1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Kennedy

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, May 15, 2016.

Discuss John Kennedy in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Agree he's been a bigger disaster than Lennon and knew before kick off yesterday when I saw the team we were not winning that game .
    I would had more sympathy for Kennedy If he tried something different in formation and playing Soro Griff and dembele in the last 5 games we had left .

trackebhoy, Peej and Artorias like this.
  2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Is it just 2 more games to go? Thank * for that. Guys hopeless.

johnboy19, Sydneysider and Peej like this.
  3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

:62:

4. ladbroke8

Just refused to have his own identity and persisted with something that doesn't work

Slaw and Artorias like this.
  5. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Exactly this, the sign of a big shitebag.

Absolutely no pressure and they all shat themselves.

johnboy19 and Crilly like this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just read that in his post match presser, he said the game plan was to “force rangers[sic] into crossing from wide”

THATS THEIR BIGGEST * STRENGTH!!!

And coincidentally defending crosses is one of the weakest parts of our game.

Laughable.

7. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    * *. He really is a plonker.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  8. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This big dipshit not away yet ?

9. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No ill will but he's not demonstrated any sort of game plan in 3 attempts vs the huns so for that reason he needs to be part of the clear out.

Mr Shelby and Crilly like this.
  10. kemper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Athenray
    ' Ich bin ein * football coach '

johnboy19 and Avatar Daizen like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Jobs for the bhoys.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  12. StevieBhoooy!

Time to go John..

Let the laptop pick the team for the last 2 games...

Artorias likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He shouldn't even be caretaker manager, someone needs to grow a set and get him tae * out the club, the guy is stealing a wage, fed up hearing how he's a nice guy and well respected by everyone who has worked with him, the guy has nothing about him and should be nowhere near the coaching staff at Celtic.

It's never healthy when you have someone in a job for the wrong reasons, the club owe JK * all, we cannot afford a pity case, if he's that talented then let him go elsewhere, his time at Celtic should be up.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Mr Shelby, bagforlife, Slaw and 5 others like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Starting to believe the last 2-3 years has been his identity.

Lennon came in and said “I am delighted John (interim assistant manager Kennedy) is here with me. He has prepped the teams and knows the machinations of what goes on behind the scenes. I will be relying on him a lot.”

“There is a core here who have led the way and I will be leaning on them because they know how to get that done.”

I firmly now believe he has turned to Kennedy and got him to just do what was being done previously under Rodgers - but without any of the tools. He expected Kennedy to have actually learnt something from Rodgers, clearly he hasn't.
    From that interim basis, I reckon Lennon has seen the team over the line, then continued to do what he done at that time, letting Kennedy take too much control and influence, believing he was channeling some inner footballing * out of Kennedy.

Clear as day that Kennedy has had too much say in things and as * poor of a manager Lennon really is, Kennedy is every bit as bad if not worse.

Guy simply can not be left to remain at the club any longer.

Lewis Kerr, ladbroke8 and SuperZidane like this.
  15. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Kennedy is a stop-gap because they * up with the managerial appointment. And the stop-gap approach is symptomatic of how this club has been run for some time, And it was only exceeded by an excellent coach in Brendan Rodgers in recent times. Look at this team, its loaded with stop-gaps (Bitton playing centre half for example), loans (Left back, Right Back, Duffy, Mo El) diluted quality( Taylor, Bayo, Shved, Ralston,Welsh) and players who are beyond their best (Rogic,Brown,Griffiths).

The erosion of standards in this team and it festered even last year, is down to the board and their actions. Was never going to be replaced by a stop-gap like Kennedy. The confidence and any cohesion of this team has been shot to bits with the previous months of constant failure. Warning signs such as the Frenecvaros game and post-match comments for example, were ignored by those in the position to do something about it. It was all about the Scottish Cup from last season, another example of short-termism in all its finery. Passing the buck or hoping the problems would go away.

I didn't expect much from Kennedy, because we had nothing to play for by the time he came in. I know we had the Scottish Cup. But when the draw was made, the baw was up on the slates for us.

The end of the season cannot come quick enough, that's been apparent for months.

I'm not going to tell Kennedy what he should do with his career. If I was in his position, my next step would be away from this club. And build my reputation elsewhere. Because any goodwill is few and far between.

16. murphy88

There isn't many new managers that take over and don't give the team a lift with the "new manager syndrome", but Kennedy couldn't even do that.

His interview yesterday is just laughable. Rangers biggest threat comes from their full backs getting into crossing positions and putting balls into the box. Our biggest weakness is trying to defend crossed balls into our box. The guy is a dumpling. He should have been out on his * along with Lennon.

martin_d, Lewis Kerr, seanm and 3 others like this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye an actual laptop, not the numpty sitting in front of it.

martin_d, johnboy19 and seanm like this.
  18. SuperZidane

You literally couldn't make it up. I'd honestly be amazed and disappointed if Howe wanted him anywhere near the first team.

martin_d, seanm and Sean Daleer like this.
  19. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    The problem with that is, if true, it it casts Lennon in a very very unfavourable light. How * a manager can you be if you let the apprentice do all of your job? :giggle1:

Would make Lawwell sad as well as he could have saved Lennon's salary and put the money into his.

20. snoogins

It's actually amazing how badly he's * it.

Imagine in your work your line manager is sacked and the big boss says "Right, for now, you're in charge, we're looking to get someone in but the department is in your hands". Would you not try and stake a claim to say that you're the guy for the job? If you watched someone get sacked would you continue to do the exact same as them and expect different results?

Now I'm not saying for a second he should've been in contention for the managerial position but if he had any sort of ambition he would back himself to at least sow seeds of doubt in the boardroom. It's amazing how he's shown to the entire world that he was part of the endemic problems at our club. All he's really done the past 3 months is let everyone know that there is no way he should be kept on in any capacity.

Well done John you "managed" your way out of a lifetime job

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    martin_d and Lecs like this.