1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foley1888

I agree on spending a bit more on some players shouldn’t be out of our reach. However Dinamo Zagreb now regularly sell players for £12m+ when their better players leave. In addition, Prague sold Soucek went for £17m and they want a serious amount of cash for the boy Sima they have at the moment. They also are better than us at keeping players under longer term deals so don’t have to sell cheap.

Teams like Sparta and Red Star don’t demand the same level of fee as yet, so are well worth a look. Poland seem strong at producing defenders at the moment and Bulgaria have actually got a few good CB prospects. Leagues like those and their top teams are definitely worth scouting.

AdamRS likes this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Seen some talk re Lewis Ferguson signing for Celtic as a replacement for Broony. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want him near the club (not just because of who is uncle is) as I don't really rate him . What do other people think?

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's *..

4. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wouldn’t say he’s *. He’s a decent player and stands out for Aberdeen, possibly there best player right now?

Doesn’t mean he’s good enough for us but he could be, when players play with better players they normally step up a level. Look how well Turnbull has done.

5. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s pish and a hun. Turnbull is much better.

6. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If everyone that was a rangers fan didn’t play for Celtic we’d never have won as much as we have. Actually hate that *. No Jock Stein, Danny McGrain, Kenny Dalglish, Paul Lambert, Scott Brown, Callum McGregor and many many more.

Whether he’s good enough is a different question. I think he could be but I’m not 100% sure compared with when I watched Turnbull I was quite convinced he’d be successful here.

If the price is right he could be worth taking a punt on as we are light in the holding midfield role now only Soro?

7. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Brown was never a hun.

8. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fair enough I might be wrong, maybe getting mixed up as he was there as a kid.

But main point is players being a rangers fan is never a reason for us not to sign them.

9. fms06

In fairness Ferguson is only 21.....hes a good player at his age and will improve.....would become a better player almost immediately with better players around him.......I begrudgingly like him......

10. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Just because he's had one good season at league 1 doesn't mean we should be looking to sign him ffs plenty of players have good 1 off seasons and are crap in general, this guy is a poor poor footballer who's scored goals in a top 4 team in a poor league. He's an Aberdeen player at best, we have someone better than him in Bayo out on loan.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Strikers who do nothing other than score don’t really have a place in modern football - unless they’re banging in 30/40 a season.

Most teams plays with one striker. That player has to be more than just a penalty box striker. Particularly if we want to progress in Europe.

Slaw and Westlondonscot like this.
  12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Yeah, we need someone who can provide to get midfielders scoring 8 plus a season each. They only really have a place as a sub striker when you bring on a goal scorer with 20 mins now. Lots of strikers, including high end level ones from the 90s would struggle in today's game.

13. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Bayo has never scored more than 10 league goals in a season. His best season he scored 13 goals in total, for Dunajska Streda in the Slovakian premier league (3 in Europa). He’s 24, so not exactly a kid coming through.

I think he’s done well for Toulouse scoring 10 goals this season, especially considering how much game time he’s actually had.

Wyke has scored more goals than Ivan Toney did last season (yes in a good few more games) but he’s scored a lot of goals. He’s scored more than 10 goals as well in previous seasons.

I’m not saying Wyke is the answer, was a suggestion of someone who has had a fantastic season. He’s winning a lot in the box and is scoring 1 in 4 chances which is pretty good. He’s something different that on a free transfer, probably low wages in comparison, could really worth a punt.

And Toney hadn’t scored many goals before Peterborough, yet 1 great season and majority of us wanted him.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He couldn't lace Turnbull's boot's..

He's utter pish and it'll be proven as soon as he steps up a level..

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  15. Maestro 08

Turnbull was noticeably better than Ferguson when he was at Motherwell imo. Very classy on the ball and levels above Ferguson for me. The main thrust of the case for Ferguson seems to be he likes a tackle, which appeals to people atm because we've been getting bullied a lot this season. But for me he's not good enough, certainly at the money they would be looking for. I think they are after about 4/5 million.. Turnbull & McGinn cost less than that and he's not at their level.

16. johnno379

Neither was McGregor? At least his uncle absolutely isn't.

17. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    McGregor 100% was as a kid. Dunno how much since he’s been at the club since he was 8. It’s possible I’ve got a player or 2 wrong that wasn’t the point I was trying to make.

18. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think it’s difficult to make that “miles ahead” comparison because they are completely different midfielders with different jobs for their team.

I do think Turnbull is the much better of the two though. I’d take Ferguson if the price was right but o don’t think he’s worth 4/5mil wouldn’t pay more than we paid for Turnbull for him.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  19. johnno379

Seen him play a few times on TV and at games. I remember seeing him at home park in possibly 2018? He was absolutely dog * missed sitters and got sent off. Unless he has drastically improved * that. * makes Daryl Murphy look like a world beater

20. shaunm

Johnny Russell meant to be available on a free,worth a squad place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.