1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    My Mum used to say that so and so had the patience of a Saint. Now, I'm not exactly sure what that meant or if she actually knew any saints however, with everything that has happened (or not) over the last few months re getting a new man in, many of us must now be very saintly indeed

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Another Stacey Dooley exclusive..

Rydo1888* and Marty McFly like this.
  3. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hopefully they announce it 2 min before the scum pick up the league trophy so that on sky sports it’s got big yellow breaking news banners right across the screen “Celtic appoint new manager”

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Apparently the meeting today was a total waste of time we learned nothing we didn't already know and the season books will be out for the end of the month

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Who wants to be in the know, when you can be in the money? All hail John Tennedy!

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    The best time to announce it would be October 2020 but since we missed that deadline, it'd probably be 1min after the huns final whistle blows.

The_Bhoy, lennon11 and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thread here:

Wee Baldy likes this.
  8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    You only have to look at Chelsea who brought in a guy with no CV just because he was a club legend, then bringing in a guy who’s a proper proven good manager, took the same player s in the space of 4 months from a team looking lucky to grab a Europa league spot to a champions league final and an fa cup final beating Manchester City in the semifinals then beating them again last week at the Emirates and more or less guaranteed champions league, good new manager like Eddie Howe will make a massive difference to players already there and hopefully some good signings

Gioventu, Marksman and lennon11 like this.
  9. rickyroma25

I'm sure Eddie Howe would do a good job.

It's not related to what I'm talking about though.

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  11. jambo_cfc

So in reality we hope brentford win so it gets us our manager

12. The Dude

I actually wondered why the * Stacey Dooley was tweeting about Celtic for a second there. :giggle1:

Cena likes this.
  13. SuperZidane

Indeed - I had accepted that it would be after the last game for whatever reason. However, this "making progress" BS is a concern.

Either Eddie Howe has signed up or he has not. If he has, then there is no acceptable reason for not announcing him next week - the stuff around Bournemouth staff is a sideshow.

The fact that McKay said there is "lots of work" going on and we are "making progress" in conjunction with the fact that they are hoping to get the season ticket renewals out by the end of the month worries me.

As far as I'm concerned, if he isn't announced by next Friday at the latest - then it doesn't bode well.

I think Eddie Howe is a great choice but, given the clear out that needs to occur and the fact that it is now less than 70 days to our first European match next season - there is only some much he can do in a limited time.

Rodgers was announced 30 days after Deila said he was leaving - it's now been 80 days since Lennon "left" - I truly hate our board.

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  14. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    But was it not after the league had finished they announced it?

15. Dubliner1

Eddie will be here. Taking a lot longer than most wanted. He needs to bring a couple of his side kicks with him. Looks like they want to announce the manager and his backroom team at the same time. The future is looking good with this man in charge. Lets bring back "The Thunder"

16. SuperZidane

Yes - the day before the Huns/Hibs Cup Final.

If they announce it next week - that's fine. I'm just concerned that McKay's comments did not inspire confidence that it's going to happen anytime soon.

17. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    What was his comments mate? I looked on the twitter thread someone posted but looked very brief and nothing about manager that I could see

18. SuperZidane

He said (with regards to a new manager) that there was "a lot going on" and that they were "making progress".

I had assumed (hoped) that the deal was done and the club were waiting to announce it - presumably after our final league match. Doesn't sound like it.

Also - the club are intending to issue season ticket renewals by the end of this month. I would have expected this to tie in with the announcement of the new manager to inspire the highest number of fans to renew.

It doesn't sound as if Howe is definite and, even if he is, it looks like they are hanging on to see if he can entice staff from Bournemouth for his backroom team.

It's looking like our best outcome is that we get Eddie Howe and his preferred backroom team but have to wait until early June to do so. I believe that leaves less than 50 days until our first ECL qualifier.

If Bournemouth get promoted - it's unlikely that all (if any) of the players/staff he wants would leave the EPL.

I'd be really happy with Eddie Howe but, given the state of the squad, if we have left ourselves hanging around until the end of May to see if we can get his preferred coaches etc - that's pathetic.

I hope McKay was trying to downplay things while JK is still in place and we'll hear something next week but I'm not optimistic.

19. totti-88

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,let the people sing
    I think things will become
    I think things will become clearer in the next week I don't actually know that just feel like it will. Maybe me being too positive. Get the feeling from they comments its more to do with the backroom team and need to see how Bournemouth get on first doesn't mean there isn't a plan b of backroom staff but he wants his backroom team tied in on a deal along side him and come as a package and not mashed together over time. He could already have a gentleman's agreement and be working away in the background but not wanting it fully out there till everything else is in place.

20. saltire78

I'm pretty sure this is all done and that they just want to wait until the scum have their day so that the new guy isn't dragged through the 'what will/did you feel?' bullshit the press would try to grab him for, on a season he had nothing to do with. For the best to have him come in on a clean slate. Let's face it, noone else deserves to be attached to this complete abortion of a year, if they didn't deserve it