1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Der Hun v Celtic Sunday 2nd May 12:00 Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CheGuevara, Apr 22, 2021.

Discuss Der Hun v Celtic Sunday 2nd May 12:00 Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

how come sevco were able to ban andy walker and we couldnt

2. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    We need to get rid of at least ten diddies in the summer and replace them with talent.

3. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Er, aye, or when a few weeks ago a Polish Celtic fan was lynched by 3 hate filled, white supremacist, neo *, spastic, * hun filthbags, this was an 'Old Firm rammy' i.e. horse play / high jinks according to the Scottish Sun.

Did the blacks in the southern states of the US really have it much worse? I mean, * me, we're still getting lynched

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

4 of their back 5 would walk into our team. Any of their midfielders over Brown. Kent would get in ahead of Elyounoussi. Might be more I’d take as well tbh.

Our team and squad is pish. Seriously pish.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd still take Jullien and Ajer over Goldson and Helander..

Ajer or Jullien would be first picks for them in my opinion. It's how they're set up and coached. They have 2 sitting midfielders effective whi sit infront of the back 2 and let the fullbacks bomb on..

We're so disjointed, setup terribly and with a 6 infront who can barely move..

Also horrendously pish keeper's behind them..

The beast
    Tavernier
    Barisic

Again I'd have Turnbull over Arfield or even Aribo personally. McGregor over Davis or Jack..

Kamara in over Broony of today and because we've no seen enough of Soro yet..

Forrest in over Hagi or whoever they have on the right..

Edouard is still a much better player than any of their striker's..

Kent would get in on the left just now..

That's 5 out of 11 as it stands. We definitely need to improve as individually I do still think we have good player's and better man for man overall but they're a better team that know exactly what's required and asked of them..

6. Onefootwonder

Rangers have a remarkable defensive record this season, but I still can't agree that their defence is good. Us and any team they've played in Europe rips their defence to bits. I have no idea how us and many others have missed so many chances against them. We've scored two goals against them this season and it should easily have been ten or more.

Goldson keeps getting caught out badly and Helander spends half the game on his *. They are both weak players and Tavernier is also a poor defender, yet teams keep failing to take advantage.

Over 30% of shots on target against us end up a goal. Only 16% of shots on target against Rangers end up a goal. All the teams in the Scottish and English premier League are all around the 30% mark between shots of goal and goal conceded. Yet teams need twice as many shots on goal against Rangers to score.

I've said all season that their goal has lived a charmed life. The stats show that is true.

bagforlife likes this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    There's genuinely only one talented player in their squad. He's of zero value though as he's 39.

McGregor should be a stick on for player of the year by some distance. They're * if he picks up a long term injury at his age or when he does retire. We've shown how difficult it is to replace a top class keeper.

bagforlife likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I completely agree..

There was a stat where they were third in he table domestically for chances against/shots saved..

We were right down the table..

They're setup better but individually they're still rank rotten. Goldson is slow and Helander is probably the slowest in the league. Both have a habit of leaving the arm out, holding or blatantly pushing attacker's in the back that are away from them (Goldson speciality). A Hun on for our cup game actually pointed out that Helander gets away with having his arm's out and fouling. Might have been Weir that said it?

The main reason why they don't ship as many though is the beast in goal. Time and time again he keeps making saves at crucial moment's for them. There's an argument that team's choke more against them when presented chances as well whereas they fancy it more with us as they know we're flaky..

Tavernier is no great defender, same as Barisic..

bagforlife and Hammy89 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I'll give McFadden one bit of praise and he did say that the beast is on for poty and for an unbeaten in the league champion outfit...that probably says a lot..

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    The amount of money we * up the wall on “projects” also annoys the * out of me.
    5m for each is not a drop in the ocean so who sanctioned these purchases!?
    It’s a double Schiedt situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StanP19, Wee Baldy and bagforlife like this.
  11. JamesM09

They're no where near as good as people make out. We're no where near as bad as people make out. The covid situation and our cronyism management has conspired to gift them a title. Put fans in the stadiums and a competent manager at Celtic and we win the league and another cup this season.

I remember this same * when Deila lost to them. All our players were *, they were better.

Next season those same players went 100% genuinely invincible and the huns came third.

gazb1888 likes this.
  12. ddub11

Its really dont matter how good they are once they are better than us and as things stand they are.

People on here saying how * they are when their leaving us for dead is laughable.As i said they dont need to be great they just need to do better than us and they are.

Maybe people feel better by thinking they are * but its irrelevant,they won the league and have not been beaten by us ini think it six attempts.

Will it change next season?as celtic fans we hope so but i dont think it will be a simple case of us getting a new manager a few new players.They will build on what they have and will be stronger next season and will be a major challenge for us next season.

Of course things can only get better for us next season but while we have money they have momentum so i think next season will be tough.

13. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I'm very worried, they are in a position to strengthen a winning team, we now have to rebuild a losing team. Getting pumped 4-1 would have been a blip if we hadn't lost all but one game against them this season.

We don't seem to anyone with the will to win any more. Even in the 1990s when they were cheating their way to 9 in a row I can't remember a season where we didn't at least one game against them. Back then though we had real Celtic men like Collins, mcstay, Grant Aitkin. Men who really wanted it. Now we have a team of mercenaries who get their massive wages regardless of how * the play.

14. joemc

They have let us have the ball for the most tbh , and let us play into errors or knew we will concede at set play as our defending has been shocking this season , after we equalized in the last game they upped thier game then we lost mcgregor, so they had it in them to gain control but choose to sit in .

15. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

We can compare players all we want. The deciding factor in us losing 10 in a row is the back room teams. There’s no getting away from the fact that they’re tactically astute - we went 75% of the season with a manager who doesn’t believe in tactics.

16. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    'the business model' :99:

Big els likes this.
  17. SteveyNico67

If that was true - which thankfully, it’s not - that would be absolutely insane

Luckily at least 6 of that hun side - if they weren’t horrible mutant bitter, 55-luvvin huns - (which they are) would walk straight into that Celtic team right now, no danger.

Re:55 - still this pish is getting banded about. It’s 1INAROW. That’s it. 1 trophy from 12. Hardly anything to crow about.

Image removed

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
  18. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    We have been rotten all season against nearly every team. Yet we still created a lot of chances against those world beaters from govan. Not being funny but they have been bang average against us and we are * at the moment

If we had a proper defence and a centre forward that didn't need a dozen chances to take one we would have stood a chance.

19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Who is talented in that squad? Who will go for big bucks?

I agree that it is insane. Who should get player of the year? McGregor. Their keeper. When have you ever heard of a team dominating a league but their best player is their keeper?

Individually they're *. They play as a team and that's what wins you games and one trophy.

20. SteveyNico67

Kent I’d say

Morelos will shift something

Not much I admit but yeh answered your question