1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would've terrorised that Hun defence earlier..

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Jesus christ.

Miles off Celtic level.

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Geniunely hurts seeing how good he's doing.

People went on about Mcginn, and rightly so, but Toney is so much worse, guy is already a £25-30 million player after one season, instead we went for a fat lazy * who constantly dives when he's on the pitch.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Well Peter Lawwell brought Neil Lennon in for his "eye for a player".........

HTG likes this.
  6. dmccourt95

Not a single player currently playing in the league is good enough to be a title winner at Celtic

7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

No doubt. Pity we don’t have any fullbacks that can put a decent cross in for him to get on the end of but Turnbull would assist him for fun.

We really know how to pick our strikers don’t we? First picking Scepovic over Kramaric and now Ajeti over Toney.

I still think there is a player in Ajeti though. He had some great finishes when he first came into the team. I think he needs a sustained run in the side under a new manager which hopefully will give him a new lease of life. He has looked like a huffy * at times and looked like he has been carrying some extra timber but he knows how to put the ball in the net when given a chance.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah it’s been quite incredible the season that Toney has had so far. Ajeti arguably looked a better signing on paper with him having done well at Basel but it doesn’t always work out that way.

I still think their is a player in Ajeti though although his sulky appearance and diving has got on my nerves as well. He has shown he is a good finisher when given a chance. Would like to see how he gets on under a new positive manager that gets us playing good attacking football. I think he could flourish then.

HTG likes this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Only comfort I have is there's no doubt Toney would have struggled up here under this team as well. He wouldn't have done as bad as Ajeti has imo, but considering every player under Lennon this season has regressed it's hard to see anyone doing good.

I don't fully disagree on your opinion on Ajeti, I do think under the right team he'll flourish, and I think we might struggle to offload him next year so I can see us keeping him, here's hoping he does a turn.

10. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah I don’t think Toney would have had the same return in this Celtic side this season. I don’t know an awful lot about him so I might be wrong in saying this but he strikes me as a player that will thrive on good service provided to him rather than creating a lot of chances for himself. Edouard for example at his best creates a lot of opportunities himself through his own dribbling and intelligence. I’m not saying Toney isn’t capable of creating opportunities for himself, I just think he thrives more on the quality service which we are not providing whatsoever.

I am not comparing them in terms of overall ability but look at Bayo for example. He is a player that clearly has a lot of ability in the air like Toney but we don’t play to his strengths because we don’t have full backs/wingers that get good deliveries into the box. We are starved of a good crosser apart from Turnbull.

We need to improve in a number of positions next season obviously but we are in desperate need of some pace and creativity throughout the team, especially in wide areas from the fullbacks and wingers. Kenny and Taylor/Laxalt aren’t good enough. Elyounoussi has a lot of ability but hasn’t got the pace to worry teams too much on the counter attack when playing wide. Forrest has been a massive miss all season. Johnston has ability but I am starting to really doubt he is going to fulfil his potential.

Definitely willing to give guys like Ajeti a chance under a new manager because like you said everyone has regressed under Lennon/Kennedy. McGregor been one of the biggest examples of this. The comparison between where he was at under the rat to now is incredible.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Ajeti seems like a bad apple to me. Punt..

Mince.Charming likes this.
  12. murphy88

I haven't seen enough of McGrath, but the two from Hibs would easily get into our squad. We are going to need to bring in probably 10+ players. I'd happily take Boyle and Nisbet as squad players.

13. murphy88

To be fair mate, look at who they * have signed to topple us. Players from Aberdeen, Dundee, Wigan, Hull, Brighton Reserves. I'm not saying that we should sign the boy from St. Mirren, but there are players in Scotland that I would take due to the number of players we will need to bring in. We obviously need to bring in better quality than what is available in Scotland as well, but I have no problem with a mix of both.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There isn't many whatsoever just now though..

They've gone a full season unbeaten in one of the poorest quality wise that I can remember domestically, including their selves..

Think McGrath has been good for them but I even saw Jim Goodwin saying he'd rather he came to us than bottom of the championship, league 1. That says it all for me..

I've also been one of those that championed Nisbet when he was at Dunfermline as a punt for a 4th type option (I've said for a while even at the level below that he was much better than Shankland) and he would've added a lot more to us than Klimala and Ajeti have....even Griffiths this season. A Tim that was cheap and on the doorstep..

Boyle also would've considering we've had no wingers for much of the season..

They still wouldn't be world beaters or even getting off the bench for a decent Celtic side though..

I wouldn't be totally against those 2 but there's no one else I'd take for our squad. Hickey I would've liked last season and he has a far higher ceiling than Taylor. Doig possibly, only possibly for potential..

15. murphy88

They have gone unbeaten as there has been no fans, that's the main reason.

I wasn't a fan of Hickey to be honest. Any time I watched him I thought he looked poor. I didn't want Taylor either. I do think Boyle and Nisbet would add something though and could definitely make an impact for us domestically. Beyond that I'm not so sure, but we play a lot of games during a season, so they wouldn't be bad additions for relatively low transfer fees I would imagine.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. hidey-holey

Yuma suzuki 17goals in belgium. Wants out and club want at least 4mil.
    Good ball scorer especially in the air but have a record of difficulty to settles on a new environment.

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Don't even know where to start targets wise, being honest.

Just got to hope someone at the club does. Time is getting thin already.

18. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    We're we naw looking at him b4 , remember the name an signed him on pro ev unless it was just he had a game face on that lol

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Posted him in the suggestions when he was in Japan..

Looked perfect for us then..

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Having seen a fair bit of him in LOI, he's done far far better than most imagined.

Goodwin's a good sales man, I'd be surprised if any of those managers in England are operating above League 1.

Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts would be his ceiling. No thank you.

Maestro 08 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.