1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Daily Record reporting it. The physio confirmed it in a private mail to another celtic fan I think

seanm likes this.
  2. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’m now of the opinion that it’s 100% Steve Clarke and they’ve an agreement with the SFA not to announce it until after the Euros.

seanm likes this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Negative

That wouldn't fit with their hope to have had it sorted, or with the "imminent" line they used.
    Clark woudlnt be available at least till Scotland are knocked out and that would be the morning of the 23rd of June.

They aren't remotely getting away with waiting another 4 weeks.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Steve Clark wouldn't be available until the 11th of July after he wins us the final.

5. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I hope you’re right. But they’ve hardly been a beacon of professionalism in recent years.

Let’s face it, they can do and get away with whatever they like and no one will do anything about it.

Breathnach67, Artorias and Peej like this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Pretty much, yeah.
    As much as I'm confident it's Howe, I woudlnt either put it past the board to be refusing to announce it, just to test the water with season ticket sales.

See how many will just blindly sign up to season tickets, even without a manager.

Would give them some extra understanding of the fans feelings and how much the board could get away with.

Imagine 45k sign up before a manager is announced.
    Literally the board would know they could do anything and get away with it.

Transfer budgets would be small time, next manager will simply be Kennedy or brown, they know they can get away with it....if of course so many sign up

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    It’s actually a disgrace and a further perpetuation of the ever present gross negligence at our club if the new manager is not announced by June. If these murmurings about Clarke are true then we might as well write off next season as well, not because I don’t believe Clarke is fit for the job (he absolutely is IMO and I think he’s a marginally better fit than Howe) but because the timing is an absolute shambles!

Even if Scotland exit at the group stages, he still wouldn’t be freed up until less than a fortnight before our first qualifier. Moreover, how is he supposed to get more than a couple of players at most in the door in that time?

I understand that it is mere speculation, but tbh so is the Eddie Howe stuff. If it was him, he’d have been announced on Monday as there should be no more stumbling blocks regarding his former club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I trust we will be given a full explination as to why this has taken so long. :42:

The main thing for me is that the last 3 months hasn't been wasted, it won't be enough to just announce a new manager, we really need to hear about how that time has been spent in terms of new signings, a DOF and what the overall set up will be heading into the new season.

It's been a long wait, let's hope it wil be worth it.

Dannybhoy81 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  9. Buster

Maybe they are holding out for him to start on the first day of next season so they don’t have to pay him in the close season. :39:

10. StevieBhoooy!

Sadly ... I think there will be many thousands... even before the renewal deadline. If they genuinely have 17k on a wait list then you could expect a good % of those to pay as well once an open sale.

It will be a good indicator of whether we actually have any fan-power whatsoever...

Something the board will certainly take note of whichever way it swings.

Peej likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    June 1st now seems to be the chat

:eek:

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.
    I already know of folk who have actively added themselves to the waiting list in the past 2 months (after Lennon had left, but not directly in result of that).
    The blind "gotta back the team" "they need us" excuses.

For me, this board is a shambles, the change of the CEO is unlikely to do much to change how things are run (although I really do hope McKay comes in and completely overhauls how we approach football, success breeds success, it brings in money) and for as much of a "for the team" rhetoric folk want to spout, just backing this board with our money is NOT really supporting the team. We know our money gets soaked up and very little goes to the playing squad (of what should go to them). The best way to support the actual team is to enforce change at board level and get this lot OUT of the club.
    Giving them our money year after year just feeds them, not the team.

As you say, sadly, too many will already be happily clicking "agree" to the new ToS that they haven't read.

seanm and Artorias like this.
  13. JamesM09

I agree Paddy.

A huge chunk of our support have decided we have the bestest board in the world despite all the evidence to the contrary and will back them regardless of how incompetent they are.

No doubt if Howe doesn't sign the anger will be directed towards him rather than the board. Some idiots won't even question why no decent managers wants to come here and we instead need to * about for months to get someone decent in the door. Surely that's * worrying?

seanm, FrankMcCallum and Peej like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Conte was on a salary of 13million euro at Inter.
    Agreed a pay off of 7million euro to leave now.

What's the chances that Conte can't sign for another club till his original contract with Inter runs out?
    Zero.

Only in Celtic Board Land do we make this pretend nonsense that we can't announce a manager because of a * Bournemouth contract issue.

Wee Baldy, rudebhoy67 and JamesM09 like this.
  15. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Just clocked the * Wigman in the West End there..

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It would be aye, considering every ‘definitely Monday, definitely Thursday’ ITK * over the last month plus has exhausted all other nonsense available.

17. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    His heid must be roasting in this weather.

Wee Baldy, Liam Scales and Ciaran_67 like this.
  18. horseshoe

You've said it yourself, Inter/Conte have had to come to an agreement to get out of it early. When Rodgers left us for Leicester early they had to pay us to make it happen.

We're cheap as *, I think it's perfectly believable that we'd sit and wait before making Howe official if doing it earlier meant we had to make some payment to bournemouth, or he himself had to waive some payment he'd be getting from them by letting it run to completion.

Wee Baldy, Liam Scales and seanm like this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It was Garden Leave and a bonus on completion from what I’ve read. Which is why Howe’s wanted to wait until the summer on top of not wanting associated with any of this seasons pish.

20. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    It’s got to be steady Eddie all the rumours and chat over the last weeks if he was not interested a Simple statement from him saying
    Celtic job not for me as the physio allegedly said
    The day will dawn

21. DonnyCelt

:56: