1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Not having that, even tongue in cheek. Our club, the club I have invested time, money and emotion in, to the be treated in disdain for the past year. Forget the rest of the years, 5 way agreement etc etc.The fans aren't even an after thought. We looked shoddy on and off the field last season. We're now a laughing, stock off it. Reputation is in tatters. An embarrassment.

This will be known to any manager out there. That we are a small, narrow minded club that isn't interested in the future or the fans, but exist for a bunch of gammon faced, elitist wanks only.

Hindsight is an amazing thing. But looking back, I reckon our board knew this was gonna happen a while back. It doesn't take this long to hedge all bets on backroom staff apparently no willing to move to Glasgow. They did this in the knowledge, and went ahead and sold players, put season tickets out there and trolling us with the thanks to thousands who bought tickets *.

Apologies if this seems as a rant yourself, its not. But I see no positives, absolutely none in this at all. Yet our pre season starts in 3 weeks. There was no work done in the back ground now. Today shows that. We haven't even got a DoF in. That time and money on a recruitment agency to find one and still nothing.

This thing about contracts now is bull *. Mckay was in contract with the SRU and we announced him. It was common knowledge that he was working away in the back ground for us and was then moved here with no fuss at all early.
    We are a shambles. DD and Lawell are the last pillars of these self servicing * House. Banker and et Al are all pasty's after the fact.

Mckay can do a lot positive but I don't have the patience or the good will to afford any of them this. As they have afforded us nothing but silence, fences, no added value and unprofessionalism. Nor will he be afforded the space and opportunity to fulfil his role.

For me, the damage they have done along with Lennon has set us back about 5 years. I won't forgive them this.

Edit: Even if there's a complete 180 from both parties and Howe is announced. The board have burned all bridges and are outdated and completely out of sync with the fans and ethos of the club.

markybhoy1976 and seanm like this.
  2. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I'd take O'Neill back.

seanm likes this.
  3. The Dude

I have just caught up with the news. Nothing surprises me anymore.

LectersLuncheon and seanm like this.
  4. The Dude

It is 2021.

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Same club that were stock piling development players with zero prospect of featuring for senior team and didn't have a reserve team that played competitive football. Who the * is making these decisions

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  6. Bonobhoy

Get Clarke tae * man.

Hes * dug *,we struggled getting to the Euro's with the * teams we played,hes mediocre at best. Played Israel like 6 times and hardly done * all.

Plus hes already had a near breakdown at the thought of playing the huns and the way they act,let alone actually managing and being under pressure to win.

Vote goes for Diego Martinez,young up and coming manager,plays the youth a lot nad does well with budget.If not him someone like him,younger guy from Germany,Swiss etc.

* the jobs for the bhoy's *.

seanm, Avatar Daizen and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. crazy-horse1977

This was the staring point to this mess. Wave bye bye to Lennon after a temporary tenure with success of a treble treble and thank him for stepping up when needed.

They could have built on the foundations laid by Rodgers, utilised the massive paymemt they got for him, brought in somebody with a bit of calibre, not necessarily as high as Rodgers and rebuilt a squad and football department at a time of relative strength. Instead, they took the cheap and easy option and appointed a man in the showers at Hampden. Then admitted to not considering anybody, as you rightly say. How long has Rodgers been away, this clusteruck has been playing out since then. I am at the point now I actually could quite happily not set foot in CP again with all the * from last couple years.

seanm and AdamRS like this.
  8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Torygraph saying its due the attack on Lawwells House.

9. dmccourt95

That postecoglu came from absolute nowhere in the betting to be second favourite overnight before anything about Howe had been released today and has since been favourite. Clearly someone got wind of it

seanm likes this.
  10. davidhannah

I'm not paying a single penny into Celtic next season as it stands. Not with this board in place. Charlatans and thieves running Celtic. It'll be disappointment.

Partick Thistle in the championship would be more entertaining. Community Spirit fighting to get promoted. Celtic charging £30 for a league ticket, £650 quid for a season ticket, to trouser your money. They can get *.

CH4 and seanm like this.
  11. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    With that happening 9 days ago you’d think he would of come out then and said no, now it just looks like he’s trying to save face.

seanm likes this.
  12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Eddie Howe is a notorious oul wan who got home sick in Burnley. Only job suitable to him is Bournemouth.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Promised myself I wouldn't waste my energy on these * and back from a meal and still feeling empty..

Genuinely think I'm all but done here. This is the worst I've ever felt as a Tim and it keeps getting worse..

The good and the bad is fine and all that but from our position of strength, financial dominance up against our rival's who died and had 4 year's starting off skint, getting mugged left right and centre with diddies....I can't take it. It's the biggest capitulation in history. Nowhere else will you have seen such a fall with what we were up against...and all from our own pondlife rat's doing..

They do not give one single * for us or what they haven't done..

Today is the last straw for me. Scumbag vermin *..

14. green-yin

Know nothing about postecoglu and never even heard of him until today. The board owe us bigtime go out and get a proper * manager. I would have been happy with maresca as it would have been a sign of a long term plan but after letting us believe howe was the man for the past 8 weeks they need to bring a big name in.

seanm likes this.
  15. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'm convinced that the deal collapsed a few days ago at least. The board couldn't put season ticket renewals out without at the very least a name in the frame, so they kept it under wraps as long as they could while they got renewals in.

ddub11 likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Take your pish "I told you so" patter elsewhere. You've quoted me twice now.

Its sad and pathetic, wetting your knickers and can't wait till (Big * IF actually) we get a shocking manager just so you can be proven right. Embarrassing.

Haven't often called folk out on here over the years but you're a * moon unit.

rudebhoy67, Rydo1888*, ddub11 and 5 others like this.
  17. CLLScottBroon8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Being touted him and Keane. My opinion Walter Smith went back to the manky mob and took them to a uefa cup final and win 3 in a row before they died. O'Neil could easily do that maybe minus the uefa Cup final unless we go into that conference thing. I'd take him definitely.

seanm likes this.
  18. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Lot of *. It's because he didn't want Ntcham.

seanm and Artorias like this.
  19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Don't know who else we will get now. Scunnered tbh. If carslberg done * ups...

seanm likes this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Anyone who would take MON back is a * idiot.

He’s done nothing in club football for nearly a decade and he’s almost 70 years old.

We need a younger, forward thinking manager.