1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

Spot on.

When they were staring at the Abyss and Gerrard was ‘hingin on like a thread’ -along came Covid and lockdown and from there as we’ve imploded they’ve stayed consistent: without Covid, he’d have been sacked and we’d be 10INAROW legends. Instead of just QTrebleDouble9InARow winners.

Thems the facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SteveyNico67

Previously, I’d settled into the viewpoint that it’s gonna be Eddy Howe and the the reason for the delay is Bournemouth’s promotion push, as he wants his own men in the dugout.

Now, assuming they do get promoted to the untold riches of the premier league in England, how to * is Desmond gonna convince these men to leave a rising ship to revive a dead horse?

It’s 72 days of communication blackout now and no less fascinating.

Maybe just give RogicToes the gig, with Callum D as his No.2 and TransferBhoy head of Recruitment

3. DonnyCelt

Sick of this * now. 72 * days without a replacement for Lennon. We are a * pathetic excuse for a club. So badly run its unreal.

johnboy19 likes this.
  4. SteveyNico67

Put your hand up if you remember this, clear as day. Battered bruised and 21 points behind the old EBT Hun club, this man came, saw, conquered. In one season.

Everything is possible

#Positivity

[​IMG]

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No. Especially with all the election coverage

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I dont think your getting what I'm trying to say

Its his coaching staff responsible for their success he's just the face of it. Beales the mastermind behind it. Ex players have said the same thing in interviews

That weird Gonzagabd1 character on twitter is saying it will be announced next weekend

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  7. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Different times. First of all, it’s looking increasingly likely that we will ultimately fail in attracting a manager of at least some stature from England (that being Eddie Howe of course).

Secondly, do you think the man coming in would have the funds available to bring in the players O’Neill did even if we weren’t in a pandemic?

I reckon we are a year behind and least and that is thanks to the negligence and incompetence of our shambles of a board.

8. SteveyNico67

Sure we are in different times.

But if You Know Your History

In 2001 - what happened wasn’t even remotely considered

And then when Rodgers swept in to replace Ronny in 2016, no one could have foretold that staggering success

With the right managerial appointment - a new DoF, some key signings and a dust off of the cobwebs of this horror season and it’s not unimaginable that we could see what was a total meltdown in 12 months become a massive success in the same time period

Sydneysider likes this.
  9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You think sevco will spend like rangers did that season MON won the treble? Because that’s the only way your analogy works.

They are a seriously aging team with ridiculous amounts of debt. Get the managerial appointment right and we will put them back in their box.

10. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    Can somebody please photoshop Callum Davidson’s heid on this pic? Cheers.

Sydneysider likes this.
  11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    PicsArt_05-07-10.22.38.jpg

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

History repeats itself as so much time passes. Cant wait for the upcoming European final we will win this time!! EDDIE HOWE INCOMING!@

13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Agree. With the exception of Patterson, the only players they have who could remotely be described as ‘young’, ‘up and coming’, etc are Kent, Aribo & Hagi.
    The latter two will likely be away in summer, and Hagi is like a young Nacho Novo - inconsistent bit part player who the Huns wet themselves over because he backs himself a dillion and occasionally pops up with a goal.

All the others under 30 are average (or just above average at the very best, in the case of the likes of Helander), and are simply well coached.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    When they eventually do announce a new manager, whoever it would be (still convinced it's Howe at end of season, just wish we would communicate with the fans in some fashion), I hope we all treat the club with the same contempt.

Sure, announce Howe and a dream team of backroom staff, but I'll take 72+ days before I buy your new shirt, or the ST holders will take 72+ days from the announcement of renewals before they give you(the club) a response.

Even if they pull this out the bag and give us a complete restructure that rivals Ajax, Leipzig etc, even if we win the next 10 league season in a row(sorry, too soon I know), there is absolutely no excuse for the way they have treated the fans this season (and let's not pretend it's just this season, it's been decades now).

"Shoppers" will * haunt me as a tweet the other week. Says it all for how they view the support.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers*, martin_d and JamesM09 like this.
  15. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Are there any other rumours that he's getting unveiled next weekend apart from that Gonzagabd1?

16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Callum Davidson............
    Callum Davidson...........

Got his own song now

The Phoenix and martin_d like this.
  17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

That man inherited a team that contained Larsson, Moravcik, Mjallby, Lambert, Petrov and McNamara.

It's also worth noting when Martin was appointed he was a manager at the absolute top of his game, in a job at the time and in demand elsewhere. He was also given a budget that year that no manager had had previously, or since possibly.

18. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Can imagine it to the tune of the Wanyama song:
    Callum Davidson, Callum Daaavidson, Callum Davidson. Davidson! Davidson! Woah-ohhh. Woah-ohhh.

CH4 likes this.
  19. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony