1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Bet your bottom dollar there will be lots of communication when ST renewals are out

seanm and Dan Breen like this.
  2. Rossm1888

Just heard from my sources that the Eddie Howe deal is off with DM deciding to go with a dynamic new manager named Francis Lemon

interesting times ahead.

Attached Files:

seanm likes this.
  3. seanm

Tóry çúñts HH

CH4 likes this.
  4. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If the Howe deal falls through I think Kennedy could be their back up plan ie no plan or idea whatsoever

The Dude and JamesM09 like this.
  5. JamesM09

One thing we know about this club is they never ever plan beyond a few weeks.

When we need players for a position due to circumstances it’s always a scramble. When we needed to replace Lennon there was absolutely no contingency plan.

I think it’s safe to say they’ve went for Eddie Howe.

If that falls through, we will have zero serious back up plan. It will be a scramble to get someone in at the last minute.

dmccourt95, James Mc and The Dude like this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Not at all. Withhold the money as long as needed- either they give in and start to act more professionally, or the money dries up totally and the leeches * off, starting with DD.

7. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think they might pull the Howe pulls out at the last minute card and shove Kennedy in as the full time manager and secretly that was their plan all along.

we will get the usual claptrap statement in 2 weeks of we spoke to lots of potentials but we felt in this late hour with the new season starting early and the time of big changes both in the boardroom and on the field that it was prudent to stick to a person within the club who is a known factor after the targeted manager we went for pulled out. We wish John and his coaching staff all the best for upcoming season

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No chance it'll be Kennedy

callumrae1967 likes this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

It's getting to the point where I'm almost past caring next season is a write off as well at this stage for me regardless of who comes in. We will need almost a full new team and I don't fancy our chances of making any group stage

10. Wullywanbaw

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Zombie nation
    Smoke signals incoming??

11. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Reality is due to the financial landscape of where we find ourselves in European football, playing it smart and prioritizing a solid base at the back to build the team on has to be the plan for Europe, otherwise we open ourselves up to some of the skelpings suffered under Brendan. I realize he got us through CL Qualifiers during the first two seasons but seeing us play the way he wanted still seen us concede 4 goals during both play offs to HBS & Astana, we shouldn't be losing 4 goals to those standard of teams over 2 legs.

From everything I've read on Howe, he seems to adopt a lot of the way Brendan likes to play, which excites me domestically but concerns me for Europe. Callum Davidson has achieved miracles with St Johnstone in only his first season in management, it's miracles we need to go far in Europe again and if Callum Davidson is that man then I'm not a snobby * to turn my nose up at him just because he'd be arriving from St Johnstone.
    Have a word with yourself ffs, if you've done your research on Howe, his arrival should be giving you major concerns for how we'll do in Europe under him, we'll play great football domestically but in Europe it seems like we'll be as open as the burds in Diamond Dolls on Mitchell St, I want a manager who will have us playing exciting football domestically but be smart in Europe, if Callum Davidson is that man I couldn't give a * that he's coming from St Johnstone.
    Just pure snobbery from you, do you think Howe could deliver the League & Scottish cup for a team like St Johnstone in one season (I know they've not won the SC yet but I can't see past them for it)? * he couldn't even deliver Bournemouth the League 2 & League 1 title when they were getting pumped full of money in the lower leagues.

I honestly don't get the snobbery from many within our support, Callum Davidson is on the brink of an unprecedented achievement in only his first season in management, he's made a team that costs no more than Ralston yearly wage solid as *, how can you turn your nose up at someone who could be the next top UK manager and is showing all the signs that he could be? Bournemouth are hardly much bigger than St Johnstone anyway so you're purely basing your snobbery on all that EPL hype. I believe Callum Davidson would set us up better for European nights than Eddie Howe.

12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Gonny no say that, just, gonny no

13. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If Howe falls through, Steve Clarke or Callum Davidson will do

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

Callum Davidson - we that bad ? Steve Clark will be in the Euros how can we go for him? we would need to wait until after the Euros to approach him and compensation etc.

It is up to Desmond and how much he is willing to pay the new gaffer and promise on transfer kitty.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just having a look to see the latest on Howe and * are talking about Callum Davidson :90:

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Go away

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's OK but, Broonie badges are now available...

18. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Fair enough. I seen that we announced on the stock market that Lenny got the bump so thought as we are a PLC on the London Stock exchange, we’d need to announce a new manager as it can effect the value of shares. I must be wrong then.

19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    What do you mean are we that bad? Do you think Howe could deliver St Johnstone a League & Scottish Cup double in one season? He's showing great potential as manager, if he goes to England and keeps impressing he may become out of reach
    Callum Davidson is achieving miracles at St Johnstone, the kinda miracles we need to go far in Europe
    Naw, grow up

20. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Callum Davidson!

Our bar is now so low Shemika Campbell the world record limbo holder couldn't get under it.