1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    At this point Im starting to swing my opinion away from Howe.

Something is seriously not right with all this.

It's a * farcical notion that either Howe and/or the club won't announce because of him waiting on preferred personell.

He rather wants the job or he doesn't. We rather want him or we don't.

If Howe is indeed waiting on staff from Bournemouth, then imo it doesn't speak very well as to his confidence to do the * job in the first place.

"Here Howe mate? Want a job at one of the biggest clubs on the planet, a European institution, with a global fanbase, the third biggest club stadium in Britain, a chance at silverware and the chance to prove your credentials in the biggest and most prestigious football competition on the planet?"

"Ummmm, can ya hold on for a couple of months to see if my mates can go too?"

What the * does he think this is? A trip to * Butlins?

Now obviously this is an deduced guess, given the severe lack of transparency of our plc.

But we, as fans, should seriously start hitting the * panic button here.

We're apparently looking at players from Hibs? Who is? Who is looking at these players? Who is directing our scouts to go to these places and produce reports? It's not Eddie * Howe, that's for sure.

Official club channels asking that proboscis monkey faced charlatan if he's "looking forward to preseason"?

I'm * beyond "frustrated" as that chimp claims. I'm * apoplectic.

Not one more penny. I won't be buying my family anything from the club shop at Christmas. No more new shirts. No more splurging on the odd game when I make it back to Ireland. No more * pov sports.

Not one more penny.

edit: ppv sports lol. Oul autocorrect inadvertently spilling my search history ffs

StanP19, bhoy81 and joemc like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Was out with my pal who knows his agent and he couldn't get a single thing out of him..

Good news to me..

DennyCelt, JC Anton, mayo and 2 others like this.
  3. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Depends on how you gauge success. Ross has a better record in the league than any of those managers and as everyone knows (except you maybe) a manager's record in the league is more indicative of his ability than the odd cup win.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

May have a contractual clause where he can't until end of the season and there seasons not finished. Itll be something simple like that. As long as he is working away in the background getting players lined up, things set up and a good look at the pish hes to work with it doesn't matter that he's not announced until there seasons over.

If he's still not announced when there seasons over then ill go full brown pants.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    The club have no excuse or reasons about waiting till the end of the season now.

If Howe is not appointed tomorrow then I have fears that we are million miles apart from getting him through the doors.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  6. SteveyNico67

Bourne-mouth have a two legged play off to get into the Premier League

It's my feeling that, if they make it, a lot of the people Howe would want to bring to - going on what we saw last night, war-ravaged Glasgow - will perhaps make a U-Turn.

I am more than a tad worried now.

7. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Its gonna be Howe matter of time till he's announced.

8. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Eddie When tho, I’m gasping for some good news :90:

9. Foley1888

I agree with this. I have a feeling given the nature of statements saying little etc, that it is pointing towards a contractual situation, probably between Howe and Bournemouth. It maybe that he has still been getting a wage from them this season and if he takes another job they are due compensation for that or it stops him getting some sort of remuneration.

If he is announced shortly after Bournemouth are out or win the playoffs then you can bet that’s it. The back room staff story, I have no doubt has some credibility to it but not from the sense of holding up announcing him just whether those coaches join him here.

10. greenockbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Embarrassing how long this is taking, the board are an absolute shambles, I'm praying that as soon as lawwell is gone the way and speed in which we conduct our business changes dramatically

DonnyCelt likes this.
  11. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    In hindsight I wish Lenny wouldn’t have taken the job when he knew he wasn’t bringing his own back room staff! I admire Howe more if that indeed is the reason. If he sticks to his guns now then the board won’t f*ck with him going forward.

12. The Dude

Does everyone know that except me? Okay, then. I will play along.

Lennon has a better record in the Scottish Premiership than Ross. Rehire him. 'But Lennon managed a bigger club.' Do you see where I am going with this argument?

In relative terms, is Hibernian finishing third in the league more remarkable than Inverness Caledonian Thistle finishing third or Saint Johnstone finishing fourth? I would argue that it is less impressive if anything.

Davidson, Hughes, and Wright are more successful managers in terms of major honours. That is the ultimate measure of success in football.

Should a third-place finish and a cup win get you the keys to Celtic Park?

13. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We could go on like this for ever. You're wrong to say I'm objectively wrong. I'm subjectively wrong in your opinion. It depends on how much you value league position Vs cup wins and how much you think winning the championship by 12 points with a championship level club is worth. He won manager of the year when he won the league with St Mirren ahead of Rodgers and Clarke so it's not only me who thinks that was a worthy achievement. I'd say purely from a managerial point of view finishing 3rd in the SPL (unless you manage Celtic or rangers) is more of an achievement than winning a cup. Comparing him to Lennon - he hasn't had the failures Lennon has had - he wasn't great at Sunderland but he wasn't terrible either.

14. The Dude

Whatever.

I am sure that the vast majority of Celtic supporters will agree that none of the four are good enough to manage Celtic, so we can move on.

Crilly likes this.
  15. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Howe's always said he wouldn't take any job till next season, but he's never said why. It's the lack of noise from any other targets or rumours I'm finding most concerning.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Part in bold. I’m sure if you had to ask any of the other teams fans would you rather finish third, Get * all or win an actual trophy? You’re argument would be null and void regarding that buddy.

Every fan would bite your hand off for trophies and see that more successful than finishing third in the league.

17. Sin

Your test results just came through, you're VD free!

18. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That's why I said from a managerial point of view. We were discussing how to judge different managers records. I agree that most fans would prefer a trophy.

19. StanP19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Stilian Petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If the hold up is the staff at Bournemouth, why can’t the club just announce Howe with further announcements regarding his staff to follow? Can’t be that * hard if it’s a done deal.

Getting the hole ripped out us left right and centre!

20. Sgt Neppers*

Agreed. Although if its for the sake of waiting another week, so be it. Waited this long. I'm more concerned about the DoF role. Have we abandoned this process altogether. That absolutely could have been announced.

This club has so many questions to answer but all it does is stick its fingers in its ears and closes eyes to everything in front of it.

DennyCelt and StanP19 like this.