1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jambo_cfc

Next game should be

......................barkas.....................
    Kenny........walsh........ajer.......taylor
    ........................soro......................
    ................turnbull.....moi...............
    Dembele......................montgomery
    ........................griffiths.................

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hopefully Howe comes in and starts utilising Dembele. Whether he’s going to fulfil his potential or not remains to be seen but it’s clear he has plenty of ability and could be a regular fixture in our squad.

seanm and martin_d like this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Glad to hear he's got another year left, give him a senior contract and a 2 year deal, and ease him into the team. He can compete with Forrest next year.

seanm likes this.
  4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Thats brilliant news to be fair. He needs to be playing more next season. I honestly think we have a ready made replacement for Forrest in him and will need game time, even switch him to the left flank.

Think the lad has a massive future with the club.

5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Really should have seen more game time wit Forrest out injured this season

6. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    This is all down to lennons tenure

not only have they * up the ten this season, but they’re actions, regarding not playing Dembele, could have far reaching consequences beyond the heat and now

rumours Dembele wants away. Would this have been the case if he got more game time this season, also if he then goes on and lives up to the hype, then how many millions down the line would we have list out on

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Starting to second guess and make up scenarios in my mind.

It's baffling that Dembele is appearing in these last couple games now.
    Lennon was dead set on not utilising him at all, and Kennedy seemed very happy to follow suit.

Kennedy first game in charge he acknowledged the need for width in the side and promptly put laxalt at left wing, weirdly the one side we had some width to begin with, while ignoring the right wing issue (one of the big issues if the season).

Yet after as month of speculation and rumours, with Howe now being ramped up in the press again, I think we are all now sure that Howe has the job and knowing his nature, he will be doing his thing from afar.

Rumours are that Howe gave the nod to letting klimala leave.
    We also know Howe likes to play with two wingers (with pace).

It's not beyond imagination, I reckon, that Howe has telt Kennedy to get him some game time here and now.
    Wonder if we see him at the weekend as well, would be really telling if he does.

If this was to be the case (totally made up nonsense from me of course), then it probably would go a long way to getting the wee man back in the mood to commit a little longer if he can truly see a new manager coming in, with pedigree, willing to help him develop.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. Maestro 08

Ifs, buts & maybes. Go back a page or two and he's getting grief for being a wee prima donna, too wee, too light weight and generally not all that now he's back to being the 2nd coming and management have messed him about. Every time someone puts in 1 decent performance this season there's the inevitable 'should have played more' shout. Dembele is right where he needs to be. On the fringes and starting to get eased in. If he's good enough he'll play more next season. If that happens and he's smart he'll hang about for a bit longer and maybe establish himself.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'll happily say right now, I was not one of those ones calling him out.

I've been fairly consistent in saying that the club, specifically the coaches, have wasted this lad till this point.

He's played two levels above his age all the way till he hit the u18, at which point there became no development league/reserve league over the last two years and he hit a blank point.

The league itself is to largely blame for the lack of this, it's going to ruin a lot of young players.

However when you're a kid of Dembele potential, playing at that sort of level and get to 17 and have no immediate next level, then the club and coaches needed to recognise his development needed to be getting the odd start and 15 mins we have seen this past week, two years ago.

Completely on Lennon and the coaches at this point.

The fact rumours came around of an attitude problem is not surprising, I'd have a * attitude if I was fully in belief if my own ability and got to a stage in career development that meant by manager basically neglected me and left me with nothing.

The hope really is that it's Howe coming in and will work with Dembele, Montgomery, Welsh, Robertson, connell, etc..

Dip 'n' Swerve and King of Kings like this.
  10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    If Howe can get his head right well then that's another position he can mark off his list with Forrest and dembele covering right wing and have a look at shved during summer.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

11. Maestro 08

Wasted what tho. You're talking as if he's a super star when he's actually been getting stick from the fan base. Now it's the management ruining him cos he scored a goal. Loads of * ups this season but when you start seeing the same people on every thread pointing fingers at every single minute thing it just loses credibility. The fact you think Dembele is well within his rights to have an attitude is plainly wrong and says more about you. He's a very young player and needs to earn his spurs. If he actually APPLIES himself correctly and he has the ability then he will hopefully see more game time.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wasted his time and talent here.

