1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What if it’s not Howe?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, May 22, 2021.

Discuss What if it’s not Howe? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

Hey!!! I like Notorious’s articles ...
    Wanna fight about it

Haha

Howe Soon Is Now?

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ohhhhh is it today? After renewals went out, is it *. Announcement 1st June that we are actively looking for another candidate, please post CV to po box: were incompetent, save our bonus, 1 in a row lane.

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    You’re chronic

4. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

To answer your question Mr Devlin, we would be totally and royally *.

I would also be personally * since I put €150 on him to get the job at 10/11 :giggle1:

AdamRS and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Imagine having that much faith in us haha

Slaw and King of Kings like this.
  6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I would actually find it quite funny, I have to admit, despite the fact it would be detrimental to us.

We clearly want him, but there seems to be some stumbling block somewhere. I think we’ll get him, but it would be typical of the way we’ve operated over the past few years for it to fall through and for us to be left with no contingency plan.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I'm convinced it will definitely be Howe.

How and Why it has taken this long to get the deal done, is a concern. Ultimately, I just want Howe in the job so we can move on.

In terms of contingency plan, In my naivety. I'm confident that we have approached a few others (Patrick Vieria is one that has been mentioned). Not convinced of his abilities. But I don't think we will need to consider others.

8. JamesM09

I think if it’s not Howe and it’s not very soon then the board needs to be removed.

Even from a cynical shareholder point of view that’s a dysfunctional and incompetent board that isn’t fit to run the company.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    At this stage it has to be Howe.

Too much paper talk and fan hype has been left to build, that if it's not Howe, then the club surely understand the disappointment and negative effect it would have (also assuming the alternative would be the usual candidates).

It can't be Kennedy, otherwise they would have done it by now. Equally the fallout would be too great and the club would have been doing more to actively take the light off Howe to save that issue.

It won't be Clark either. Not that I trust a word this board tell the fans anymore, but I do believe when they say they had hoped to have it sorted and also "imminent" then they aren't talking about a guy who's still working with Scotland through the whole of June.

So it's Howe, or someone perceived to be on that level or better.

The fallout would be too big otherwise.
    The clubs left this to build for months now, they could easily have squashed the rumour weeks ago to save themself some agro if it wasn't to be Howe.

Where they are going to get caught out, is if he hasn't agreed/signed yet and he does jump to palace or someone.

There would be no return for this board if that happened.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Artorias and Liam Scales like this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Palace I’m jot too worried about but there’s a very real chance Juventus job will be up soon, the Inter Milan job already is and Carlo Ancelotti’s probably the first name they will look at.

If Everton had to take the slightest interest that is us gubbed.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    For a moment there, I wondered if you was giving Howe the Juventus job :56:

But aye, the merry-go-round is about to start, it's the negotiable that those sort of managers are gonna leave interesting gaps that clubs like Everton would want to look at Howe and vice versa.

Folk always say we can't announce anything til the stock market opens on a Monday morning, I'm not so sure about that.
    But if that's true, then it would surely mean that no secret manager signing had happened in the background either?

Although I dare say companies like mark and Spencers don't tell the stock market every time they hire a new store manager, so not quite sure the stock market would care that much about if we employ a tea lady or a team manager. It in theory could have been signed and kept hush till now.
    But we need to have it signed, as anything else runs the risk of clubs like Everton needing a manager in the soon to be merry-go-round.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    It’s actually freaking me out. How could the board not anticipate the freeing up of jobs in England such are the trigger happy natures of clubs in the PL. I didn’t consider the Everton job opening up but I’d say Ancelotti would definitely love a crack at the Inter job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam Scales and Peej like this.
  13. JamesM09

See now that I think about it, * is going on with Kennedy?

Why is he still here? Why is he still formally the manager? Surely at least an announcement that he has vacated the role is due, since they've actually said "We have not appointed a manager"?

14. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    maybe they are waiting to see how many season tickets sell and if it’s above 40k renewal then they will announce Kennedy as the manager. what about that for a conspiracy theory

15. JamesM09

Personally I think every day the board considers if they could get away with it.

Bottom line for me is if they could appoint Kennedy they would.

I suspect if they can get ~45k tickets on Howe rumours and a guarantee the stadium can stay closed until December, it will be Kennedy or someone like Jack Ross.

The stadium being closed and the "blind faith brigade" buying tickets, in conjunction with stadium fencing ensures the board can do whatever they want.

SuperZidane and martin_d like this.
  16. rickyroma25

Need removed regardless of Howe. Even if you don't take into account their * sensibilities and lack of principles, which are totally at odds with the core support. Their decision making is * abysmal.

The decision to go to Dubai removed any doubt about how stupid they are. Then the banner cowardice. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I need to keep saying it. I * hate them

17. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    We have to hope it’s the story about Howe and his staff unable to move until June 1st due to contractual reasons. I’m quietly confident it will be announced on Tuesday and we can get our great club back on the rails quick style.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I’m completely calm over the announcement. If we are still wondering on June 2nd, we riot.

SteveyNico67 and Wee Baldy like this.
  19. Mr. Slippyfist

What time?

:56::56::56:

Slaw and Wee Baldy like this.
  20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That Wolves ex manager may be a good fit.
    Does look a bit like an Afgan goat herder.