1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Who else have we been linked too recently?

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Went all quiet mate now transferbhoy has vanished

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Important goal big waghorn penalty last 10 minutes to keep them in the championship

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yeah watched the game.. Roberts missed a one on one running straight into the keeper. Other than the goal wasn't too impressed with Roberts.

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree mate, guys got talent, silky wee player but since he has left us he’s done * all

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pretty strange take going with her won't be our manager..

I don't know what you're expecting at this stage but it's pretty obvious he's gonna be our next man in..

Rumours have been hotting up about him and no one else really for a while. From Hughes as DOF being a stumbling block. His contractual situation still no sorted at Bournemouth yet. The fact Bournemouth haven't finished their season and the backroom staff out the door yet. Likes of. Burchill being down there and the chances are that leaks will start appearing the more people have been sounded out in the deal to bring him in etc etc..

7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Either the board is making Howe wait, or Howe is making the board wait. Either option screams institutionalised incompetence from the board.

If it's latter, we should tell Howe to * off. If not and he eventually takes the job, he will have burned alot if goodwill with the fans before even putting a marker on a whiteboard.

This farce has been going on for too * long, and is not only frustrating the lives out rank and file fans, but could may well chop into the ST revenues for next year.

Everyone at this club should just get to * asap.

Peej likes this.
  8. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

There is literally no logical reason for not announcing it if it were done and dusted. In fact it's the complete opposite.

Same as there is no logical reason to believe he is waiting on coaches and backroom staff to become available before committing.

Likewise the notion that despite not having been announced yet, therefore not in employ of celtic, he is somehow working away in the background identifying players. Makes no sense either.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

What's strange about it? It's just the facts as things stand. Howe was approached weeks ago and the only other thing to emerge since, other than speculation and rumours, was his agent saying he wouldn't be making any decision on his future until the summer.

The notion that nothing I being announced because we are waiting on backroom staff from Bournemouth seems really odd. My original point/ question was- what if they decide to stay at Bournemouth or go elsewhere? What happens then?
    Even if it is a given that they are coming why would we not announce howe then the staff at a later date. The club is crying out for a bit of positivity and it benefits absolutely nobody delaying it.

If it is all playing out like the rumours and speculation suggest then it really sounds like we are being strung along. Waiting on Hughes - not happening. OK, waiting on backroom staff now. What next? Waiting on certain players becoming available?

10. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    This is more complicated than the Brexit negotiations. If he is * us about get him to F—— . Here’s hoping he is working hard behind the scenes and we are all jumping up and down soon

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's strange that you don't think he'll be our manager, aye..

Was he no taking a thorough look at behind our scene's for 6 week's reportedly? That was a while back..

Stephen McGowan and other's have repeatedly stated how relaxed both side's were and how close it was just a week or so ago..

There's been no other link's whatsoever..

Well I'd imagine whoever he wanted would follow him up..

12. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Wonder who sanctioned the move for klimala? Somebody has determined that he isn’t good enough and shouldn’t be here next season

13. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    This is a worry who is making decisions about our playing staff when an incoming manager who has agreed to take the job may not agree with what’s getting done

14. fms06

I believe also Howe is coming in.....However, let's say he isn't, people viewing the board as dilly dallying or incompetent. What if they want a quality manager in, what quality has been available (realistically available) to us the last few months? They must recognize the coming season is a CL season worth 30m+. They know they cant afford to get this wrong....

15. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

It is my opinion that he won't be our next manager based on the info we have at hand. Which is he was approached weeks ago, nothing is finalised yet and his agent stated that he wouldn't be making a decision until the summer. Admittedly, It is also an opinion increasingly fuelled by a deep sense of panic. I will be delighted to be proved wrong and * hope I am very soon.

What I find strange is people will choose to believe rumours on twitter and speculation from the Scottish media over eddie howes own paid representative.

StanP19 likes this.
  16. dmccourt95

Got told today that the talk Howe is over the line is bullshit, that news was from the kit event on Tuesday so may be out of date but doubt it knowing Celtic

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    His agent said he'd make a decision in the summer.. its the summer mate :67: I get your sceptical and so am I, this is Celtic after all..

18. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's spring.

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Not in Thailand.

20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Autumn then?
    If so it's worse than I imagined. Summers been and gone and he still hasn't made a decision.