1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Stopped reading at "his stadium"
    Jackson is a * at the best of times, but the fact that even the press are now referring to things in terms of desmond owning the stadium (even legally it isn't his) really does further emphasis how folk see football fans, from "journalists" to boardrooms.

We are customers. Nothing else.

It's our * stadium, not Desmond's!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 and Marie like this.
  2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Even more so at the Record lol

bagforlife, Sean Daleer and murphy88 like this.
  3. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Really beginning to worry me now that we’re no further forward as to knowing who’s going to be in charge next season. What the * is going on behind the scenes at Celtic? Shambles.

CountyDownFaithful and DonnyCelt like this.
  4. crazy-horse1977

Hello darkness my old friend.......

5. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Heard we’re signing that young, dynamic, up-and-coming, progressive Chinese manager . . . Win Wun Soon.

Sorry, it’s best to have a sense of humour in times of adversity.

6. SuperZidane

I have no idea how much the share price has moved in the past (if at all) to be honest. I think the term is something like
    " information that could have a material effect on the price of traded shares".

I'm guessing that the share price may well go up if Howe is announced.

If a PLC is deemed to have fallen foul of this rule - the financial penalties can be severe.

I guess the club are, for once, being professional and ensuring they can't be accused of that.

7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Ask and Dom will speak.

Apparently, an interview is being released today. No idea if it's just a * intro. Or anything of substance responding to key matters like new manager or anything else important.

8. SuperZidane

Couldn't be any worse than that BS, scripted, say nothing one that Desmond released a while back

HoopswithPride and JamesM09 like this.
  9. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I admire your belief in this board not being able to repeat the same failures

10. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can’t believe the Callum Davidson chat is still going on

He’s had a great season for St Johnstone, and if he wins the double then maybe one of their best seasons ever?

But, he’s been in the job 6 months, I’ve not seen the brand of football he plays as exciting (admittedly not seen them much) and he’s not even been there long enough to have a go at qualifying in Europe.

He won’t be the next Celtic manager obviously but if he got St Johnstone into EL group stages and did respectable and maybe they came 3rd in the league next season he could maybe be considered.

Anyone that suggest managers like Steve Clarke though will hate it. We like attacking football, watching us this season has been boring and I’ve not enjoyed it at all. We need a manger that likes to attack and press high. That isn’t Steve Clarke from anything I’ve seen.

Eddie Howe fits this style but there are plenty of other managers out there who would suit us as well if the club did there research properly, it doesn’t have to be one of the usual names or Eddie Howe or a manager in the UK.

Really hope we just announce someone soon.

11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Keith Jackson actually made sense..feels like we are living in an alternative universe... look what you have done to me Celtic.. I read a Keith Jackson article about Celtic..This has gone on long enough, make it * stop now Celtic, for the love of *...

12. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Maybe Jackson is right and there is a big master plan and they are waiting for the last pieces to fall into place
    And the big reveal will take place at paradise 5000 fans in the main stand Rogers esq it will be at the end of the season both Scottish and English season

And the day comes ice machines on mist billowing out of the tunnel and there the worlds media have been called sky cameras all news agencies as well to see the greatest unveiling of a manager in football history with bated breath and whispers you hear the names of Guardiola, Ancelotti, Koop, Zidane, and Flick the commentator is building up the moment the screens are showing our quadruple treble highlights and fans are chanting YNWA and the atmosphere could be cut with a knife the mist parts and shadow figure makes his way out its Dom McKay the greatest PR Guru and CEO we have had and behind him is the hunched figure of Callum Davidson (double cup winning St Johnstone Manager Maybe) and some time Uber driver in Glasgow the fans stop the silence is deafening then a lone voice shout well at least he knows the streets of Glasgow

13. RockhardBoss

With a proper structure in place, that plans for managers leaving, a guy like Davidson would be fine to have on a shortlist of 20 up-and-coming coaches that are showing good signs, to monitor, review and analyse his performances. We are just so far off having a modern structure like that though.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

4 St Johnstone players missing their semi final due to Covid.

Callum Davidson in the mud, imo.

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Celtic fc has changed their profile picture on facebook twice in an hour for some reason. * knows what that's for?

The_Bhoy likes this.
  16. allan26

Eddie Howe might turn out to be the right man for the job but I do have some concerns. His record in the transfer marker does not stand out as particularly good. Yes, there are some exceptions such as Mousett, Fraser, King and Ritchie but the vast majority of players he signs lose value or are loans. However, there is no arguing his record with Bournemouth which is impressive. If he is to be our manager I hope the delay is down to him wanting assurances that the board will provide the support that he needs to succeed at Celtic. If not Eddie Howe, I'd be looking at Alessio Dionisi or see if we could temp Dejan Stankovc.

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It was changing from the One Club Unites thing, think they put it back to the quadruple one then realised they would be better off just with the crest seeing as we are utter * and those days are gone

At least that's what happened with the insta profile pic I think

The_Bhoy and muaythai postie like this.
  18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    No because as far as I recall Bournemouth were backed rather well in the lower leagues to get promotion season after season compared to the other clubs around them

allan26 likes this.
  19. The Dude

*tumbleweed blows through*

20. CountyDownFaithful

We’re supposed to assume that silence is good news. That narrative would suggest that the Board know what they are doing and we just need to be patient...

If this season has shown anything it’s that we can’t trust the board or have any faith in their ability to plan effectively and make good decisions. Silence makes me worry.

How long are we expected to sit back and accept this?