1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Loved him without reservation until this season, he'll not fit the mould in the EPL and I couldn't give a *.

2. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Jesus... did he fire into your bird m8? Easy to forget how well he’s done in the previous seasons. He’s played in a rotten team with * coach’s this season, think that’s where the problem lies and not him personally. But nice to hear you’re sending him best wishes. Too many punters on here, clearly are privalleged. I for one, wish the lad all the best and thank him for the joy he gave me and many others amongst our support.

luboagain likes this.
  3. LTPS

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sign
    When you thank him for the joy he gave you also thank him for stealing a wage this season, not giving a * about the fans that financed his millions and for being part of the * (and he was a massive part of that since he downed tools) that resulted in the complete collapse of this season

charlietully and rudebhoy67 like this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Rodgers taking him to Leicster would make some sense. Not quite the levels as Lyon or Arsenal (yeah yeah, league tables and all that), but it's a big step up and if he turns it on, he wouldn't be there too long before someone snaps him up again.

Don't get the anger towards him (or a lot of players) when he is still scoring 22+ goals this season, in a * season that we all openly accept has been * by those in management.
    He hardly ever looks interested, that's his demeanor, but he is still banging them in - albeit I do agree the past 3 weeks he has looked VERY off it. But a few weeks, I aint going to suddenly hate the guy after 4 years.

5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

I for one blah blah blah blah

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It wasn’t just down to playing in a * team he was part of the reason why it was a * team, every time he got the ball nonchalantly trying to take on 4 players every time and losing it,a get he’s quite a laid back guy but that’s no excuse for prancing about the park half heartedly and not really giving a fk, his performances and attitude this season was terrible

rudebhoy67 and LTPS like this.
  7. TheHappyLoss

If he’s interested he could be a very good player.

Hammy89 and 76mark like this.
  8. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    I’m sure you’ll be more than thankful of the millions we get for him. You can’t have it both ways. Either that or you’re living in fantasy world. In my time since the late 70’s, there’s been ups and downs, players leaving players coming, euro cup semis, centenary doubles, huns winning 9, near bankruptcies, UEFA final, new stadiums, us winning 9, etc etc. I thank them all, for the good times & the bad, simply because they’ve played for the club i love & ive learned to live with the fact that nothing is ever constant.

9. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Basically it was a bang out of order comment and if you truly believe what you said you seriously need to check your moral compass. It’s disgusting comments like that, that the world of social media is trying to stamp out, most recently over the last week as I’m sure you’re well aware, but to you it’s probably blah, blah, blah.

StanP19 likes this.
  10. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:
    Oh no, It's the morals police.:74:

James Mc and The Phoenix like this.
  11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I do not dislike the guy but I am fine with him being sold this summer. It seems he wants out and by many accounts has wanted out since last summer. Yes he has scored 22 goals this season but he never hit the heights and certainly did not get much done in the bigger games. All I care about really at this point is that we get a good fee for him. Hopefully we can match the 25m we got for Tierney and that money can help us rebuild.

76mark and StanP19 like this.
  12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Will go on to be among the top strikers in the world, gonna miss him, irreplaceable talent on our budget, just like Forster, Van Dijk, Tierney and Wanyama.

76mark likes this.
  13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I dislike anyone in any profession who is earning good money and is not doing the job to his full capability. He certainly did that this season (along with the rest of them). KT, Big Moussa and Victor etc. were professionals who continued to give their all for the team and that I why we remember them fondly whereas Eddy will be remembered as someone who downed tools in our most important season.

ddub11, Cringer67 and eire4 like this.
  14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I despise the * with a passion..

15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I still have a wee nagging thing in my head that Covid had a big affect on him, still got lads working with me who are struggling months later.

I like the boy and don't want to believe he downed tools, also think he's an amazing talent.

If he did down tools, then he can go * himself and I wish him a mediocre life.

76mark likes this.
  16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I guess for me I was never as big a fan of Edouard even before this season as many others were. Just hoping we get a good fee for him to help with the rebuild.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  17. Cringer67

I’ll put a £50 bet on for charity that he gets nowhere near one of the “top strikers in the world”. Whether that’s this seasons bitterness rising to the surface for me , I don’t know, but I don’t believe he has the attitude to reach that level. As we have all witnessed. I’m happy for charity to benefit however.

18. Cringer67

Agree completely. And for that reason, I can’t see him reaching the very top. Ability wise, he has it. Mentally, he’s light years away.

19. Born green

This might be a controversial opinion, but 22 goals is no where near good enough for a Celtic striker. Years ago, Hartson said (when he was still playing) that a Celtic striker shouldn't be scoring less than 20 goals a season. I fully agree with that. 22 is the bare minimum, in my eyes.

Add to the fact that we had over 50 more shots on goal than Rangers (in the SPFL) but were still outscored. Turnbull by himself had one of the highest chance creation stats in Europe. I'm sure a picture is being painted here.

Yes, Christie, Ely and some others are to blame for those stats as well. But I'm sure most Celtic fans can recall many squandered chances that Eddy should have buried. Not to mention the myriad occasions where he held onto the ball too long, when a shot or pass was on. He needs his indecision coached out of him, if that's even possible, otherwise he'll achieve very little after leaving us.

eire4 and martin_d like this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    While I do think Eddy should have done better, 22 goals is still decent. 3 out 4 seasons knocking in 20 plus goals, Dembele managed it 1 out of 2,Griff has only done it twice over 7 full seasons and Hartson is a guy who you see sticking up for Griff all the time.