1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Dec 5, 2020.

Discuss The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

To remove this board a strategy needs to be implemented, its going to be a long game.

We need economists to work out how our finances are forecast based on sales and percentage of running costs and try and ensure the money goes in equates to bare brass tacks survival. They will sell players to gain their dividends, we reevaluate and cut the cloth accordingly. Where would I start?
    • Blanket ban on merchandise. Not a single shirt bought.
    • Boycott of all European and cup games.
    • Continued pressure once fans get in with regular protests and planned walkouts. We need to be heard
    • Stop buying from our sponsors.
    * have me raging at half 6 in the morning.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That’s it. Howe is getting announced today. No way the board are letting that response to the Trust hog the headlines. :giggle1:

Seriously though, they are playing a very dangerous game here. Unless they are completely oblivious to supporters feelings (very possible I admit) then they must know how this will go down amongst the support. Not even so much the flimsy excuse given for added value already having been provided, but the complete disdain in which they hold supporters and supporters groups. Point blank refusing to meet the support and then fobbing them off with an excuse about virtual programmes and European matches broadcast after the actual match has finished as proof of added value - added value the board themselves mentioned, not the support - is seriously misreading the room.

Liam Scales, Peej and JamesM09 like this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Reading it back, yeah the "Tory" part is a bit extreme.
    Wasn't quite what I was meaning.

Was more general voting for a party (any kind) then moaning when they win.

Just used Tory as the example because they are the party running the UK at present.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  4. TransferBhoy

Renewals out today troops. Enjoy the £50 voucher

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yeah I saw that on another forum and Twitter before you posted it here.

When is Marsch getting announced?

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I know the Trust and it's board aren't everyone's cup of tea and I accept that but now is the time for the support to stand as a collective against this board.

If that's through a coalition of supporters groups - Celtic Shared, The North Curve, The Celtic Trust, Bhoys, CSCs - then I'm all for it.

Mon now....this is our football club

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Now resorted to posting John James blogs.

AACE6C40-D21E-4CBC-A8DB-01F7A4385C2D.jpeg

People still following this banger :56:

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

David's priorities

Valhalla and Tim-Time 1888 like this.
  9. john2061

We need to organise as one if we have to remove this board and stop buying all merchandise and when it's a bit safer a demonstration outside the main entrance at Celtic park maybe the first friendly to let these clueless clowns we want them gone .
    As a support we might have to sacrifice maybe the next couple of years winning * all but if we can get real Celtic men running the club we can have a better future in the long run but we need change in the board room .

10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Tweets more about the Huns than us.

* an embarrassment.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. john2061

I put a comment on the board thread that David low has said the board will have a share issue but that will enforce their share holding to stay in power if that's the case they can shove it .

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Following the announcement by Celtic that it was going to give vouchers to last year’s season ticket holders by way of ‘added value’ we enquired with them as to whether we could collect these and donate them to causes close to the hearts of Celtic supporters. We have gauged the numbers who would be willing to donate the vouchers and have liaised with a number of local charities working with children and young people to see if they would be able to use them. We are now in a position to explain the arrangements. We have been in touch with 5 local groups (two youth clubs in the south and the east end of the city, a gaelic sports club, an east end primary school and a charity which helps refugees). We are very happy to consider other groups if enough vouchers are collected. All vouchers will be distributed to the groups and to others if possible. We will give a full account at the end of the process of how many vouchers were distributed.

This is a great opportunity to turn what many Celtic supporters felt was a very disappointing decision by the Celtic Board into a very positive outcome for some young people in our city who might not otherwise be able to afford the items these vouchers can buy.

Please send any unwanted Vouchers to: The Celtic Trust, Box 502, 103 Byres Road, Glasgow G11 5HW

In Person

Celtic Trust reps will be at the bottom of the Celtic Way on Saturday 19th June between 12 and 1 (and subsequent dates to be arranged if necessary).

Please contact us on trust@celtictrust.net if you have any queries.

Tomas likes this.
  14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Very good work there by the trust

15. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Lowe finally walks

Feel like the Trust could have really kicked on in the last 12 months if this had happened sooner

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Positive move from the Trust.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

As of today, David Low has stepped down as the Chair of Trust. David, who took over the role at the Celtic Trust AGM in January 2020 has been forced to step down due to pressure of work. In a short statement, David said:

Due to increased business commitments associated with the pandemic I am no longer able to devote the time necessary to fulfil the role of chair of The Celtic Trust and I have reluctantly resigned my position as chair and as a trustee. I shall remain a member of The Trust and fully supportive of its core principles of greater supporter involvement in the clubs affairs and ultimate ownership. I encourage all supporters and shareholders to join The Trust as it is important the Board of our football club are held to account for their stewardship by the people that matter….the supporters.

The Celtic Trust Board of Trustees would like to thank David for his enormous contribution in that short time and we look forward to his continued contribution as an active and committed member of the Trust.

Our Vice Chair, Tommy Brannigan will act as Chair until a permanent replacement is found.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Most important part is the one regarding support for the team and manager. There has to be a huge reception for them to make sure they know we're behind them, or it risks getting things off to a bad start.

Tomas and martin_d like this.
  20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Now I might be interested. The guy was a complete *.

Tomas likes this.