1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

California mass shooting. Are we apathetic?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by packybhoy, May 26, 2021.

Discuss California mass shooting. Are we apathetic? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    2.45 pm (GMT) another mass shooting in The States. Currently at 10 dead in an attack at a SAN Jose Rail yard. Are we becoming apathetic about these tragedies? They don’t even seem to be making the same impact on news media channels. Is America downplaying these attacks or is the public sick of hearing about them with a blatant inactivity by the ruling powers. It’s past the point of ridiculousness.

2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Just another day in America, it's just simply a super violent nation..

FCBarca, packybhoy and McChiellini.. like this.
  3. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    As a news headline noted, there are more mass shootings per annum in the USA than there are days in the year. In 2019 there were 419 mass shooting.

4. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

That is exactly what I’m talking about. We have become accustomed to regular mass shootings. The time to take a stand was when the kids were being murdered in their schools. For such a supposed advanced nation they never have a grip on these actions. It’s as if they put gun sales and their right to feel safe over the constant murder of innocents.

5. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Think I just saw today Texas are allowing people to carry guns without a license. Weird place

6. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some beautiful places to see there and such a huge and varied country, but until people just point out they are not visiting until gun laws are changed, nothing going to happen. Sadly the likes of Texas aren’t major tourist spots and states like that hold the power and don’t give a *.

packybhoy likes this.
  7. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    If another country did what happens in the US, in regards to gun violence/mass shootings... the US would invade them and overrule the powers in charge. Joke nation.

8. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    definitely, it’s only may but already there have been 260 mass shootings in USA, a mass shooting is when 4 or more people died

The_Bhoy and packybhoy like this.
  9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    In the UK after Dunblane the Conservative party completely revamped gun laws, 2 years later Labour made them even stricter. Both major parties at Westminster saw something had to change. Over there a school shooting leads to increase in gun sales and both parties just sit there for fear of the backlash if they got strict on guns.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Shouldn't expect any other outcome when any psycho gangbanger or hillbilly can walk into an asda and buy a machine gun.

Artorias, Smithy and Bunk Moreland like this.
  11. Bunk Moreland

It's a sad situation but It's America, how many * harsh lessons do they have to go through before it finally clicks? Guns are the problem and Europe and Australia don't have this * for a * reason. No * guns.

Taz likes this.
  12. Bunk Moreland

Actually they can't buy one it has to be set to semi auto (same gun as the full) though its easy to convert it to full auto.

13. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Same in Australia after the port Arthur shooting, it's just the us this keeps happening, corrupted country

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Fatherless homes and a mental health epidemic are the cause.. not guns. Something like 90% of mass shooters grew up without a father. The home is broken in America and in the vast majority of the west and it shouldn’t be normalised. There are 6,700 divorces every single day in the USA. Fathers lives are ruined in divorce court with laws swayed heavily in favour of women. So much so that women have zero incentive to behave amicably in divorce court.

All of this is the root of the problem, not to mention the insane amount of Adderall that the Americans take.

I’m not exactly sure where I stand on the gun issue.. I don’t think I would enjoy living in a country where a lot of people have guns but maybe that’s just because I’m not accustomed to it. To blame this all on gun laws is too simplified.

15. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    It's more the perpetual state of fear the right wingers are in, I don't know about the 90% of mass shooters came from a single parent family, but I do know that all are right wingers and all watch fox news, I would look there first

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

“ A Michigan State University study found 75 percent of examined adolescent murderers were from fatherless homes. The Centers for Disease Control says 85 percent of children with behavioral disorders have only a mother in the home. Wilcox also says children with both married parents around are less likely to drop out of school, to become drug addicts or to grow up impoverished.”
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.sun...less-homes-20180227-story.html?outputType=amp

“Among the 25 most-cited school shooters since Columbine, 75 percent were reared in broken homes.”

https://www.heritage.org/marriage-and-family/commentary/the-crisis-fatherless-shooters

cas79 likes this.
  17. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Apathy, indifference or simply numb to the prospect of effecting any change - problem continues to be that culturally quite violent and there is no initiative to change that much less the role/question of weapons & violence in it

18. Bunk Moreland

I get where you're coming from but when someone here gets * off there's not a gun handy that's why people don't get shot. Guaranteed that if guns could be bought in ASDA then us taigs would have been targets last weekend. We can dissect it all we like with all the psychology that we do or don't understand but it comes down to two things, angry * and easy access to guns.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If they didn’t have access to guns then there wouldn’t be a mass shooting every week. It’s pretty simple.

Kids growing up in a fatherless home over here don’t walk into schools and shoot them up.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Am I reading this wrong or are you mostly blaming divorce here?