1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Nah, * that. * giving him a chance. Why should random managers get a chance at Celtic?

A step up isn't good enough. We should be hiring the best manager available to us, it's that simple. That's the charge of our board and if the * can't do it they should be sacked.

No way should any random manager be given a chance just because our incompetent board appoint them.

Even if it works out this one time, it's a ridiculously stupid approach to appointing managers. It's nothing more than a dice roll and a hope for the best. It shouldn't be accepted or encouraged at any level - this is the problem.

It's like quitting your job and saying you'll pay your mortgage next month by buying a lottery ticket and winning some money. Even if you somehow get a small win it's not a good strategy and winning one month will only cause more pain when it doesn't work the next 11 months.

joemc and Garrymac1888 like this.
  2. limezer

Would rather have Keane and Nicky *

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. JamesM09

If it's him and if he turns out to be good (lots of hypotheticals), the long term damage will be far more severe. It simply won't be worth it. The board will never again hire a high profile, experienced manager. It will always be cheap punts and the supporters will always say, "Aye but everyone said that about Postecoglou and remember how good he turned out.."

This type of appointment should be completely and utterly rejected from day 1.

5. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Surely as Howe became more interested about taking the job he would have spoken to the guys he wanted to join him, he must know them on a personal as well as professional basis. He should have known who had doubts about relocating, who was happy where they were. Something doesn't feel right about all this. Think we are being fed alot of bullshit from everyone involved.

Let's hope PL kept all the CVS he has been sent and is actually going through them now. He needs to pull of a stroke of genius or else the backlash will be huge.

scootz and Hope N Ur Heart like this.
  6. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I believe i have a couple of the best seats in the park, North stand, Upper tier, front row seats 1 and 2.

For any fans (mugs) wanting a good spot...happily transfer them over.

7. Mr Cleansheets

So even if he has years of success, you'll still regard that as failure?

Well what chance does the poor * have?

craigtheceltic likes this.
  8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Thanks Mike Wise....I feel so much better now.

The Phoenix likes this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Who da * is Mike Wise?

Noskeil likes this.
  10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Now I’ve calmed down from the board’s incompetence, has anyone got any decent knowledge of him? Panic aside surely he must have caught the boards eyes? You don’t just rock up to being a Celtic manager without some sort of talent (I say that loosely).

If what little I’ve read about him he seems to be a winner, what gets the best out of players. Surely he would have good knowledge of the Asian, Aussie market, surely that has to be a bonus.

All I’m saying I don’t get the animosity shown towards him, it’s not his fault he’s been offered a job, warranted or not his application must have stood out or else he’d never have been offered the role.

11. The Dude

That isn't what he said, is it?

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

There's a Morecombe and Wise joke just waiting to be plucked out., its hanging there waiting, but I can't be arsed.

I have no idea who he is, some Australian * I think.

FrankMcCallum and thailandceltic like this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    From someone on the other site who seems to be from that side of the world...

I’ll tell you what I know about Ange. He won the a league out here with a pretty low level side, had them playing good football. Got the national team job, had them playing open and expansive football. Won the Asian cup - the equivalent of the Euros - qualified for the World Cup and chucked it after butting heads with the FFA about their dinosaur approach to the game.

In his time as national manager he changed a lot of the grassroots set up, got them away from the old system that football was stuck in and a wider approach of youth progression. He upset a lot of people along the way, the FFA are an old boys network who would rather do nothing and pick up a wage.

Don’t know how he’s been since he’s been in Japan.

He’s the kind of guy who would smash the A league again but he’s not the man Celtic need after the season we’ve had.

Pretty much every player who has played under him has said he’s the best coach they’ve played under.

Noskeil likes this.
  14. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Love that euphoric melodic feeling when drugs and booze kick in.

MynameisEarl likes this.
  15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I hear ya mate..

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  16. James Gold Member Gold Member

I had my doubts but now that I know @Wisey_9 rates him I'm on board

17. JamesM09

He should have zero chance. He shouldn’t be getting the Celtic job.

If he does well I’ll regard that as him doing well. If he does exceptional I’ll regard that as him doing exceptional.

My point is the long term damage to the club will be immense because it will give the board a licence to pluck managers from obscurity and more often than not that will be a disaster, or at least we will perform far below where we could be with higher quality managers.

Celtic are being left behind in football, not because of individual appointments but because the overall strategy at the club is cheap gambles that suit a board that’s too incompetent to deal with top football personnel.

Stop accepting it.

18. StevieBhoooy!

naah... I’d pay extra for restricted view if this guy is who we get.

MynameisEarl and Garrymac1888 like this.
  19. StevieBhoooy!

don’t get pulled in....

Noskeil likes this.
  20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I'll pay you to take them?