in Harkin, City group, this guy, City group....prepare for about 10 panic loans and 4 perm signings this summer.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Was worried I'd wake up and he would essentially he appointed, hoping he's only in the running, think we should go all out and get Favre If he's even slightly interested.

The67Sound likes this.
  12. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    I am biased towards Ange. However once you get with him and the results happen he will win you all over.he is his own man and is brutal in his approach to get results.

13. Lewis Kerr

Major Deila vibes.

14. dmccourt95

The guys got no chance cos he won’t be backed just like deila. Will be made to work with donkeys from the spl

The big Viduka likes this.
  15. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It's the sort of appointment you'd expect Aberdeen or Hibs to make.

And when you consider the sort of squad this guy's inheriting - players going back to parent club, sales of Eddy, Ajer, Christie

What exactly are we left with that distinguishes us from Hibs etc?

Dumpling GKs, no full backs left or right, no left winger, no CM to partner McGregor, no fit or reliable strikers of note. Just an aging injury prone Forrest on the right.

2nd place is our real target this year. The league's already gone. Europe is gone too.

The best that can be achieved is cutting the gap down to 12 or 15 points. It's nowhere near good enough but will be presented as "progress".

16. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    What makes this fella more qualified than jindřich trpišovský for instance? Is he out of reach now as well?

17. SteveyNico67

I’m in complete agreement

I used to think that would be a glass half empty comment

The glass has been smashed all over the * floor now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hes a City group yes man. Could the Ozzie contingent please eff off with their nonsense, Ozzie football is pish and no cares about the Japanese version.

No offence

19. Maestro 08

All the attention seems to be on the managerial hunt right now but what about this new DOF that we were meant to be getting. What was stopping that from happening months ago. This appointment is as crucial if not even more crucial than our next manager yet nothing.

If this Fergal Harkin is to be it then be prepared to be completely underwhelmed. 100% a Lawell and Desmond plant to keep themselves in ultimate control. Back to City to hoover up their dregs bcos Lawell is paly with them and Harkin just happens to be Desmond's pal as well. Surprise, surprise. How do you think we ended up with Deila, another City target. This new manager, part of the City group. Lazy, lazy recruitment once again.

We are not interviewing for this position, he's been cherry picked. When you continually hire people not on what they can do but who they are, that's how you end up being 2nd best.

AdamRS, Sgt Neppers* and The Phoenix like this.
  20. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Still not checked out much on this guy and I most likely won’t. Had some thoughts about it and I definitely don’t want him.

He could be similar to Bielsa (and I’d love that type of manager) but he is 55 and has done nothing really. A bit of success in Asia/Australia but that’s it.

I think all these feel good things and positive stories about him are to try and convince us all and I’m not buying it.

If he’s appointed I’ll give him a chance but I really won’t be happy with it, it really lacks ambition from us.

Last edited: May 29, 2021