1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    To an extent, I’ll admire the shithousery if they announce Howe the day before the Huns lift the trophy

2. seanm

Not a chance more likely announced the day before our first CL qualifier HH

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Samaras agent tweeted that the hold up was the release compensation in his contract and then he deleted the tweet

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    DD and his board need * chased.

Covid -19 has shown their true colours. It's exposed their utter contempt for the fans and how low they are willing to sink when fans can't get in their faces

I don't give a * if we announce Howe on Sevcos title day, romp to next year's title, do 10 in a row and get bought by a Saudi sugar daddy who wants us in a CL final...

these * need to be reminded at the earliest convenience that they are not wanted here anymore.

5. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Yes, this season has been calamitous and many many mistakes were made, but I think a lot of the 'board dont have a clue what to do going forward' folk may eat humble pie. Patience is a virtue. There is a pent up demand for news, they have factored all that in already as they know it'll boomerang towards major season ticket and merch sales when they announce a positive news story (yes, i'm still confident it's Howe, not linked with any other clubs of late either).
    Football fans are binary in their thinking, love or hate and the club know they will get people back on side fairly easily.

And as mentioned before, when a billionaire majority stakeholders name, reputation and business are at stake of embarrassment he himself will not let his stuff turn to * overnight, even if it is for massaging his own ego.

Hence why i'm happy to wait it out, personally. They will deliver, at least on the short term.

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’m loathe to believe anything else after how many false dawns we’ve had from “ITKs” over the last couple of months, however it does seem like Thursday could be the day.

Apparently McKay is doing an online fans forum on Thursday. This would be incredibly naive from the new CEO if he didn’t have good news to share.

AdamRS likes this.
  7. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Season tickets mate.. its that time of the year, nothing more than a PR stunt with the usual "greatest fans in the world" (giz your money).. I really hope I'm wrong

8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Usually I would agree, however McKay is meant to be a PR expert and this is his first public engagement with the support. Would make sense for him to be the one to start the process of lifting the mood of the fans. Time will tell and I'm definitely not getting my hopes up. We will know soon enough.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    If its anything like the wafflefest we got in that statement last week I wish him well.. PR expert in my book is just another word for complete spoofer.. bad move even from DD and Co. to send him out infront of us without anything after last season.

As you said let's wait and see..

76mark and Sean Daleer like this.
  10. JamesM09

One of my biggest gripes with Celtic is the PR. Good or bad I can’t * stand it.

Fair enough sometimes they can’t reveal exactly what they’re doing. We get that, we’re not stupid.

But see all this, ‘watch this space’ marketing * - it just makes you feel so much more distant from the club.

It makes the whole thing feel like an upcoming Superhero film or a new video game being teased.

It’s a * football club and the fans aren’t children, they’re grown men and women with strong football knowledge.

When you appoint managers and coaches, release that information without daft pomp and ceremony.

You know why? Because the marketing * continues to make the support feel like customers and when the ‘product’ you’ve been marketing turns out to be * then you get the same backfire that Apple gets when they release a bendy iPhone.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    All good and fair, if it wasn't for the fact this board has been dragging us to this situation for 18 years.

12. SteveyNico67

The only thing that calms me now is there’s no way the board will, after this delay, appoint a damp squid nobody. It will be a statement of intent after almost a decade of complete dominance. Nothing lasts forever: sure we wanted we craved the 10 but I’ve come to see it as the Holy Grail you can’t achieve - look at Juve this year for example - they fell apart too.

I fully expect as posters have said above now it will only be announced to take heat off any hun media when they’re celebrating that’s their tactic now. It’s a good one. No point announcing anything till it’s done - dusted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Agreed about ITK's. They've been shovelling more * these past three months than in the past 18 transfer windows combined.

Where'd you hear about this online fan forum?

Any danger it's gonna be another DD "interview" with placemen making spurious queries, pre agreed by PR? Or can we hope someone's gonna ask wft is actually going on?

14. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    * some of us could be deed by the time they name a new manager.:rip_1:

15. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm quite relaxed about it all now. I'm sure it's gonna be Howe and I'm sure there's valid reasons why he can't or won't take over til summer. I'm also sure that Howe, knowing when he is starting, is busy behind the scenes giving the club a list of targets he wants brought in and also setting in place an infrastructure he feels he needs to do the job properly. I think when Howe is announced a few signings will be unveiled in the days afterwards.

My only concern will be CL qualifiers with a new squad and tactics yet to gel and find their rythme.

76mark likes this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Same every summer :39:

thailandceltic likes this.
  17. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Unfortunately very true. If only we had a proactive board who seen the long term advantage of spending some money before we actually qualify instead of waiting to see if we do qualify before spending.

JML67 and LectersLuncheon like this.
  18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    They've been pulling that * for nearly a decade.

Waiting for qualification, or waiting for Windows to close in other countries to get cut price deals on unwanted players.

They're a * bargain bin board.

All the excuses of a different financial market just simply don't wash anymore, especially when you lose out on one of the best midfielders in the country after haggling over 450k with 30 odd million sitting in the bank.

Look at sevco ffs. They haven't two penny's to rub together, but scraped begged and borrowed, It was a huge gamble but one that paid off massively. If they make the CL they're on easy street. This season should have seen them collapse, giving us a free run at euro football for the extended future, build financially and grow into at least last 16 competitors.

The fundamental question that needs asking is what exactly is DD's endgame here? He has zero intention of personally financing any footballing improvements, or indeed selling his interests. So what the * does he want?

His MO appears to be to dominate the domestic game at the lowest price possible in order harvest returns at a steady growth. Jobs for the boys and a game every 4 years.

His presence is a complete * misnomer. Which gives cause for suspicion imo.

The bunnet came in, invested his own money, revamped our stadium, our team, our entire ethos as a business, he then sold his shares for a tidy profit and sauntered off into the sunset.... to EVERYBODY'S benefit.

What the * is Desmond doing? Whilst our board have been * about with hotel and museum initiatives, our football department, the entire * basis of our existence, was being left behind the modern game.

This cloak and dagger manager appointment is just more of the same imo.

It doesn't matter WHO takes the job, the status quo will undoubtedly resume after a few trophies and half decent profits on our best players.
    Nothings REALLY going to change unless DD packs up his moustache and his puppet board members and * away off.

FAN OWNERSHIP is our only salvation from these monkeys.

19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    We’re in a global pandemic. Catch yourself on.

Talk about ‘too soon’, fs...

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Come on now...