1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Bain

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 31, 2018.

Discuss Scott Bain in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

Wit ? :56:

Hold on let me do one..

Try blaming Stevie Woods mother, must be absolutely useless if she can't birth a man that can get a decent keeper out of ANY of them.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Woods can only * with the * he’s got, and he’s got 3 honking dicks to work with.

Sydneysider likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ridiculous that he’s been starting for months on end. He’s utter pish.

Barkas hasn’t been good either but at least give the guy a proper run in the team. We know that Bain isn’t even good enough to be our number 2 keeper, never mind first choice.

He was backup at Hibs ffs

4. Crilly

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It’s unbelievable that a team like Celtic have 3 goalkeeper s and had 4 strikers and as good as edouard and Griffiths have been in the past, this season all 7 of them have been utter *, fair enough we didn’t get Forster but Gordon who we let go is still a far better goalkeeper than the 3 we have

Lennon1888 likes this.
  6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Can’t really blame Stevie woods, could have Buffon and Peter schmeicel as our goalkeeping coaches but if you have 3 pretty poor gk to start with not really much a goalkeeper coach can do

JamesM09 likes this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Woods is a class goalie coach but he’s no a * miracle worker.

Bain is run of the mill SPFL class, Hazard is useless and Barkas is the goalie version of Teemu Pukki - never built to play for Celtic in a million years.

8. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Surely to * you’re joking with this?

Stevie Woods is quite literally the only member of staff at Celtic who I completely trust.

Bain isn’t anywhere good enough though.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Bayern Bru likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's pish but he was only at Hibs for 3 games :celtman2:....1 of which be couldn't play as it was against his parent club.

10. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Absolutely won the lottery getting a move here never mind being part of treble winning sides etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smithy, The Phoenix and ladbroke8 like this.
  11. besty7

Fav Celtic Player:
    johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    you don't half talk done rubbish .
    Woods would have been instrumental in choice of keepers coming in , if he's a top class coach how on earth could he not get the best out of of any of the keepers who have come in .How he's had no critism amazes me .
    Bain can't even do the bread and butter things such as catch a ball ,he's no intention of coming for crosses , regularly kicks a ball out of play or floats a ball to a player who is put under pressure , Can a coach not sort this out ?
    Barkas came in with high hopes , he's a bag of nerves and looks like he's not played in goal before .
    Hazards been here for years and still not capable of playing with any consistency, yet the coach is exempt from blame , come off it.
    Can you imagine if teachers couldn't teach every pupil how to read and write to a level where they could do a job and this is in situation where some kids couldn't give 2 hoots about education, yet they still manage.
    In football you've got players who no doubt want to be the best they can
    They don't even get to chose who they are going to work with, so does that mean a teacher can turn round and say that it's the kids fault.
    Woods, with the manager would have been involved with selection of the keepers in and he still can't get a decent keeper out of one of them .

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  12. JamesM09

It’s only 09:30 and this has made my day.

Just the thought of Woods trying to teach Bain, Hazard and Barkas how to catch a football is amazing.

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. besty7

Fav Celtic Player:
    johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Amazing , impossible I'd say
    But carefull, you'll be late for school

14. JamesM09

It’s fine I’ll blame the teacher.

Or Stevie Woods if you prefer..?

15. Maestro 08

R.e Woods.......If you consider what his remit is I can get with the view that he's not had his finest season. He gets the plaudits when Forster has a top season etc then he should take some criticism when our keepers to a man are having a stinker.

Is he able to improve an average keeper to a good one or improve the confidence of one that is struggling or are we saying he can only do well when he has a top class keeper to work with.

Bcos let's be honest when the keeper is top class u are prob just keeping them ticking over the real yardstick should be elevating an average keeper or at the very least the keepers u have had to work with from very young should be top notch. We've never brought through a keeper under him.

If every man and his dog is getting the cross hairs aimed at them then Woods shouldn't be exempt. As I said the keepers to a man have been honking.

16. john2061

The three keepers on the books at Celtic are pish pure and simple and the number three keeper last season Scott bain says it all about this season and would release all three .
    The two keepers that have impressed me this season in the Scottish League have been the Dundee United keeper and the Motherwell keeper but both would only be the number two at Celtic and think we need to look further afield for our number one keeper .

17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The problem for me is it’s beginning to look like Woods can only pish with Forster.

Every keeper we’ve had has had the same problems that Woods seems unable to sort out.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  18. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Wouldn’t even have him as second choice to be honest. Too much of a liability to take charge of defence.

AdamRS, Dan Breen and Wee Baldy like this.
  19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Absolutely no point in keeping him, not even half decent back up keeper. He will never get any better, this is as good-or bad as he will ever be. Punt, try get a fee, and get a decent trustworthy back up keeper, like Marshall in. Again, like so many on our books, suspect we will be stuck with him.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Players like him who at best are SPL level (this guy was backup at * Dundee) will never earn as much at any other Scottish club bar the Hun, you can't really get rid of them unless you loan him out and even then cover most of the wages.

ladbroke8 likes this.