1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What if it’s not Howe?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, May 22, 2021.

Discuss What if it’s not Howe? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I've got a feeling it's gonna be Clarke.

2. SuperZidane

I have absolutely no doubt they would appoint Kennedy if they thought that they could get away with it. I don't know what the time frame is for finalizing season ticket renewals. If I was a season ticket holder, there's no way I would renew until the entire management team are confirmed. I am certainly holding off spending any money on the club (Celtic TV, merchandise etc.) until that's confirmed.

I really hope that, after all this, the club can get the fans back on board and generate some excitement next week by announcing Howe and the entire backroom team.

Hopefully, if Kennedy is to stay at the club, it will be in a role not involving the first team.

Dan Breen and JamesM09 like this.
  3. Paul McAuley

The guy that makes the tea for the guy that makes the coffee?

JamesM09, seanm and SteveyNico67 like this.
  4. JamesM09

From behind the counter at the nearest Starbucks.

5. KingArtur'1

Get the welcome roy keane thread up. Celtic never fail to amaze me

The67Sound likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

What the actual * is going on.

7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Biscuit tin mentality yet again from the board, this clubs been ran as frugal as possible. 2nd or first is good enough for the board as long as they make 10-20m of sales each year. Thought we were well shot of this thinking but as seen it’s still very much alive and kicking within the boardroom.

AdamRS likes this.
  8. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    And the nightmares become reality. Nothing surprises you anymore with this board, shower of incompetent *.

martin_d and Noskeil like this.
  9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just when ya reckon things cannot get any worse.
    What a total shambles.

Noskeil likes this.
  10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

So now we are stuck with some second rate manager who knows he’s not first choice, a fan base foaming at the mouth, no * squad and European qualifiers a mere handful of weeks away.

This board are completely and utterly incompetent and must be removed by any legal means necessary.

11. Smithy

Stunned but I probably shouldn't be with this board in charge. What an utter farce.

You just know these incompetent * will have no back up option at all either.

What a joke we are.

12. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Somehow the way this thing had been dragging on forever, knew it. Didn't get my hopes up too much as these things happen and the fact that MONTHS had passed since this first being talked about and still no closer to securing the man, and why posted earlier in this thread to caution against people thinknig this was all a done deal. Sometimes I really hate being right. :54:

Sydneysider likes this.
  13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Supposedly due to can’t agree to back room staff.

Howe : “I’d like x,y and z to assist me getting things going in the right direction, I’m positive they’ll be a great asset for us”

Dd” we already have 3 fantastic coaches here already Strachan, Kennedy and Nei I mean Leil Nennon he’s working in the background picking your team, I think this is the back team to go for Eddie”

14. celticdawg

What a disgraceful way to run a club of our standing , the fact most of us are actually upset at not getting a bang average eddie howe shows how far the standards at Celtic have fallen !!

martin_d likes this.
  15. ddub11

What ever the outcome,when fans get back into the ground(if any still want to go),there has to be a massive backlash form them.
    There has to be some sort of organised protest/demonstration against the board,a mass walk out/boycott of shops/food stalls merch shop, anything atall. Something has to be done to get the boards attention.

They are destroying our club and it needs stopping before we find our selfs competing with the likes of Aberdeen for 2nd/3rd regularly.

16. CountyDownFaithful

Celtic have somehow managed to make a terrible situation worse.

No well-run club or competent business people would leave themselves wide open to this level of embarrassment and scrutiny.

How was Howe allowed to lead us down the garden path for 3 months? Did the club not at any stage discuss the possibility that Howe might not be able to get his preferred coaching staff and what would happen in that scenario?

There is so many failings, once again it it negligence of the highest order.

All that time we had to restructure, plan and invest ahead of next season is gone. We are back to square * one and the season starts in the matter of weeks.

Lawwell leaving only scratches the surface. We should not rest until Desmond is gone too. As for McKay, this is the worst possible start and one he might not recover from.

martin_d, The Phoenix and Artorias like this.
  17. carraigbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

What an embarrassment, is there no one looking at competency of the Celtic board ?

18. celticdawg

Honestly think anything we do has to be aimed at desmond , as well as hurting him financially we should also embarrass him at every opportunity .
    Obviously it will have an effect on the pitch sadly but if we want a better run club something needs done asap , the fact he has stood by and done * all since before xmas when it was obvious we were a shambles shows where we are on his list of priorities !!

martin_d and ddub11 like this.
  19. wulliebad

So we have waited for months for this * guy and its only now we find out there is a problem. well done celtic every day you prove there is nothing you cant * up.

20. JamesM09

For many, supporting the board is far more important than supporting the Club.

21. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Clearly was never that commited to take over in the first... We are better off without him

martin_d likes this.
  22. SteveyNico67

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2021