1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is this our update?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DEADEYECFC, May 7, 2021.

Discuss Is this our update? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Do you ever give anything substantial to any of your posts about celtic except mentioning your true love torys? Who geez a *. If they vote snp does that mean they'll spend more on our team? No. So give it a rest and actually criticise them for a * job not an imaginary vote

Belgian_lad and Brian Dunphy like this.
  2. TheHappyLoss

I’ve been a Celtic season ticket holder since before Andy Walker was a snivelling soup taker and I haven’t received the clubs bland email. Ragin!! :47:

3. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I do not think this is an update released by the club just someone catfishing and I’ve been a ticket holder since Johnny Doyle booted Forsyth in the balls in the 10 men won the league season and I didn’t get an email either

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  4. TheHappyLoss

:56:

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Saw Strachan’s comments in the press about the fans and the club. There’s something thoroughly unlikeable about him and I think his words here really captured it.

"Does any other business tell you what they are going to do? Do Apple tell you beforehand what they're doing? Do they phone the local tabloid and give them the heads up so they can let the world know? No, they announce it.”

Yes, plenty of others businesses tell their customers and shareholders exactly what they’re going to to do. Apple give frequent media updates on a like-clockwork schedule telling their customers exactly what’s coming in terms of new products, and changes in company direction. You’re * right they would communicate with shareholders about potential changes at the very top of the company. How well a company communicates to its shareholders is literally one of the metrics a company’s shares are valued on.

"People are saying that Dominic McKay has to come out and say something. Why? Why does he have to say something? If you've not got anything of clarity to say right now, then there's nothing to say.”

Because doing nothing is an active choice and doesn’t absolve you of responsibility. The customers who account for a massive proportion of the company’s revenue, expect to be communicated to in an open and honest manner. If they feel like that’s not the case, they’ll feel more distant from the club, and quite rightly not put their hard earned cash into the club.

"We have this notion that the fans need to be consulted on everything. No they don't. No other business consults anybody.”

Just....idiotic. Every business of any size or calibre consults with their customers, keeps a close eye on what competitors are doing, and looks at ways they can do things any number of things better, sometimes using outside consultants. I mean, if the suits aren’t actively engaging with the support and trying to accommodate their desires (within certain limitations obviously) they’re simply not doing their job.

Basically he’s a bit of an idiot who clearly takes the view that fans are daft and not worth the time of day. He speaks with a level of certainty and confidence that certainly isn’t warranted based on his own knowledge of the subject at hand.