1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What if it’s not Howe?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, May 22, 2021.

Discuss What if it’s not Howe? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Here lies the issue, fans will rather pump money into a club that’s shown nothing but distain towards us, then show their anger by not turning up to Celtic vs Ross County on a Tuesday night. The board don’t give a * about that, the moneys already in the bank and paid for regardless.

jude 67 likes this.
  2. northeast67

Go our and get rafa must to but me and many others up, I high doubt anyone of any class will fancy this number now though.
    Embarrassing waiting on howe, and to come out saying it's not his or our fault? * who's fault is is then?
    If he wasn't 100% we should've told him to do one at least 4 weeks ago!
    Leaving it late now and guys like ajer and eddy must be thinking * this I'm out of here.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone who says they didn't want Postecoglu or whatever his name is from the start is a liar

4. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    There’s ‘getting your own coaches’, and there’s making an entire organisation wait til the end of the season to sign your choices. Either unwilling/unimaginative enough to take different ones of his own choosing, or unwilling to agree to join months ago and wait til the end of the season and recruit his men then.

It’s the board’s responsibility - 100% - but let’s not make out that the guy was really wanting to be here and simply got screwed over. Contrary to that sham of an announcement today, the situation was within both parties’ control.

rudebhoy67 and Taz like this.
  5. TheHappyLoss

Going to look even more stupid if Howe takes a managerial job soon. Maybe the board will have to explain why we couldn’t get over whatever the issue was but another club could.

The Phoenix and Artorias like this.
  6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We won’t be looking at anyone new cause our cheap * board will look at who they have interviewed and it will be Keane

James Mc likes this.
  7. KingArtur'1

Fans need to stick together dont give them a penny

James Mc likes this.
  8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Can you back up the statement "Howe wanted to come here" with any hard evidence? Not saying you are wrong, it may be the case but can you back it up with any facts?

The only actual concrete things we have heard on this whole sorry affair are, howes agent said in an interview a number of weeks back that he wouldn't be making a decision on his future until the summer and today the club saying we were in talks but they have broke down due to outside circumstances.

martin_d and Breathnach67 like this.
  9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

What if he takes a job without all the backroom team from Bournemouth?

He then shows himself to be a lying runt.

Breathnach67 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Or Celtic lied.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  11. saltire78

Not really! I think it would be more embarrassing if he didn't. If we offered best we could but he took another 'bigger' job there's literally nobody to blame, like the board said. If we had talks collapse for no reason it makes us look incompetent

12. JamesM09

You answered your own question. Talks broke down due to outside circumstances. By definition that means he wanted to come here.

What’s the suggestion here, that he had absolutely not desire to come here and just spoke to us for 90 days for a laugh?

He obviously wanted to come here providing certain conditions were met, just like any decent manager. I don’t think anyone is seriously disputing that.

13. vortex666

Mckay probably thinking his dream team of Kennedy as manager with his Edinburgh chum levin as dof... That's the levels at celtic now

14. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

And are we to believe eddie howe will not take another job unless he gets all the personnel he desires from Bournemouth? My * he won't.

When Mon came in he brought his own staff. When the rat came in he picked his own staff. Even tm picked his staff. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that eddie howe, what would have been an appointment of similar stature, would have had his choices for backroom staff vetoed by the club. If the reason genuinely is not getting all the team he wanted then it's more likely that one, or some, just didn't want to come here.

And to be frank, if that is the case and he won't take a job without getting exactly who he wants and is unwilling to compromise or unable to come up with alternatives, then he actually comes across as quite petty, amateurish even, and we may have dodged a bullet.

martin_d, honda and Breathnach67 like this.
  15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Lied about what?

Edit: OK, lied about " circumstances ". Get it now, wasn't sure what you meant there.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    TheHappyLoss likes this.
  16. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

So in short, no you don't have any evidence or facts to back it up.

17. scootz

Rumours growing that PL’s car going up in smoke played a part in the u-turn.

Howes family apparently not up for him going to work in the badlands.

Might lend some credence to Celtics statement that it was down to matters beyond their / Howes control!?

18. JamesM09

That’s baffling mate. The statement is there for all to read and it’s pretty clear. I’ve even explained it to you.

You’ve obviously got a rigid wee opinion for some reason if you can ignore that, so I’ll leave you to it.

19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

honda and rudebhoy67 like this.
  20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

What are you talking about? Where did I disagree with you? I asked if you have any facts or evidence to back up your statement that eddie how wanted to come here and you haven't. So you've obviously got a rigid wee opinion that your spouting as fact but can't prove it.

The only things in black and white were howes agents statement and celtics statement.