1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    And as I said, I'm holding my hands up here to be clear I wasn't one of them.

Take a look at 99% of all posts on this forum regarding Celtic over the last year...we are all fuming.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He took his goal well but he lost the ball a few times when trying to take his man on. He might have been too eager to impress (which is hardly surprising given the very few opportunities he has had) but hopefully our new manager will give him more opportunities to show us what he can do. My main fear for the boy however, is that he will be offered virtually no protection from some of the hammer throwers in our league who will, of course, be given every opportunity to boot him up and down the park by our biased refs.

3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    A young, very talented player wanting more game time is not him having an attitude. It’s simply him recognising what he needs to do to develop.

Give me a young bloke knocking on the managers door everyday wanting to play over someone fading into the background to bide their time, any day.

Honestly, what do folk expect him to do? You can see the team is struggling massively and has played almost the entire season without a right winger. The league has been over for months and you’re still not getting a game. If you’re going into work happy and patient under the circumstances then you’re one in a million, and very unlikely to make it in the game IMO.

4. JamesM09

It's now an established fact that we had dugshite management in place.

They weren't developing any of the players properly. They weren't organising the team properly. They were consistently making the wrong decisions on personnel. That is no longer just speculation, we witnessed it with our own eyes and paid the price for denying it for so long.

Dembele wasn't being developed because no player was being developed properly. There may be some debate over his readiness or speculation on his attitude but there's no debate that the management last season made the whole thing worse.

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The rare occasion he gets minutes he always seems to look like he could score. Glad he got off the mark last night. Hopefully he will be part of the new mans plans and we see a lot more of him next season.

76mark, JamesM09 and Peej like this.
  6. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I would take the huff, we had no wingers at all, forcing central players out wide, and the lad never even got a single chance, much like Soro getting bombed out, poor management top to bottom this season.

7. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's deffo gone!...erm actually maybe he'll stay. :56::56:

Looks like you're the one who doesnt know if you're coming or going pal. Make yer mind up will you, sunshine.

8. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Nailed it

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Big C

Did he not refuse to go out on loan to Queens Park? Instead he stayed not playing for months because, by all accounts, he thinks he’s too good for that level. Time will tell but if his attitude is suspect he won’t make it with us never mind anyone else. So many young guys miss out on the lack of a reserve team where they come up against seasoned pros.

10. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Exactly, he's got every right to be frustrated and I wouldn't blame him for wanting out, will all depend on the new manager though obviously, Howe loves developing players and I'm sure his mouth will be watering at the prospect of developing Dembele unlike our last dinosaur manager.

As you say, would rather a young player taking the huff at no game time than the opposite, I love Slaney but the stories of him hiding in the toilets from the reserve manager so he wouldn't get selected to train with the first team are mental, not the mentality required to be a Celtic player, hiding in the background happy to collect your wages without featuring, I understand Slaney had anxiety issues but you get my point on the mentality required to be a Celtic player.

Dip 'n' Swerve and King of Kings like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This complete and utter drip still hurting over the fact he's been ridiculed over and over on here :giggle1:

HTG and Officer Doofy like this.
  12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    oh dear you really dont react well to criticism do you. I thought you'd be used to it by now:56::56:

13. DonnyCelt

Eddie Howe will give him game time

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Literally just copying my patter after trying to be clever. Lol..

Our own current boss had to come out post match and clear up the Dembele contract situation due to the confusion but aye, the resident vegetable thinks he's played another blinder :giggle1:

Pitiful..

HTG and marti~bhoy like this.
  15. Dip 'n' Swerve

seen him play at the foyle cup and Hibernia trophy a few years ago now - was always the stand out player, he likes to get at players, has a bundle of skills and when on the ball can make things happen.
    like many young players with talent they almost need extra care and attention not to get above their ranks or bigger than the club , they need carefully managed and like any job they are fully entitled into a year long work plan.

I don't think in the last year the club made the best calls for the lad..
    was he ready to go out on loan to another club for game time, if so England or Scotland? was his body ready for it?

hopefully when howe comes in he will surely recognise his talent and bring him into the team - with good players around him he will thrive and be a key player over the next few seasons.

it is good to see him build up his core strength and hopefully matures, from limited game time he has something extra you would pay to watch - and similar to Frimpong - working on his final decision making needs polished up but def looking forward to the season ahead with him involved a lot more .. hopefully along with luca Connell, soro, turnbull & Montgomery.

you cannot expect young lads to be the finished article the club has a duty to chisel away on the player to unearth the diamond inside.

16. Dip 'n' Swerve

that type of club might not suited him - the type of player he is I would imagine after a few games at Queens Park he would be kicked over the hoardings and assaulted in games - the risk of injury was considered I would have imagined, physically it might have been too much - yes school of hard knocks etc but you need an element of being street smart and savy.

it was great when the club was playing other youth European games before CL games for youth development and obv covid hampered a lot of bounce games against premiership youth teams etc.

maybe a loan to a championship or eng div 1 club may have suited more, anyhow it is done now and we have one game to go - start him and wet his lips for the new season with a new incoming manage who thrives of coaching and player development.

that reserve team is always tricky.. it is now known more so as u23 development league..
    imagine a 16/17 year old dembele called into the reserve team / u23 team and in the changing rooms speaks to someone like...Ralston who says ' you have no chance of breaking through the manager doesn't give youth a chance look at me etc' .. dembeles enthusiasm is quickly shattered etc... one of the most important roles in a club in managing the reserve /u23 squad and keeping confidence high and a close link to the first team etc.. often the best chance is jumping straight into the first team as the reserve /u23 squad can be like groundhog day with no sight of career progression which results in an unhappy camp etc.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  17. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Dembele stole ma kebab one night, true story but no one believes me.

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

spot on..

if the club want to progress forward they should maybe explore something similar to European youth mini league games when they were in the CL groups. / Europa ( usually it was the morning before the CL games) . a 2 tier youth / u23 system league -it would help all the players thrive - there would be plenty of fans interested and something like Eurosport could show live games. an element of prestige. obv post-covid. The club would need to bring back their full network of scouts and try to compete. If the players are guaranteed something like 18 games a year (9 at home and 9 away) across Europe - it would help attract and keep players at the club and show how they are developing.

these young plays playing games against the youth teams of Man City, Basle, Milan, Lyon etc etc..

as we all know there is no fitness and keeping sharp unless your actually playing some form of competitive football.

Peej likes this.
  19. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I've always thought he could do a good job for us one day.

20. celtic warrior

He has to play more.

He has the talent, regardless of size to be a great asset on the pitch for us.