1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

That's statement is atrocious. Level 5 PR standard. But epitomises the standards and ambition of the board right now.

There is no plan B. You can't sell season books on the back of an "imminent" appoint being Howe, then do a 180 to someone else. They stuck their eggs in Eddie's basket and they have nothing now.

The rest is all spin and deflection on a bank holiday weekend.

I have zero faith in the board to do the right thing for the football club and its fans. The next appointment will be a Pedro Caixinha type, who can nod his head like Lennon to having his staff chosen for him.

Next season was a stretch under Howe with the lack of time and planning. Its now almost out of sight already and the season only ended on Monday There.

The jury is out on Mckay and he needs time to show his worth. But the mentality of the "custodians" is soo outdated and selfish, I fear he will quickly tow the line.

Absolutely bewildered with the club and its board. Never been so disconnected. Angry and gutted.

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Any left sided appointment like a Delia and I’m out. Not a * chance am I investing £1250 in a season ticket to watch * some * from Japan take us too second place. Away * yourself Celtic.

seanm and Peej like this.
  3. StevieBhoooy!

I’m only angry with Celtic for being stupid enough to let Howe string them along....

I have never believed that he genuinely intended to actually sign for us... the backroom stuff is just an easy get out once the club got to the point of issuing an ultimatum.

Fvkkk him!!! If you can’t see a good thing in front of your nose then you don’t deserve it.

Celtic really will be in the ‘sticky brown’ if they don’t have a serious alternative lined up.

... as said before... they are going to have to get David Blane in to pull Rafa and Zlatman out of big cake.

rudebhoy67 and seanm like this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

They'll probably contact fan media again the morra and name drop a Rafa or Favre then appoint a nobody

seanm likes this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We had more chance of gettin Eddie Large ffs !

seanm, Sgt Neppers* and FATLAZYBHOY like this.
  6. Bonobhoy

I wasnt really in the majority of wanting him here,if he arrived then i would give him my full backing,and hopefully proove me wrong.

Im not that fussed about him not coming,its the way he and the board has treated us for 13 weeks over this,and for it to fall apart just before we start getting Season tickets in and a few weeks away from friendlies. The tossers left in charge are treating us like a cash cow,but we are waking up to this.

We have been a joke of a club for over a year now..and now we will be stuck with guys that shouldnt even be managing, let alone managing us.

FATLAZYBHOY likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

What an absolute riddy.

seanm and Wee Baldy like this.
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Christ knows were the board will go from here. Are we going to be presented by some left field appointment from an obscure country who the board insist is going to be the next big thing in management. Im very apprehensive about what they are about to unveil. Disgusted with the whole thing.

seanm and Wee Baldy like this.
  9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I'd still have taken him over Lennon or Kennedy even though he died last year.

seanm, Jacob knows and The Prof like this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Just my guess mate. Based on nothing

seanm likes this.
  11. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * it, bring Wim out of retirement he knows what needs to be done

seanm likes this.
  12. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

The wording in that statement is interesting

"We can now confirm that Eddie will not be joining the Club, for reasons outwith both his and Celtic’s control."

Maybe contractually we couldn't get Howe in just now? And obviously we can't afford to wait around any longer.

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

The board have taken responsibility for nothing that has happened this season it has been deflection tactics and blaming everyone else it's North Korea levels of propaganda I don't believe any of it

14. DonnyCelt

And tbf I reckon we only got Rodgers because he's irish.

AdamRS and seanm like this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Instead of making * statements, the club should actively refund every renewal so far and tell the fans they won't accept payments till they are at least announcing a manager.
    At least give the fans the chance to know what they are buying in to.

* kickstarter level of marketing this is "gonnae sign up to a season ticket, we are attempting to sign a manager and need your support to get this project to the next level"

seanm likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

at least this proves the supposed ITK brigade know the square root of * all.

Looking at you TransferBoy

telle, AdamRS, seanm and 2 others like this.
  17. DonnyCelt

They claim we've had a "free hit" at the CL for years, well we've just handed them the ultimate free hit at the CL.

seanm likes this.
  18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I find it difficult to understand what the circumstances could be that would be outwith both his and our control.

Los Palmas 7 likes this.
  19. Paul McAuley

Bumblebee level of poster.

seanm likes this.
  20. Moustache

This last year may genuinely go down as the most embarrassing period in our entire history.

Regardless of whether Howe was stringing us along or not, the board made a complete shitshow of this. We’ve literally wasted three months of crucial rebuilding and preparation time. If the backroom staff situation was of such importance that the entire deal hinged upon it, then it should’ve been dealt with months ago. Instead, we’ve dicked about, let other potential candidates go elsewhere and, once again, made ourselves look like an absolutely tin-pot organisation.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I honestly dread the sort of candidates we’ll turn to now. If it’s anything like our dealings in the transfer market, I’m not holding out hope for our backup targets.

Last edited: May 28, 2021