1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul67, Dec 17, 2010.

Discuss Celtic Supporters Thread (contains GB chat) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This is the first day in a long time I’ve spoken out about this on here. So I’m actually having a day on.

You have a point though, getting passionate about this on here again has just reminded me that debating it with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon.

Simply put, if there is anyone on here who is opposed to the solidarity shown by The North Curve today and has actually immersed themselves in the horror of the last few days, yet still thinks it was inappropriate, is * dead inside.

If they haven’t done their homework on the terrible situation but are still arguing the toss in here then they are * idiots.

Nothing will change my mind on that.

Left, right, Muslim, Jewish... doesn’t matter. This is a humanitarian issue.

2. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I'm even more incensed now tbh

There's very clearly a huge tribute to Broony.

So for the club to imply the Green Brigade "abused" their position to get into the stadium for ulterior motives is reprehensible.

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

In that lies the issue the board and the support have never been further apart

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Broony in front of Palestine flags? That’ll be him dropped tonight then?

Can’t be making political statements Captain.

5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

My bad. That’s an old picture. Probably more significant to be honest.

Man I would actually cry if Broony came out wearing a keffiyeh tonight.

The Phoenix likes this.
  6. The Dude

You are right that a single voice will do nothing to stop the violence, but many voices might, and, contrary to what you and others have stated, time is of the essence: the violence is escalating by the hour, and our so-called leaders have washed their hands of it.

Now is precisely the time to agitate for someone or something to step in and de-escalate the situation because people's lives depend on it.

The people who are committing these atrocities wish to present them as a conflict between two equal powers - Team Palestine (the aggressor) and Team Israel (the victim) - because they know that the partisan nature of politics alienates people.

Who wants to delve deeper into the intricacies of yet another political dispute when the football is on? Both sides are doubtless as bad as each other. Leave them to their squabbling. Or at least put the debate to one side for now.

That politicisation distracts people from the fact that it is a humanitarian crisis and allows Israel to continue its programme of ethnic cleansing.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Like many have said already, literally shows how out of touch and disconnected the board and owner is from the club.

It’s actually fascinating to see, not just at Celtic but with the clubs down south too. Football is and always has been a working class sport, where we can take a day off from the grind and enjoy something. These chairmen and board members, often with zero interest in football or the club they’re on the board with, have now decided that football is a big money business and the fans are only customers.

Fans are being asked to spend more and more money in stadiums or for their club, yet we have less and less say on how it’s being ran. There needs to be legislation on all clubs to have a % of share to be public/fan owned, this way the fans are not fleeced without a say so.

The Phoenix and Sean Daleer like this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

The fact the board have stopped posting their statements on social media speaks volumes. They know they are wrong and would face the backlash. Cowards!

The Phoenix and The Dude like this.
  9. saltire78

Broonie is a legend, and deserves a much better send-off than he's gonna receive, but... comparing the need to rub the ego of a well paid, perfectly happy/safe sportsman; who isn't even retiring but just changing job vs the chance to stand against innocent people being killed and having their homes and places of worship blown up/burned down?

Is this really the state of public debate in our era?

The Phoenix, Sean Daleer and The Dude like this.
  10. The Dude

Would any other national flag have elicited such a response from the club?

The Phoenix likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’ve never agreed with you more on here than I have today.

That’s what I love about this club, doesn’t matter how much we disagree about one thing, we find common ground on another.

We are a broad church, rooted in passion and sympathy for the downtrodden and oppressed.

Noskeil likes this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Does our board actually have any idea re what is happening in the world or the general consensus amongst our fans have re Palestine?. They are so out of touch with the principles on which our club ere founded. Tory feckers

13. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Well thats clearly not a little Broony flag so my greviences are Quashed!

14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Completely agree with this as well, everyone has opinions, some we agree with some we don’t. But on the subject of a nation being repressed I can’t have anything but empathy for them.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The board are taking an absolute pounding on the replies to this tweet.

The Phoenix and rickyroma25 like this.
  16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

17. Mr. Slippyfist

The board are a complete disgrace.

Nothing that I can add hasn't already been said in here about them in this regard.

Would they have acted in the same manner if it were an Isreali flag showing? Nah.

* them.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We’ve been taking the knee in solidarity with an oppressed minority all season. That was popular though. No politics, unless it suits the filth running the club.

Get them all to *.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

Correct.

Taking the knee for Black Lives Matter.

Rainbow Laces

Cancer *

Minute's silence for Ol' Phil

None of which have anything to do with football.

At least we know that our spineless scum board only allow fashionable political agendas take place within CP. Palestine are clearly seen as the terrorists here in the West, and Isreal the poor victims.

Should probably take a knee for Bitton tonight while we're at it.

20. fms06

Just when I think the plc cant get any lower they pull this stunt......absolute * each and everyone of them who supported this.....people are being slaughtered......and while some believe what difference will it make, to some Palestinians who would see their flags at games in the coming days know that there is solidarity with them......it does make a difference having that.......

Wee Baldy and Easter Rd Davie like this.