I don't think I'm wrong for expecting the club to develop what is the most hyped/potential youngster if the last decade for his age.

He got to 17 and his next step was first team football, hardly a crime that he wanted to be involved and rumoured to take the huff when refused chances.

I'd be fuming as well, when you look across Europe and see players getting time.

13. Maestro 08

Aye he's right to take the huff and have a stinking attitude. Any more top tips on professionalism for aspiring young players? As I say go back a page or two and he's getting grief from your fellow fans. P.s you are always fuming, I think you're happiest when you're complaining.

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I do not think anyone can really say what's been happening with this kid. We are all just guessing.

I'd love it if some of our youth started breaking through but they must be good enough on a consistent basis or what's the point.

Peej likes this.
  15. JamesM09

It’s up to the management to handle attitudes, not just patch them completely at the first hurdle.

If you can’t handle a developing footballer with an attitude problem then what are you doing in football management? Actually, in Lennon’s case it’s starting to make sense now.

Peej likes this.
  16. SteveyNico67

Do we own him for a longer time than 1 year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Maestro 08

Before we all debate his supposed bad attitude and the handling of it we should maybe remember that it's pure speculation. Going on what I do know which is what I've seen with my own eyes is.....he looked average in the game he started but recent sub appearances have been decent. So maybe, just maybe he's rarely featured bcos he was just not quite ready but is starting to get there in terms of coping with the demands of mens football. Or is that too simple and not accusatory enough.

18. bhoy81

You could be into something there. If that’s the case it would be fantastic and that he is now looking at the whole squad.

What the annoying thing was people stating rumours about his bad attitude etc when clearly it’s not the case.

Maybe the boy has a high regard for himself and thinks he is good enough to start most of the best players in the world have that arrogance that makes them want to better themselves.

This lad is a real talent and * Lennon wasted him for the last 18 months and done * all with him.

Made up he had another year to go, we should be getting him signed to at least a 3 year deal over the summer.

Peej likes this.
  19. bhoy81

To be fair Matt how do you know that he is not been applying himself?

Just look at the way Lennon left out Turnbull and Soro.

Look at the way he has not given youth a chance at all and was forced into it via injury or due to a player not being able to play cause of cards etc.

It is mismanagement, look at poor Scott Robertson as well, recalled to sit on the * bench! Even Henderson is another.

The club asa whole has been mismanaging the youth players for a while now and we need to rely on them more than ever after coming out of the European Union.

The modern game is changing all the time and managing these young players is completely different to when players where humble and had to scrub boots and clean the stands for £45 a week YTS money.

Yes some players have egos I get that but some of the in the know * that people said that the wee man has a stinking attitude etc could and probably is a load of *.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    The_Bhoy, King of Kings and Peej like this.
  20. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Seen him play regularly when he was involved in the Unders, was impressed with his ability with both feet(should be a basic for all players really). Warm-ups he was firing in shots from 20 yards with both feet. Control of the ball, changing of direction and has the burst of quickness that gets him the time to deliver or make passes. There was an obvious and noticeable difference between him and those he was up against. I hate when discussions about players fall into the category of physical markers. He was going up against a bigger and more physical opponent, but he worked and competed well. And in the position he plays, he doesn't have to a cloud hugger.

In terms of attitude, I never saw anything outwith the norm for boys of that age. Spoke with someone who played with him and it was a similar opinion. And spoke with a former teacher, who again held the same opinion.

As for this season, I can see the argument from both sides. I would worry, based on the state of the first team this season, it would have had a negative impact on his development. I do however agree that you only find out by giving him the opportunity. Would like to have seen more game time in the last few weeks and last night would have been ideal for a starting role. St Johnstone made changes and have their eyes on the Cup Final. As close as you could get to a no-pressure environment.

As for his performance, the goal is a sample of what he can do. And maybe next season, we will get to see a bit more of it and on a more regular basis.