1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by JamesConnolly, Apr 4, 2009.

Discuss The Season Ticket Thread: all season ticket queries in here only in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CountyDownFaithful

Another howler from the Board.

They’ve had months and months to start planning for next season and somehow attempt to rectify the horrendous season we’ve just endured.

They’ve failed miserably once again to forward plan. We are now 3 months on from Lennon going and we are weeks away from the European qualifiers.

If we were run correctly, we would have a new manager in place making plans for next season and starting to assemble his squad. As a support we would have something to get excited about.

We are now expected to purchase season tickets without knowing who the manager will be, who the captain will be, when we will get into the stadium etc.

No one in their right mind would purchase a product or service at £600 without knowing what they were receiving. Anyone renewing today without answers to the above is feeding the problem.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They should've definitely waited another week. *, what does another week matter, we've been sitting waiting for month's for a new manager anyway..

They wouldn't have lost any season ticket holders within a week. They'll still be sold out regardless this year..

Could've just announced it on the same day in a week or just over. Typical board. So out of touch..

Extremely poor and taking the * out of the 10's of thousands who were mugged last season with their value for money..

The_Bhoy, Luis1967 and evilbunny1991 like this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We always announce season tickets at this time of year, and even when there’s not been a manager announcement. They obviously want to give fans time to plan their finances with regards to renewals too. The players come back to training on 17th June and the new manager needs at least two weeks to prepare for their arrival. So this time next week, we’ll know who the new man is, and it’ll more than likely be Howe.

4. dmac

I think the fans should tell the club to come back for renewals when the fans are allowed to attend the matches. The way it is going you could end up only being able to get to 8 games next season so why would everyone want to throw money at the club when the club treat us with such disregard

TheHappyLoss, Peej and Artorias like this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

We don't Minty. They were released on the 9th March last year.

It's their incompetence that led us to be managerless 3 weeks before pre-season, no-one elses.

They knew it would go down like a lead balloon, they just don't care.

Bobo_ likes this.
  6. greenockbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    They way this board are treating the fans is unbelievable, their clearly not prepared for next season but think fans should hand over money! Everyone of them should be ashamed.

7. HenriksRightBoot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This in a nutshell for me. Could the club not wait until the next manager was in the door? June is around the corner, so the appointment must be imminent for many reasons.

The current regime never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Incredible goings-on at the moment, and not of the good kind.

Luis1967 likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Last year was an exception because the expectation for 10IAR guaranteed uptake. Main point is we’ll know this time next week anyway.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Looked back the 3 years prior and they were all released in March with deadline dates of around the 10th May.

If they know that we'll know by this time next week, surely they could've waited til then to announce given we're already well behind schedule?

It's just another case of horrendous PR from the club.

10. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Don't understand why the board think announcing renewals before getting a manager is a good idea, really really poor start for McKay.

I don't agree with the moans about the £50 voucher though, we all renewed last season knowing the T&Cs had been changed, so that was our choice (not getting into a game was always a possibility/risk) i think the voucher is a decent gesture, not sure what more people were expecting.

Regards renewals, I get the calls for people not to renew, however also understand people who want to renew and see it as supporting the team, rather than the suits! I think I will renew but hold off till the last day, for the little good that will actually do, but at least maybe gives them some sort of message.

11. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I gave up mine and my oldest son's books years ago mostly bcoz he was bored and I was missing game's through work. Just now my youngest who's more into Celtic than my oldest is asking if he can get one. I wouldn't buy a season ticket just now just bcoz of the board. Their treatment of the Celtic support is a * disgrace, these same * who didn't listen to the fears of the fans and had the cheek to say we'll look at things in January knowing full well that would be too late. People can do what they want as it's their money but I'll not give these * a dime.

Artorias likes this.
  12. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Going by the poll results above, a 28% reduction in sales is a massive boot in the baws already, and that's before the "undecided" and "not immediately" factors are taken into account. Remember, it's not up to fans to blindly support the team financially regardless, it's the board's job to make people WANT to part with their cash.

If they want to treat Celtic like a business, then they have to offer up something worth buying.

Peej and JamesM09 like this.
  13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Lol I was literally just told this afternoon otherwise, my mistake. :giggle1:

In that case then I'd guess it was left as late as possible to try and have the manager announced before renewals.

14. TheHappyLoss

Internet polls are pish, just a lot of posturing, see the will you take the vaccine thread. I am absolutely fed up with Celtic just now but renewed today cos going to see Celtic is what I do. * getting dragged round shops or DIY crap. People will renew and our negligent board know it.

trackebhoy likes this.
  15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm the same mate. Mine is auto renewed through the club payment system but also paid my boys today. Going to the games with my boy on the supporters bus then going into the pub to talk over the game with other fans after the game is a big part of my life. A lot of my social life resolves round my CSC as we do some amount of stuff together as a group between games, night out & away days.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  16. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    I know the poll isn't a scientific study, but if even 15% of people don't renew it's a huge difference to overall profit, and the board is judged by shareholders on its financial performance, not league points or trophies.

Andybhoy91 likes this.
  17. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    I totally get that

18. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

To say I am angry with this news is an understatement.

really contemplating not renewing. Absolutely despise this current board!

they can ram their voucher up their Tory arses!

Artorias likes this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    You aren't thinking like the money men in charge of the club. They know many people get paid monthly, often on the last Thursday or Friday of the month. They had to make sure they got in before their marks... er the fans... spend this money on petty things like rent or food, and instead hand it straight over to them for the rebuild that is absolutely definitely, no kidding, underway already...

Artorias and McChiellini.. like this.
  20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Class gesture and video. Well done Motherwell FC.