1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

We’ve entered the twilight zone again I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Shelby and seanm like this.
  2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Are you Peter or Dominic?

seanm likes this.
  3. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Unfortunately, we are in no position to be patient. We have a massive rebuild ahead and need immediate impact. All management, players etc that come in over the summer need to hit the ground running.

martin_d likes this.
  4. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

With were we are at this moment, today, right now....I'd settle for Duff.

Hammy89 and martin_d like this.
  5. The Dude

Fair enough, mate.

I think that some people are judging Favre unfairly on his time at Borussia Dortmund (which, as I have pointed out, was far from a disaster).

He won silverware with Servette and Zürich in Switzerland - a comparable nation to Scotland in football terms - and made Hertha Berlin, Borussia Mönchengladbach and Nice competitive, while playing attractive and attacking football.

I am sure that Duff is a good coach, but his lack of experience would be a major concern for me at this time. I would reluctantly choose him over dinosaurs like Keane though.

6. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't get me wrong, when we appoint this Ange I'll get behind him and hope he does well. What I won't allow though is that to distort my judgement on this as an appointment. If he gets the job it's another poor job done by the board, don't be fooled. If Howe was our my first target it should have come with conditions. When he asked to wait till the summer we should have said 'afraid not Eddie, sign here or we have to continue the process with other candidates'. That simple, whilst Howe is clearly a very talented manager he should have been tripping over himself to manage Celtic.

Their is a world of talented managers out their, if we the board have done their job to a high degree I very much doubt that Ange was the next best thing to Howe.

Let's be honest, as managers and characters they seem worlds apart too, which makes you question what the board requires from a coach for them to qualify in the run in? Guess work seems to be the model

honda and Dublin Celt like this.
  7. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    What has Damian Duff ever done to manage a club like us? We are only presuming he was a good coach because we did okay when he was here but Lennon ended up getting found out for the fraud that he is. John Kennedy was lauded as a great coach by everyone connected to the club and those who had left, look how that turned out.

If Damian Duff got the job it would be a far far far bigger sham than hiring Ange.

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Easy to slate someone who’s been a manger for 30 years over a guy who’s never managed.

9. James Gold Member Gold Member

I've got a song.

Ange Postecoglu
    Who the * are youuuuu

to the tune of don't you want me :fear:

SteveyNico67 and seanm like this.
  10. jambo_cfc

How does the director announce this too us in the press conference ! “ here is the new manager of celtic , he has an oustanding pedigree and a wealth of experience and he was courted by top clubs over the years and we are lucky we have been able to lure him”

because thats would be all bullshit ! If they were honest it would read “ here is your new manager , won titles years ago in Australia which is equivalent to our first division and where players go to retire , won a title in 3 year in japan , finished 9th last year with probably biggest budget in the league, and got Australia who should get to world cups easily to a major finals “ that would be the honest way you would have to announce this guy !!

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I didn't slate him and I said I didn't want Duffer, its not his time

12. jambo_cfc

If brentford dont go up i would be all over thomas frank

13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Mate, I’d settle for Duff Man from the Simpsons atm. Morale totally shot.

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Fair enough. I don't know too much about him so I'm only going on what I have read. I just find it a bit bizarre that someone of his supposed calibre is touted for the job and everyone isn't jumping all over it.. at this point mate I'm just scunnered from this seasons farce that continues into the off season..

The Dude likes this.
  15. Jaxxx Orchestrated Sonic Attacker Gold Member

Celtic great Martin O’Neill wants summer managerial return at the age of 69

• Alan Nixon
    • 11:58, 23 May 2021
    :fear::fear:

The67Sound and SteveyNico67 like this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Let’s be honest, we all thought a director of football coming in would mean a complete change in direction and the board level management of the footballing side of the department would end. We now know, that’s not the case.

I point blank refuse to believe Fergal Harkin was the best man for this job. He’s Dermot Desmond pal for one and he’s been directly involved with Mark Lawwell at Manchester City. It’s the same “jobs for the boys” mentality that’s been going on for years. Anyone who thinks that Dominic McKay coming in would mean a brand new way of running things is in dream land. There will be no difference. Harkin will do McKay and Desmonds bidding and the manager will be there to fall back on, regardless of whether or not it was Howe or this other *.

It’s always been the same with Celtic. Entitled and thugs when they want to portray us that way but come this time of the year, when they need our money, we are the best fans in the world. * ram it ya charlatans. The actual audacity of these * to play the season ticket line for 2021 “a club built to last”, a clear dig at the * across the road, all while refusing to look into Resolution 12 and the five way agreement, * absolute charlatans.

I’ll give the club until the last day of the season ticket renewal date to appoint a decent manager, set out a plan to the fans and detail their vision. I’m not parting with £1250 of my money for 3 season tickets, £700 a year in petrol, £300+ on strips, £400 on lunches to watch this board and this club rip the * out of me. I live 80 miles away, boys from Belfast/Dublin will be spending far more than me.

It’s now time to * act. Look what happens, down south, when the fans make their feelings known about a boardroom level decision. (The Super league.) time to act. Unfortunately, these charlatans won’t give a toss, we could invade the stadium and they would put out the same pish they always do.

Withhold every penny you have. This is a war. It’s time to starting acting like it and the only way to do that is to hit the board where it matters, in their bank accounts. I’m not in any of the Celtic groups. These guys need to get together and collectively put out a statement, show that we, as fans, are United and tired of the custodians running our football club.

Look at the potential we have, look at the stadium, the fans, the titles, the opportunity we can bring someone. The board are happy taking our money and doing the * bare minimum. Time to * act.

Martybhoy53, The67Sound and martin_d like this.
  17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Harkin told us to go for maresca we did t and missed out on him this is ovb his second pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celticdaft238 and martin_d like this.
  18. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    both are from the city group. There are other managers out there. They don’t have to be involved in the city group.

martin_d likes this.
  19. scootz

Eddie Howe?

Ange Postecoglou?

Both completely underwhelming!

thailandceltic, Bonobhoy and celtic#1 like this.
  20. Foley1888

See being honest if Fergal Harkin is going to be DoF get him announced now rather than wait any longer and at least that’s one role filled. I can’t actually see any reason why he hasn’t been appointed months ago if he is the preferred candidate and going to take the job or has he had a change of heart too.

Honestly, Peter Lawwell and cronies never fail to screw up a situation. I wrote a while ago Lawwell basically repeated the same mistake 3 or 4 times during his tenure around * over performing managers and going for cheap options.

When was the last time we actually got our main target, manager or players? Followed by a series of complete screw ups Ajeti instead of Toney, Klimala instead of Sporar, Mulumbu instead of McGinn, Izzy returning instead of a competent deputy for Tierney who could have took over when he left, No one instead of Castange or Piccini and Bayo instead of a Dembele replacement to name a few.

FrankMcCallum, The67Sound and Hammy89 like this.